: I Just Added 638 HP to my CTS-V.

Short-Throw
03-16-09, 09:02 PM
There was a huge crowd around both cars today. The Cyber Gray is a little darker than the Thunder Gray. Both colors really accentuate each car's lines though. Surprisingly, more people were interested in the CTS-V being I brought it to the Chevrolet dealership.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/3360699371_41012ddf80_o.jpg

The funny thing is I have more seat time on the track in a ZR-1 having driven it on 4 different tracks last year before it's release, than I have driven the CTS-V. I hope to make those stats more even once our track opens April 1.

I hope to have both cars out at Katech's Track Attack this year at Autobahn May 9-10, along with my two race cars. I believe there are still some spots left for this event. It would be petty cool to see some the CTS-Vs competing against the C6's and Z06's. I think a good driver in a CTS-V has a real chance. It's a great venue to just open up the car safely too!

Mike

CtsVrod
03-16-09, 09:21 PM
:drool: :drool:

poor-sha
03-16-09, 09:29 PM
Very nice my friend, very nice.

Richie18
03-16-09, 09:49 PM
I'd like dance with your ZR1 :thumbsup: Ford vs. Chevy :want:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5210/imag0062oc3.jpg

Jayrcr3
03-16-09, 10:29 PM
Nice!!!

Razorecko
03-17-09, 01:15 AM
Looks great Mike ! what are your plans for the ZR1 ?

proexpert
03-17-09, 02:33 AM
Mike you are a real inspiration to me. I'm a small business owner and your success makes me believe that all my hard work will pay off someday.

And oh yeah, congratulations on the ZR1 / CTS-V combo.

Hawkeye2
03-17-09, 06:03 AM
I also have a duet - cept mines an Atomic Orange Z06 - 08. I have about a month to go before
the CTS arrives...enjoy and keep posting pics!

MReiland
03-17-09, 09:29 AM
:bows: You sir, ARE THE MAN.

SRT8/BMW
03-17-09, 09:34 AM
There was a huge crowd around both cars today. The Cyber Gray is a little darker than the Thunder Gray. Both colors really accentuate each car's lines though. Surprisingly, more people were interested in the CTS-V being I brought it to the Chevrolet dealership.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/3360699371_41012ddf80_o.jpg

The funny thing is I have more seat time on the track in a ZR-1 having driven it on 4 different tracks last year before it's release, than I have driven the CTS-V. I hope to make those stats more even once our track opens April 1.

I hope to have both cars out at Katech's Track Attack this year at Autobahn May 9-10, along with my two race cars. I believe there are still some spots left for this event. It would be petty cool to see some the CTS-Vs competing against the C6's and Z06's. I think a good driver in a CTS-V has a real chance. It's a great venue to just open up the car safely too!

Mike

where is this event at?? (at the risk of sounding stupid--but I an interested)

wait4me
03-17-09, 10:14 AM
At the track attack Are we allowed to bring other vehicles besides just corvettes? If so i may drive over to the Autobahn Country Club.. It would be fun. Joilet, Illinois looks to be a 3 hour drive for me.

Short-Throw
03-17-09, 10:17 AM
where is this event at?? (at the risk of sounding stupid--but I an interested)

Not stupid at all.

The Katech Track Attack is at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet IL on the May 09-10 weekend. Last year we had Ron Fellows and Andy Pilgrim attend and give people rides in the C6RS from Pratt & Miller. They also drove participants in their own cars which was awesome. It was predominantly filled with Z06's but I'd love to see a lot of V1's and V2's there this year. Of course any car that is safe is welcome. As you know Katech is the engine builder for the Chevrolet Racing Team.

This year Andy Pilgrim is returning again along with Johnny O'Connell. I will most likely be leading the classroom instruction again for the beginners who have never been on track before or have limited experience. It's an event for all skill levels and great camaraderie.

This is a great opportunity to discover what the CTS-V can do and learn how to drive the car safely with a lot of track time.

Here are a few pics from last year.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3104/2648446608_ed6510ca4e_o.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/painrace/Allwaveagain.jpg

All registrants must be approved before attending. Feel free to ask me any further questions or shoot me a PM.

You can register here:

http://store.katechengines.com/Product77

Mike

OldDrummer55
03-17-09, 10:42 AM
Very, very impressive.:worship: I do miss track time. Years ago I was a police EVOC instructor and really enjoyed pushing my car to the limits... :spin:

chris1268
03-17-09, 10:43 AM
Hey Mike.....Gotta check my schedule but I'm pretty sure I'm in.

haterinc
03-17-09, 11:07 AM
I'm "ENVY"

Short-Throw
03-17-09, 11:24 AM

I think the GT is a great looking car. :cool: I've driven a few on track. It's not an easy car to get the maximum out of and has very little headroom for a helmet. But it does make a great flame thrower!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/1783348649_6495a885f4_o.jpg

Mike

wait4me
03-17-09, 01:21 PM
Dfco!!!!

thebigjimsho
03-17-09, 02:18 PM

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5210/imag0062oc3.jpgYou'd like dance? You get dance with cars like to have fun race and win, not!

poor-sha
03-17-09, 04:23 PM
"I arrive. I see is possible. I go fast. I win" - Valentino Rossi

See y'all at Track Attack! I won't be bring the V though unless I can use it to tow the Z :)

Richie18
03-17-09, 05:08 PM
You'd like dance? You get dance with cars like to have fun race and win, not!

