: $10 brushed solid aluminum shift knob, you bet!

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-15-09, 12:16 PM
http://richmondperformancemusclecars.com/photos/mm/images/29764/800x800.aspx

the threads werent an exact match, not sure whats up with that should be m16*1.75 right? i know the threads on my B&m shifter are jacked up.

only thing i used additionally was a washer to support the boot below the start of the knob.

atdeneve
03-15-09, 01:01 PM
That makes me uncomfortable, mommy.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-15-09, 01:17 PM
are you referring to the shape? did you have some trauma as a child?

The Tony Show
03-15-09, 03:14 PM
Enjoy that on your first hot and sunny day. I once grabbed the metal Hurst shifter in a Firebird on a sunny day in Florida, and I thought I was going to pull my hand away to see HURST scorched into my flesh like the guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

TaVern
03-15-09, 03:20 PM
looks like a dildo.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-15-09, 03:22 PM
i will report any medical issues, if anything it could be considered a baby-handed theif deterrent.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-15-09, 03:25 PM
looks like a shifter handle to me? whats on ur mind

AlmostAV
03-15-09, 03:40 PM
not sure why theres so many phallic comments.....

looks good, but living in Florida, that thing would get too hot.

CTSV_510
03-15-09, 05:18 PM
How heavy is it compared to stock? I'm loving the extra weight of the gto knob that I just installed. It really compliments the awesomeness of the B&M.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-15-09, 05:23 PM
i dont have a stock knob to compare but it feels about the same maybe a bit heavier than the hurst knob on my trans am. much heavier than the delrin lg motorsport knob it replaced.

shadybx7
03-15-09, 05:26 PM
The brushed Al Looks good... So are you producing these? I don't get the comments you made after the posted pic

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-15-09, 07:33 PM
i figure if i posted a link the thread would get locked since its not from a sponsor, not me making them

CTSV_510
03-15-09, 08:05 PM
i figure if i posted a link the thread would get locked since its not from a sponsor, not me making them

I'm pretty sure it's OK to post the info on where to buy. People do it all the time, it's just when you are personally selling a bunch of stuff or if someone is coordinating a group buy that there has to be a vendor involved.

I may be wrong, but this forum is for helping eachother, not keeping secrets.

If I'm wrong a moderator will surely correct me, but you're not selling anything, this isn't a group buy, and you aren't promoting a business, you're just telling people where they can find a new mod!

-Selling of individual items is permissible by a private owner only in our Classifieds section, however selling multiple items of the same product is considered a commercial post and may be removed at the discretion of moderators and/or staff.

-Commercial solicitations may be posted in the forum they most apply to as long as the company conducting the group buy is a supporting vendor at cadillacforums.com.

-Messages promoting a commercial entity that is not a supporting vendor of cadillacforums.com may be deleted at any time at the discretion of cadillacforums.com moderators and administrators.

TaVern
03-15-09, 08:11 PM
Is this a "feeler" thread or are you looking to sell?

I would suggest you become an authorized vendor, then sell the product here.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-15-09, 09:14 PM
see thats exactly what i'm talking about. NO to the above.. geez.

Oleksakjr
03-15-09, 09:20 PM
A "feeler" thread about a dildo shift knob... :histeric::histeric::histeric:HAHA I had too!!!

Sorry, I'm sorry back to being grown up

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-15-09, 09:26 PM
i am getting the feeling some people paid waay too much for their shifter handles ;)

TaVern
03-15-09, 09:31 PM
see thats exactly what i'm talking about. NO to the above.. geez.

Fair enough. Then what is the purpose of your thread?

The Tony Show
03-15-09, 09:34 PM
The day has finally arrived where people are putting Jeg's universal parts on CTS-Vs. I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-15-09, 09:34 PM
no offense but are you lost man?
in summary:
i found a nice interior matching shifter handle for our cars for ten bux.. and put up a pic of it installed and that i like it.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-15-09, 09:36 PM
The day has finally arrived where people are putting Jeg's universal parts on CTS-Vs. I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later.

technically jegs lists 21 products for the cts-v :)

ctsv154
03-15-09, 09:37 PM
hmmm

TaVern
03-15-09, 09:40 PM
This is the part I have an issue with:

pm for wtb or rhymes with eggs

If you are showing this off, fine. If you are looking to sell these things, become an authorized vendor.

That's all I'm saying.

TaVern
03-15-09, 09:41 PM
hmmm

No, no, no. It's "hmm..."

ctsv154
03-15-09, 09:44 PM
oh okay

hmm...

The Tony Show
03-15-09, 09:48 PM
technically jegs lists 21 products for the cts-v :)

It's all good, buddy-it's your car. I just remember the days around here when the only people making parts for these cars were Mallett, Lingenfelter, UUC and other high end performance companies.

