: N* Swap with Factory ECM and avoiding DTC's

JaxxMan
03-18-09, 12:04 PM
It's been a few years since I've been active and I must say I've missed (mostly caught up) some exciting stuff.

I am planning to move my Engine/trans/ABS and entire front drive train to another GM car also the lower steering column PassKey/Vats and parts of the dash + wiring.

I understand what's involved with this undertaking and now my question.

Are there any other modules I need to worry about to avoid limp mode and make the car at least be drivable ?

This is a temporary solution until I learn more about Megasquirt or if AJ's ECU project pans out for the 4T80E (not sure because I'm ODBI) TEC 3 is a bit out of my price range.

Thanks for reading.

chubbyranger
03-22-09, 06:18 AM
If you have active suspension there might be some challenges. Also the ABS may not work correctly with the rear brakes of the receiving car.

JaxxMan
03-23-09, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the tips chubbyranger

The air ride suspension is shot already (going with aftermarket later) and I think was a procedure for disabling it for passive struts, no luck finding the thread for the N*'s yet, just the 4.9L

I will see if I can adapter the rear wheel sensor modules into my swap, if not I will have to leave them out. The FSM doesn't have a great diagram of the rear hub but the wiring diagrams are great! :D