Sorry for the English error there, but what the hell did you say?

SRT8/BMW
03-17-09, 06:36 PM
Not stupid at all.

The Katech Track Attack is at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet IL on the May 09-10 weekend. Last year we had Ron Fellows and Andy Pilgrim attend and give people rides in the C6RS from Pratt & Miller. They also drove participants in their own cars which was awesome. It was predominantly filled with Z06's but I'd love to see a lot of V1's and V2's there this year. Of course any car that is safe is welcome. As you know Katech is the engine builder for the Chevrolet Racing Team.

This year Andy Pilgrim is returning again along with Johnny O'Connell. I will most likely be leading the classroom instruction again for the beginners who have never been on track before or have limited experience. It's an event for all skill levels and great camaraderie.

This is a great opportunity to discover what the CTS-V can do and learn how to drive the car safely with a lot of track time.

Here are a few pics from last year.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3104/2648446608_ed6510ca4e_o.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/painrace/Allwaveagain.jpg

All registrants must be approved before attending. Feel free to ask me any further questions or shoot me a PM.

You can register here:

http://store.katechengines.com/Product77

Mike

thanks--being in Detroit, that is do-able. I have some experience-monticello, chicagoland speedway and a local track. Have several cars that are track worthy. So I will PM you--would love to get some track time in the V!!

dvandentop
03-17-09, 07:43 PM
awesome mike congrats on the new ride!

MacOSR
03-17-09, 11:09 PM

Mike

How do you like the ZR1? I am looking to find one right now but my local dealer that has one coming in wants $30k over sticker. At that price I'll spring for an f430. I've never owned a vette and I am a little concerned about the build quality and reliability. The last GM vehicle I owned was a Gen1 CTS-V with way too many problems. What are your impressions so far?

FreddyG
03-17-09, 11:34 PM
Congrats on the Newest addition to your stable! That's a Very Nice looking combo that you've got there! :cheers:

Can Guys come into the Autobahn and just watch the races or do we have to be registered to get in? I live maybe 10 minutes from there and would Realllly enjoy to come out and watch some fast cars and some good driving!

SNAKEPLISSKEN
03-18-09, 12:07 AM
How do you like the ZR1? I am looking to find one right now but my local dealer that has one coming in wants $30k over sticker. At that price I'll spring for an f430. I've never owned a vette and I am a little concerned about the build quality and reliability. The last GM vehicle I owned was a Gen1 CTS-V with way too many problems. What are your impressions so far?

I also have a 09 ZR1 and the fit and finish on my ZR1 is the best I have seen from GM. The ZR1 will Destroy a F430 on any track. The ZR1 is also faster than a Ford GT. The ZR1 is the Best performance for the dollar of any car ever produced.

Richie18
03-18-09, 12:30 AM
I also have a 09 ZR1 and the fit and finish on my ZR1 is the best I have seen from GM. The ZR1 will Destroy a F430 on any track. The ZR1 is also faster than a Ford GT. The ZR1 is the Best performance for the dollar of any car ever produced.

With these high performance cars, driver skill is a much bigger factor into which is faster. :thumbsup:

Short-Throw
03-18-09, 12:33 AM

I instruct at the National Corvette Museum NPDE events. I have driven the ZR-1 at VIR, Putnam Park, Road America and Autobahn. I've driven 6 different ZR-1's to date. The car ceases to amaze me. I will be the first to admit the F430 is a beautiful car and if you want that moniker so be it, but performance wise, the ZR-1 is leaps and bounds better than it. This car pulls just as hard at scary speeds as the lower ones. Surprisingly, the ZR-1 is quite comfortable with it's MR suspension. Add in all the amenities and it's a no-brainer.

I can't refute any word here! :thumbsup:

Mike

Short-Throw
03-18-09, 12:40 AM
With these high performance cars, driver skill is a much bigger factor into which is faster. :thumbsup:

You are correct, but the GT is no match for the ZR-1. ....And I repeat I love the GT. We run every car imagine-able at Autobahn. I love all sports cars, just telling it like it is. You're welcome to come prove otherwise! :lildevil:

Mike

Short-Throw
03-18-09, 12:44 AM
Can Guys come into the Autobahn and just watch the races or do we have to be registered to get in? I live maybe 10 minutes from there and would Realllly enjoy to come out and watch some fast cars and some good driving!

For this particular event you'd have to register. PM your info and when the date gets closer I'll see if there's anything we can do. There are other events that would be easier to attend with the various car clubs.

