: Pocket to replace CD changer?

rob_s
03-16-09, 01:33 PM
If I replace the head unit, and no longer need the CD changer (in my 2005 Escalade) is there a product that will just drop right in and replace the CD changer with a pocket/storage bin?

themadhatter
03-19-09, 12:21 AM
I'm subscribing to know if there is a commercially available product as well. I removed my radio and changer a few weeks ago and have the large empty spot now. Since the spot is mostly closed off, I throw things in there as if it were a finished pocket. I currently have the remote control for my DVD player and Valentine1 sitting in there for safe keeping.

rob_s
03-19-09, 05:19 PM
It seems to me like a Tahoe or a Suburban that comes without a changer would have a pocket there that we could swap in...

No idea how to look up something like that though.

ETA:

Here's a pic of the pocket in an '05 Tahoe

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/cars/tahoedash.jpg

Povich
03-21-09, 02:15 AM
I installed a universal pocket made by metra in mine but had to rig up my own mounting tabs with some scrap metal I had because ones supplied wouldnt work! But besides tht looks great and works well! Will post pix soon as possible along with kit #! Looks as if tht tahoe one should work as well!

Povich
03-23-09, 03:21 PM
Heres some pix of mine! Looks ok for now but eventually want to add the Pioneer 6 disc dvd changer to go with my Avic z1 in this spot! As far as kit number I cant recall and threw out package but sure it was a metra universal pocket tht I bought at the once circuit city!:thumbsup:

cajuncoonazz
06-11-09, 10:50 AM
any hits or ideas on a factory items, be it GMC, chevy or Caddy to factory finish the CD when removed?

Looking to add some aftermarket components to my sclade. Researching, if I find something I'll update...

Thanks
CCA