: 4T80E solenoid shift replacement

El Diggy
03-18-09, 11:24 PM
About to try to change the shift solenoids in a 4T80E, Has anyone done this job before? Any info or diagrams I could get my hands on would greatly be appreciated.:hmm:

STSj90
03-18-09, 11:52 PM
The job is fairly easy. Make sure you get the shift solenoid kit. That come's with the bracket. Do a search around for some stuff. The job is a big MESS! But its really not hard. As long as you have somthing to go by. I did it without a torque wrench.

Im assuming your replacing shift a and b solenoids?

Ranger
03-19-09, 11:46 AM
Definitely do a search. I seem to recall a tutorial on it. Might be in the Tech Tips section. Be advised that there are (I think) 9 steel spring loaded check balls in the valve body when you open it up, so be very careful and note where they are.

El Diggy
03-19-09, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the info. I have the Chilton repair manual and it doesn't have the procedure in it, so until I find something in a post or atleast a diagram I'm not going to try it, I heard alot about people have problems with the check balls and I don't want to be one of them.

zonie77
03-19-09, 12:16 PM
There are a couple threads on it.

It is easy to overtighten the valve body bolts so an inch/pound torque wrench is highly recommended.

The new bracket holds the solenoids in so make sure you install it. The solenoids coming loose is the primary cause of failure.

STSS
03-19-09, 12:31 PM
I have the Chilton repair manual and...

Throw it in the trash and buy a FSM.

landyacht33
04-11-10, 10:14 PM
no one wants to actually post where the procedure is just that its easy to find but 3 hours later still nothing for me

Ranger
04-11-10, 10:45 PM
I assume you checked the Tech Tips section? Maybe this will help.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/67985-code-p094-shift-solenoid-speed-sensor.html

zonie77
04-11-10, 11:21 PM
Ranger,

Could you make a sticky out of the linked thread?

Could you cut and paste the instructions and add the pdf's, then make a sticky in tech tips so we could find it easily?

Maybe a sticky that just has the link to the linked one and if we find one of the other threads with instructions we could add it?

Whatever is easier. :)

Submariner409
04-12-10, 09:07 AM
General Cadillac Discussion, Cadillac Tech Tips. 2 minutes of page checks. P.5, 09-08-07. Code P094, shift A solenoid...........

99.999% of questions asked are already answered in the pages of Tech Tips.

Ranger
04-12-10, 11:20 AM
If it's in the Tech Tips I'll just leave well enough alone. If I keep making sticky's for all these things we'll wind up with pages of them and be more better off than we are now. I guess we'll just have to teach people to find them or post the links for them.