: Wait4Me are the exhausts ready?

musclesbmf
03-18-09, 01:10 PM
I thought I remember Wednesday as being the magic day for the exhausts to be ready for sale?

Well.....

wait4me
03-18-09, 01:20 PM
Im taking orders for them now thru paypal.

I had sold 14 kits the first day i posted about them. Ill be making the rest of that batch and any other orders that come thru on saturday and sunday.

They are all hand tig welded so they take time to make each.. Not counting all the mandrel bends involved to be an exact perfect fit.

$1000 + shipping for a full 3 inch mandrel bent to the tail pipes. No cutting involved.
$800 + shipping for a full 3 inch mandrel bent to the gas tanks that band clamp right into your stock mufflers. You have to make 2 cuts and then no welding.

Both kits include a 200 dollar X pipe assembly.

The exhaust is as smooth as possible with no noises or clunks and you have all your ground clearance. :)

GM-4-LIFE
03-18-09, 02:12 PM
wait4me (jes),

Sent you a PM and waiting for a response.

Thanks!

SG

musclesbmf
03-18-09, 02:59 PM
Can you post a pic of the tips that are on the complete system?

Thanks,
Mark

RapidRob
03-18-09, 10:41 PM
Jess - I'm a little unclear on some specifics. Are the cats still included in both kits? The kit all the way to the tips, (no mufflers), right? Where exactly, are the cuts required on the kit to the mufflers, right before the muffs themselves? Also, I thought you had a video demonstrating the kit with no mufflers, but I can't seem to locate it on your Youtube site. Did you take it down .. ?

Thanks.

Rob

musclesbmf
03-18-09, 11:47 PM
Jess - I'm a little unclear on some specifics. Are the cats still included in both kits? The kit all the way to the tips, (no mufflers), right? Where exactly, are the cuts required on the kit to the mufflers, right before the muffs themselves? Also, I thought you had a video demonstrating the kit with no mufflers, but I can't seem to locate it on your Youtube site. Did you take it down .. ?

Thanks.

Rob

I think I can help a little here as I spoke to him about a week ago and also saw a pic or video (I forget which) of the exhaust that goes into stock mufflers.

Both system get rid of the 2 rear cats/resonators leaving the front 2. No issue because the rear o2 sensors are in front of these resonators. the kits bolt directly up to the cat pipes. For the kit that uses the mufflers, it stops in front of the rear diff and then you clamp it down to the stock exhaust. so, there are still2 bends in the stock exhaust.

Hope that helps,
Mark

wait4me
03-19-09, 09:22 AM
I can put the rear cats back in place if someone wants it that way. BUT i would need your rear cats to put into the system, and that would require you cutting them out.
The front ones are still there and no programming change is needed as the V system only monitors the performance of the front ones.

It kind of defeats the purpose of going to all 3 inch though.

As for the cuts required. Where i have you cut the stock exhaust is all the way near the back right in front of the rear diff. There are no crushed spots that far back. It is just a simple cut, and then band clamp the 2 pipes together. No welding requred.

Im changing to a better x pipe setup that is supposed to be the best for flow and power, So the ones shipping are going to have it instead of the one in the video.

The whole system can be swapped in about 15 minutes if the car is up in the air. A total of 6 bolts need to be taken off.. It is a VERY easy swap.

YouTube - Wait4me Performance 3 inch exhaust system view from bottom of car for 2009 CTS V.

AZstar
03-19-09, 10:01 AM
Please enlighten me. What does the X-pipe do. Is it to change the sound? Does it affect performance?

Thanks.

musclesbmf
03-19-09, 11:17 AM
X pipe vs. h-pipe.
Our cars currently have an x-pipe on them, this system will just incorporate a better one as he stated for more floe and power. x and h pipes are used for exhaust balancing which help with power and sound.

Mark

aceofblitz
03-19-09, 11:25 AM
"$1000 + shipping for a full 3 inch mandrel bent to the tail pipes. No cutting involved."
I don't believe you uploaded a clip of that setup.
If i were to order an exhaust system I'd rather have it 3 inch to the very end, surely I'd have to hear sound clips or watch a video of it.

wait4me
03-19-09, 11:27 AM
Ill try to upload the vid of the full one today. It takes for EVER for stupid youtubes hd uploading service....

aceofblitz
03-19-09, 11:35 AM
Haha I feel your pain, you need some of that Fios goodness if you plan on uploading craploads of media for us.

Tasos
03-19-09, 11:26 PM
Do you offer a header/full exhaust setup? How much? If not, when? Thanks.