: Audio System EQ Settings

fstshrk
03-18-09, 10:10 PM
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the EQ settings in the Audio system.

My Radio is tuned to Radio XM 1. I set the Audio settings to EQ 1 and DSP to Spacious. I drive the car to work. I get out lock the car and go to work.

I come back to the car at the end of the day, start the car and my Audio settings have gone EQ 2 & DSP Normal.

Why is this happening to me? I have Personalization turned on, the seat settings etc are all working. The car recognizes me. It's like the radio is possessed.

Any help?

thebigjimsho
03-18-09, 11:29 PM
Do you have fob #2?

CTSV_510
03-18-09, 11:33 PM
I'll never understand that goddam radio...

VforMe
03-18-09, 11:37 PM
Are you holding down the EQ button after you get all your settings correct? The EQ can be set to be different depending on what you're listening to ie...xm, fm, cd, even different radio stations. But you have to hold down the EQ button that you want.

fstshrk
03-18-09, 11:43 PM
I think the EQ setting depends on what XM preset I listen to. Interesting.

VforMe
03-18-09, 11:44 PM
I think the EQ setting depends on what XM preset I listen to. Interesting.

yeah, hold down the eq button you want and that should do it.

fstshrk
03-18-09, 11:45 PM
Sure, but when you turn the radio off and turn it back on, it goes back to another EQ setting. That's what I was trying to say earlier.

VforMe
03-18-09, 11:51 PM
Okay, I had to go out in the garage and look because I don't currently have XM hooked up in my car. When your in the XM screen you have 6 presets stations on the right side. Set the EQ the way you want, then hold down the preset for that station. So if you have a talk station preset you can set the DSP for talk and if you have a rock station set you can set it for EQ 1, country station for EQ 2, whatever your preference. This should work the same way for FM stations as well.

concorso
03-19-09, 12:01 AM
Christine?

VforMe
03-19-09, 12:11 AM
Christine?

Sassy?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/156025-alright-who-hacked-into-my-v.html

fstshrk
03-19-09, 12:40 AM
VForMe. You are right. The EQ seems to be tied to the particular station. Makes sense, but a bit too complicated ;-)

Anyway, I turn off the radio and listen to the intake & exhaust most of the time!

thebigjimsho
03-19-09, 12:42 AM
You need to set the EQ for every preset on every type of input.