: Questions from a newbie.

robb257731
03-17-09, 11:46 AM
Hi All,

I bought my first Cadillac back in September 2008. It's my dream car, a 1992Brougham D'Elegance. I never thought I'd end up with one, but I stumbled across it on Ebay, and picked it up for $2500. It needs paint, but the Broughams are hard to find in Canada, and so I bought it anyway. The car is basically completely original aside from the paint. It was originally Sapphire Mist, but it was painted a really nice charcoal grey at some point in its life, with the roof dyed to a complimenting grey. I'm not sure if the repaint was Academy Grey or not. It's got some green in it.

Now for my questions.

1. How do I change the clock on the original Cadillac am/fm cassette radio? I've misplaced my owner's manual.

2. Can the fibreoptics on the front hood be changed? The driver's side optics are nice and bright, but the passenger sides are quite dim.

3. The centre right air vent cover on the dash is broken. Can this be removed without the special tool that's mentioned in the service manual? I can't remove it for the life of me, and it needs replacing.

4. The dome lights are non-functional. At some point someone must have really whaled on them, as they no longer click on. Does anyone have a resource as to where to find replacements, or how to repair them?

Many Thanks
Rob

mjs182004
03-17-09, 02:59 PM
welcome!, if the radio is similar to mine, with the radio off you push the set button and then use the seek and or scan buttons to change the time. if i remember right. hope that helps. not sure about the other things you mentioned.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/mjs182004/winterpics009.jpg

robb257731
03-17-09, 03:01 PM
Ahhh, the one combination I hadn't tried. Thanks!

csbuckn
03-17-09, 07:55 PM
check by the light to see if the fiberoptic is plugged in. If it just hangs by the light, it will be dim. If you do have to replace them, they unclip/unscrew from the bottom side.

jayoldschool
03-17-09, 09:22 PM
You can get the vents out with a couple of small flat blade screwdrivers. Shine a light in there (and look at the above pic), and you will see where they need to slide in to release the tabs. Then, pull back on the vent.