: Truck pulls left and to the right

tywone
03-18-09, 04:52 AM
Hello everyone I have a 2005 ext and while driving on the interstate doing about 65, i have noticed that the truck pulls left and right very badly, at first i thought it was just me having to get use to AWD but my wife said the samething and now she refuses to drive it, which may not be a bad thing. But it seems to get a little better when i turn off the traction control, i brought it from eastern motors and they basically screwed me. Does anyone know what that may be.

Rolex
03-18-09, 09:35 AM
Bad tires. If the vehicle constatntly pulled in one direction I would guess the front end may be out of alignment. I suggest rotating the tires and perhaps having them road balanced as a less expensive trouble shooting alternative. If that doesn't fix the trouble, have an alignment.

blkesv2004
03-18-09, 11:32 AM
Hello everyone I have a 2005 ext and while driving on the interstate doing about 65, i have noticed that the truck pulls left and right very badly, at first i thought it was just me having to get use to AWD but my wife said the samething and now she refuses to drive it, which may not be a bad thing. But it seems to get a little better when i turn off the traction control, i brought it from eastern motors and they basically screwed me. Does anyone know what that may be.

Do check the alignment, but make sure that the machine is set for your vehicle specifically, I have an ESV and I was going through tires like crazy until we realized that they had the machine set for the short escalade rather than the long one.
Good luck!
J.

luxurylife33
03-18-09, 09:56 PM
had a 99 escalade which had some weird steering issues like your saying.... turned out to be the pitman arm...

tywone
03-19-09, 06:19 AM
ill get those things check tomorrow morning thanks. Another thing do you all know why my heat would stop getting hot. It did work before but then all of a sudden stopped.

ratbike1
03-20-09, 11:48 AM
Try and find a front end/ suspension shop instead of the usual tire change type alignment places; trust me there's a world of skill/experience difference there!