: Need tech help asap

Lu Scola
03-19-09, 12:43 AM
I wrecked my EXT saturday into a guard rail saturday. I smashed the whole pass side. Since then my stability light came on. Insurance said I have to get a diagnostic and they will pay for the fix if it was contributed to the accident. I am getting it serviced at the body/mech shop my friend owns.

I need to know what are the componants that make up the entire stability system so I can get this looked at and fixed. I need help asap so i can get this taken care of asap.

My truck was put in the shop immediatly and is almost ready for the paint booth. Ill post pics of the damage tommorrow.

Thanks, Lu

ZaC851
03-19-09, 12:49 AM
Go to www.gmpartsdirect.com

Put in your make and year model....then on the left hand side go to "Electrical" then "Ride control components" Lists all the parts under that.

Just guessing here though

Lu Scola
03-19-09, 01:09 AM
Also want a little info on what the most common issues with the stability system go bad to make this light come on.

fierodough
03-19-09, 07:01 AM
Also want a little info on what the most common issues with the stability system go bad to make this light come on.

Usualy a sensor.. Could be ABS, wheel speed sensor. Or a ride hight sensor. The stability modeule. could be anything.

Get the codes pulled and that might guide you in the right direction.

ESCALADOR
03-19-09, 01:28 PM
Damn Lu, you alright? You have been havin some shitty luck on 95! (if that is where it happend)

zerocarpileup
03-20-09, 12:57 AM
Might be the steering wheel position sensor, the steering wheel is always violently jarred in accidents, so it could have misaligned the sensitive sensor.

Povich
03-21-09, 01:44 AM
Damn tht sucks! Hope Ur alright! Id prob pull codes also see wht ya got there!

ridehard
03-22-09, 09:02 PM
your insurance is dumb you got in a wreck and now they are wondering why you got a engine light on now hmmmm thats crazy