: Tire Sealer

P-Funk
03-16-09, 10:50 AM
Since the OEM tires are not runflats, I was wondering what compressor/sealer system comes with the 09 V?

wait4me
03-16-09, 11:03 AM
Just looks like a standard compact system that sits in the spare tire hole.

musclesbmf
03-16-09, 12:51 PM
The system is way better than what they used to give you in the C5 Z06's. This system actually injects the sealer and the air for you together through the compressor. But yes, it is just a small compact system as mentioned.

P-Funk
03-16-09, 05:05 PM
Any details on brand or anything? I just got non-runflats for my 06 V and don't have a spare so I figured that if I got the same system as on the 09 V, it should be safe for mine.

Thanks.

JEM
03-16-09, 07:34 PM
Any details on brand or anything? I just got non-runflats for my 06 V and don't have a spare so I figured that if I got the same system as on the 09 V, it should be safe for mine.

There's a picture somewhere on the board, IIRC it looks just like the ones BMW uses.

tedcmiller
03-19-09, 03:51 PM
The air pump unit has no brand on it as it also has an installation position for the sealer and the sealer canister itself has no brand name on it. Both the air pump and the sealer canister have GM part numbers, but that is all. The owner's manual indicates that the sealer will not negatively impact that TPS's installed in the wheels. Other posts in other forums have indicated that some types of sealer are not to be used with TPSs installed as they can clog up the TPS, rendering it inefective. Whether or not the sealer in the 2009 CTS-V is OK for use with TPSs in other cars (e.g., a 2006 CTS-V) remains to be seen.

P-Funk
03-19-09, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

tedcmiller
03-19-09, 07:35 PM
Just to add a little fuel to the fire, I personally prefer run-flats. If the car had run-flats as opposed to the non-run-flats I would be much happier. While run-flats are more expensive and don't ride as well as non-run-flats, not having to immediately stop and fiddle with the tire in possibly the dark, cold, and rain (not to mention poor surface conditions) is worth all of the other negative aspects of the run-flat.

This addition to this post will probably being out the nut cases with a lot of useless comments about increased angular momentum, etc. due to a couple of pounds of extra tire weight. As I have said before, I don't care. A perference for run-flat tires is a personal choice and lots of conversation about non-run-flats is a waste of time. Michelin has a ZP (run-flat, but not PAX) version of the rear tire for the 2009 CTS-V (285/35ZR19) available, but that is probably for the front of the Corvette. At the present time, there is no equivalent Michelin ZP for the front of the 2009 CTS-V (255/40ZR19).