Mike

MacOSR
03-18-09, 10:13 AM
I instruct at the National Corvette Museum NPDE events. I have driven the ZR-1 at VIR, Putnam Park, Road America and Autobahn. I've driven 6 different ZR-1's to date. The car ceases to amaze me. I will be the first to admit the F430 is a beautiful car and if you want that moniker so be it, but performance wise, the ZR-1 is leaps and bounds better than it. This car pulls just as hard at scary speeds as the lower ones. Surprisingly, the ZR-1 is quite comfortable with it's MR suspension. Add in all the amenities and it's a no-brainer.

I can't refute any word here! :thumbsup:

Mike

Thank you for the response. I may go rent one for a day and see how it drives in comparison to some other cars.

FreddyG
03-18-09, 01:05 PM
For this particular event you'd have to register. PM your info and when the date gets closer I'll see if there's anything we can do. There are other events that would be easier to attend with the various car clubs.

Mike

Thanks Mike! :cheers: I Really Appreciate that! PM coming your way!

I've been out to the Autobahn to watch some of the clubs and it's a blast, but the reason that I ask is that I'm a C5 owner and am Passionate about the C5R and C6R's (like the KILLER that's in your avatar :bows:).

Thanks again!

atdeneve
03-18-09, 01:22 PM
Mike

That's too bad.

I must be nothing less than the fine young gentleman my mother had always hoped I would be and offer to kindly take it off your hands, if I must.

I can forward you a suitable delivery address, if so convenient...

Short-Throw
03-18-09, 01:34 PM
That's too bad.

Nice catch................

:banghead:

The car NEVER ceases to amaze me.

OldRoadDawg
03-18-09, 02:19 PM
Mike -I was shocked by the similarity in what each of us have in our respective garages.
Why.... I have a blue ladder just like the one in the photo! :highfive:
(unfortunately that is the only similarity :crying2:)

Nice addition.... VERY nice!

CtsVrod
03-18-09, 02:26 PM
Nice catch................

:banghead:

The car NEVER ceases to amaze me.

:thumbsup:

Caught that earlier thought I was just having a Brain Fart.

Short-Throw
03-18-09, 02:28 PM
Mike -I was shocked by the similarity in what each of us have in our respective garages.
Why.... I have a blue ladder just like the one in the photo! :highfive:
(unfortunately that is the only similarity :crying2:)

Nice addition.... VERY nice!

Actually, that isn't my garage, it's the dealership new delivery stall.

I wish I owned a blue ladder like you, I only have a silver one and it's an older model.

Short-Throw
03-18-09, 02:29 PM
:thumbsup:

Caught that earlier thought I was just having a Brain Fart.

Nope that was me! :bonkers:

thebigjimsho
03-18-09, 10:24 PM
That's too bad.

I must be nothing less than the fine young gentleman my mother had always hoped I would be and offer to kindly take it off your hands, if I must.

I can forward you a suitable delivery address, if so convenient...
hahaha I was going to say, but you beat me to it...

814V
03-19-09, 01:45 AM
you sir are my idol..

jjsC6
03-19-09, 11:45 AM
Awesome! I'll have to go over to the Corvette forum and look for your post there........

Short-Throw
03-19-09, 01:44 PM
Awesome! I'll have to go over to the Corvette forum and look for your post there........

I haven't posted there............................................. .yet.

Luna.
03-19-09, 02:14 PM
:bows: You sir, ARE THE MAN.

You can say that again...

:drool2:

rutiger
03-19-09, 06:04 PM
meh, my garage has more hp. it just takes three to get it done :D very nice pair! and great color choices too.

JTHennessey
03-19-09, 08:29 PM
Awesome photo and congrats on owning both vehicles. I have had the pleasure of driving all 3 cars mentioned in this thread (CTS-V, ZR1 & Ford GT). All of them are very unique and great cars in their own way.

If you would like to see Mr. John Heinricy himself driving at MSR in Houston in our Modified 705hp Corvette ZR1, check out this video! Turn your speakers UP!!

YouTube - John Heinricy Tests the Hennessey ZR1 - Part 1

If there is anything I can help you out with, dont hesitate to ask.

Speak to you soon,
James

OldRoadDawg
03-20-09, 10:45 AM
If you would like to see Mr. John Heinricy himself driving at MSR in Houston in our Modified 705hp Corvette ZR1, check out this video! Turn your speakers UP!!

Interesting sequence on the Part 2 video around the 1:46 mark. Don't recommend trying this move at your next local track meet.
YouTube - John Heinricy Tests the Hennessey ZR1 - Part 2

JTHennessey
03-20-09, 11:10 AM
:) Mr Heinricy has a lot of track time, that is for sure!

Short-Throw
03-21-09, 04:45 PM
meh, my garage has more hp. it just takes three to get it done :D very nice pair! and great color choices too.

:thumbsup: What are you running?

thebigjimsho
03-21-09, 09:30 PM
Sorry for the English error there, but what the hell did you say?
To race with fun and win youd like but want make what maters is important to much.