: 2000 seville sts glove box aux inputs

magley64
03-18-09, 12:04 AM
This may have already been covered 1000000 times, but i cannot find it for the life of me, and i've been searching for several hours...

I have a 2000 Seville STS with factory bose navi...

1. there are aux inputs in the glove box, Audio/Video composite...
Is there any way to "activate" these inputs so that they function through the stereo? (for use with DVD player or ipod for example)

2. Is there a quick way to bypass the en-route lockout on the navigation?

thanks in advance for any help...

Šuane

magley64
03-30-09, 05:26 PM
bump?

iowasevillests
03-30-09, 07:15 PM
Read the thread stickied on the top of this page about I wanna watch movies! There is an over ride code in there to allow playing a DVD while in motion, I think they figured out Nav as well, but since I don't have factory Nav I've never bothered to read the whole thing.

Far as your question on the aux input connections I'll let one of the guys with more experience on that side of things answer it, I know there are some custom harnesses out there, but not sure what it requires to use one, cadillacSTS2003 would know the answer to your question.

mtflight
03-30-09, 07:43 PM
Ok... try this: connect your aux source to them, and then hit the DVD key (with no DVD other than the mapdisc, else it will play DVD lol)

derone
03-31-09, 05:48 PM
The '00 STS navigation uses CDs instead of DVDs. Mine has the navi too.

magley64
01-22-10, 01:55 AM
there are 5 soft keys available

FM1 FM2 AM
CD Weather

if the cd changer is unplugged or the disks haven't loaded the cd button will go "hollow" but it's still there on the screen

when in nav map mode, the top right corner of the screen shows whatever audio source is in use in the form of a soft key, and when the navigation "chimes in" to give me a directional instruction a hollow key with "nav" appears in it's place.

I can't seem to find a way to get the aux to show up...

magley64
05-23-12, 11:12 AM
3 years out, still no idea what is going on with these aux inputs in my glove box...

N*Caddy
05-23-12, 10:26 PM
If anything fails read the owner's manual.

rodnok01
05-23-12, 11:39 PM
Does it have cd changer in glove box?

rodnok01
05-24-12, 12:53 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/87869-navigation-questions.html
Couple of entries on the net about those being tv inputs but need other pieces. And quite a few saying play and play for audio... seems to depend on year alot and some don't mention their years unfortunately.
I could suggest they might only be video driven and possibly not show up unless device is connected?

The only other thing I can think of is maybe they're not hooked up to HU? never know...