: lincoln veteran's first cadillac eldorado

soccer_eldorado
07-06-04, 07:38 PM
well, after a few older friends who had owned caddys before discouraged me from making the purchase of a caddy, I decided to find out for myself, not that I don't LOVE my 96 lincoln town car, but I was ready for a change, and I like having two vehicles at the same time, I went and paid only $5400 for a 96 eldorado and I absolutely love the vehicle, although I had to replace the a/c compressor and dryer for about $800 and get the oil sensor and sending unit replaced for around $200, which fixed the"stop engine, low oil pressure" which was very annoying, I just drove the vehicle from louisville, ky to minneapolis/st. paul, and it performed BEAUTIFULLY, I think the sensor replacement fixed that little bug, knock on wood. I have read that caddys don't have the reliablilty record that a town car does, but I still love it. The caddy definitely wins in the area of accelaration, but hte lincoln wins in the area of ride quality and the quietness of the engine, although I do love the throaty sound of the northstar beast of an engine. I've always named my lincolns so i came up with a name for my eldorado -- High Class Bitch, because when she gets cranky, it costs to make her happy again and also Vinnie (my black mafia looking lincoln) needed a broad next to him, he was getting lonely in the garage, look forward to getting to know my fellow cadillac owners, later Kyle

CADDYBLACK99
07-07-04, 11:42 AM
Welcome Kyle!
That's quite a story! Good luck with your new "girl"!
:welcome:
Paul

soccer_eldorado
07-07-04, 04:01 PM
so I see from your pic you have a 99 concours I'm assuming, how reliable is the deville in comparison with the eldorado, I'm considering purchasing a deville

BeelzeBob
07-07-04, 04:51 PM
Welcome aboard, Kyle! And thank you for signing up! Now just to let you know - the Lincoln Town Car is supposed to have a softer ride than the Eldorado.. And the Eldorado is supposed to perform better than the Town Car.. :) Do you have an ETC or a regular Eldorado? While they're both very strong cars, the regular Eldorado is a little stronger down low - while the ETC is a little stronger up top...

soccer_eldorado
07-07-04, 06:52 PM
hey, its the base eldorado, with crimson red exterior and parchment hides, I'm going to buy a deville in the next week or so because of my impression of the eldorado. As for the issue with Lincoln versus Cadillac, I know people that swear by usually one of the other however, I like the two equally as well, although my black towncar is extremely hot when left in the sun. By the way, how is your fleetwood, I hear they are quite similar to a towncar. later Kyle

CADDYBLACK99
07-07-04, 11:14 PM
I love my 99 Concours! 300hp with all the toys. Do your homework decide what Deville year you want, look around for a nice one with the right equipment, and buy it, you will be glad you did. Of course this means you will have to test drive a half dozen or so to wear out the sales guy, get him tired and thirsty...keep changing your mind...you know the drill! :lildevil:
Happy Hunting
Paul

tru504187211
07-08-04, 11:35 AM
wear out the sales guy, get him tired and thirsty...keep changing your mind...you know the drill! :lildevil:
Happy Hunting
Paul

I could tell the dealer was getting frustrated with me! He told me he only drives Caddies, so I started talking about Sixty Specials and his face got blank!

BeelzeBob
07-09-04, 01:46 PM
hey, its the base eldorado, with crimson red exterior and parchment hides, I'm going to buy a deville in the next week or so because of my impression of the eldorado. As for the issue with Lincoln versus Cadillac, I know people that swear by usually one of the other however, I like the two equally as well, although my black towncar is extremely hot when left in the sun. By the way, how is your fleetwood, I hear they are quite similar to a towncar. later Kyle

The Fleetwood is really great. I have a 95 Brougham and yes, it is very similar to the Town Car. In fact, I took a test drive of a 2004 Lincoln Town Car Cartier a couple of days ago - and it drives the same as my Fleetwood. If you're looking for a DeVille but want something similar to your Town Car, go for a Fleetwood Brougham! Anywhere from 93-96 is similar to what I've got. 93 isn't as powerful as the later models - but otherwise, they're basically the same.. The Brougham has softer seats...