: Clutch feels slow to re-engage

Skater
03-16-09, 09:01 AM
So this morning on the way to work, I stand on it to pass 4 cars and a transport. As I get to the top of 3rd, I clutch it and grab 4th. The clutch pedal feels slow to come back up - almost like there was no return pressure against my foot. I thought I felt this before when shifting out of 3rd or 4th at high RPM and this morning it was there again. Other than that car is performing like usual.

Does this sound familiar to anybody?

NormV
03-16-09, 09:19 AM
I think GM did this so drive train vibrations would not be felt by the driver. Mine does it too. Not sure of the root cause but dual mass clutch is heavy and just cannot respond to quick inputs.

In the C5 Corvette they changed the Z06 master cyclinder to flow more fluid. Guys with non-Z06 were drill the hole bigger for similar reasons as yours.

Norm

PISNUOFF
03-16-09, 09:26 AM
Sounds like you're at the beginning stages of losing your pedal at high rpms. Try flushing the clutch fluid with some Motul RBF600. If that doesn't work, you'll be on your way to replacing the pressure plate.

darkman
03-16-09, 10:18 AM
So this morning on the way to work, I stand on it to pass 4 cars and a transport. As I get to the top of 3rd, I clutch it and grab 4th. The clutch pedal feels slow to come back up - almost like there was no return pressure against my foot. I thought I felt this before when shifting out of 3rd or 4th at high RPM and this morning it was there again. Other than that car is performing like usual.

Does this sound familiar to anybody?

Sounds a little like this:

Skater
03-16-09, 07:32 PM
Thx for TSB Darkman! Now i just gotta find a Cadillac dealership that has service consultants that don't get an attitude when you are diagnosing problems for them. Local guy is an a-hole.