: 01 Deville Aftermarket HELP!!!

mdsheely
03-18-09, 09:14 PM
I know, I am going to be told to search, well I have...endlessly. I have yet to find the difinitive answer to my questions so here goes.

I have an 01 Deville. No bose, no navi, with steering controls and back up sensors. I want to put in a CLARION Touchscreen double din head unit.

What kit do I need to purchase. I am starting to double think the need for the stereo controls, especially when the player is a touchscreen. Any ways, are there directions on how to do the install and which kit I will need?

I have tried to shoot 03sts a PM, but apparently I havent been a member long enough.

So if someone wants to shoot me a PM, or give me a call, I would be forever grateful. I am getting ready to pay an audio shop 350 to do the install and I am not confident they are going to do it right.
Thanks for looking and helping, if anyone needs help with anything I will try and answer.(HVAC, ELECTRICAL, ETC)
Thanks,
Mike S.

still_walkin
04-05-09, 03:05 AM
first you need a metra kit and a adapter so you can use your steering wheel controls. as for the stock radio i know the newer models they wired the radios into the cars anti theft so your gonna have a problem there

2001_pearl_deville
04-14-09, 12:02 PM
I have the same issue, I have a 7" double din unit that I'm currently trying to install. I know for a fact you will need the 95-2005B dask kit from installer.com($33.99), you will also need wire harness(DCGM19SRB) $119.99. Now this is where I need help, I'm not sure if in need another wire harness to by-pass the factory amp. I think i'm just going to allow a shop to do the install for me just to be sure it is done correctly, it is expensive to allow a shop to perform the install, but if you purchase the parts the price is cut down dramatically. If you fine any additional info please let me know!

codewize
04-22-09, 04:28 PM
It's always been my understanding that you can not remove the factory radio from these cars. If you do lots of things stop working.

There were stories a while back about guys wiring the factory head units into the trunk so they could keep them attached then setting up the new system on a totally independent harness.

I have never tried, nor will I but that's what we're told.