: EXT Bed Panels

ManTruck
03-17-09, 08:59 PM
Are the bed panel covers designed to seal enough to keep water out of the bed when it rains or are they mostly for security?

Also the panel closest to the tailgate on my '06 has a bow to it like something heavy was placed on it. Anyone ever replaced a panel and what do they cost?

Thanks for your help!

luxurylife33
03-17-09, 09:14 PM
I keep sensitive tools back there sometime, never seen a drop of water, should be air tight. As for the outter panel, try and lightly heat the back of the panel with a heat gun and apply pressure from that back... I believe they are plastic.

ManTruck
03-17-09, 09:27 PM
Good idea! I thought about leaving it in the sun upside down with some weight on it. Just waiting to see the sun a little more.

Sounds like your panels are water tight. Not sure where mine are leaking. Think I can get my teenage daughter to lay under the panels as I run water over them? I think I know the answer....

Any idea how much those babys cost to replace?

luxurylife33
03-17-09, 10:26 PM
very expensive... $300+ used off ebay .... about $1000 new from the dealer, maybe more.... try sticking ur daughter under there and have a look with a flashlight....... might just be a $20 rubber seal!

J-Ridez
03-18-09, 06:21 PM
Mine were very leaking when I got it - after going over all the rubber seals with an "armor all" type product several times, I'm down to just one little leaky area. The previous owner was not too detailed oriented to say the least. Point of it is that leaks can be cured with a little TLC.