Never thought I'd see CTS-V stuff in Jegs. I guess CTS-V parts will be showing up opposite the plastic truck bedliners in JC Whitney pretty soon. :lol:

VforMe
03-15-09, 10:02 PM
This is the part I have an issue with:

If you are showing this off, fine. If you are looking to sell these things, become an authorized vendor.

That's all I'm saying.

You don't have an issue. You don't own the site and you're not a moderator. Why don't you just PM one of the moderators instead of trying to be some freelance forum cop. He said he wasn't trying to sell them. You should just apologize and move on.

TaVern
03-15-09, 10:11 PM
You don't have an issue. You don't own the site and you're not a moderator. Why don't you just PM one of the moderators instead of trying to be some freelance forum cop. He said he wasn't trying to sell them. You should just apologize and move on.

I look out for the paying vendors here. The supporting vendors that pay the site owner and help the forum for the privilege to sell their products here.

If MM is looking to sell something here, then he should become an authorized vendor. If not, no big deal. I don't need the site owner or a moderator to explain that.

VforMe
03-15-09, 10:22 PM
I look out for the paying vendors here. The supporting vendors that pay the site owner and help the forum for the privilege to sell their products here.

If MM is looking to sell something here, then he should become an authorized vendor. If not, no big deal. I don't need the site owner or a moderator to explain that.

That's not your place here. The guy was just trying to show off his new knob and tell everyone he got it from Jegs. And after he tells you he's not trying to sell them you still have to poke a little more instead of just saying "my bad".

CTS-Voodoo
03-15-09, 10:25 PM
heres a 35 dollar one from WCC ;)

http://www.happypestcontrol.com/webextras/ctsv/ctsv-rear-build/100_0609.jpg

TaVern
03-15-09, 10:46 PM
That's not your place here. The guy was just trying to show off his new knob and tell everyone he got it from Jegs. And after he tells you he's not trying to sell them you still have to poke a little more instead of just saying "my bad".

If he's just showing off his new shifter, then absolutely yes: My bad.

If he's trying to sell them, he should should follow the path of other authorized vendors. Again, that's all I'm saying :)

Oleksakjr
03-15-09, 10:58 PM
You guys are all fighting over an aluminum dildo, buncha homos

TaVern
03-15-09, 10:59 PM
I only fight for swayde.

VforMe
03-15-09, 11:05 PM
You guys are all fighting over an aluminum dildo, buncha homos

No, this is a dildo shifter.....

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb98/sbr62979/1274620014_07e47d006a.jpg

Although a Swayde dildo shifter would be interesting

TaVern
03-15-09, 11:07 PM
Swayde dildo shifters FTW!!!

Jesda
03-15-09, 11:22 PM
No, this is a dildo shifter.....

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb98/sbr62979/1274620014_07e47d006a.jpg

Although a Swayde dildo shifter would be interesting

That's... real????

VforMe
03-15-09, 11:53 PM
That's... real????

Got it off one of the nissan forums. Who knew the ricers were queers?

CTSV_510
03-16-09, 12:18 AM
Did inspector gadget arrive in this thread? :thememusic:

I don't know why anyone is getting all :bouncer: Quit yo bitchin'

Oleksakjr
03-16-09, 02:21 AM
That's... real????

Haha thats the same thing I thought, couldnt believe it myself, awesome

945liter
03-16-09, 09:17 AM
Did inspector gadget arrive in this thread? :thememusic:

I don't know why anyone is getting all :bouncer: Quit yo bitchin'

Some people can't appreciate nice cheaper mods that works, i would buy everything mighty made so far if he sold it. I guess people forget its a 16k car now nothing special it will rattle and shake like any other GM product.

Jesda
03-16-09, 12:52 PM
Got it off one of the nissan forums. Who knew the ricers were queers?

Now I recognize the door panel. Its a 240SX.

Had a convertible one last year.

CTSV_Rob
03-16-09, 01:06 PM
Some people can't appreciate nice cheaper mods that works, i would buy everything mighty made so far if he sold it. I guess people forget its a 16k car now nothing special it will rattle and shake like any other GM product.

Brutal.

I used to put cheap crap on my cars but I don't anymore. Even if I was driving around a POS Honda I would still put quality parts on it and if it cost a little extra I'm OK with it. Just because the value of the car has dropped doesn't mean I like the car less.

I have a UUC shifter on mine and yes it did cost more than $10. The thing is it has the shift pattern milled (not engraved) into the top (Looks cool) and the o-rings actually save you on the hot days. The other thing is it's made out of stainless so the oils in your hands will not attack it. Also, since it's made from SST it is a bit heavier and actually helps with the shifting. My shifts are smooth now that the trans is broken in and with the additional weight.

Doing it on the cheap is OK but I sure like this UUC shifter.

BTW, Drove the car for the first time in 2 weeks, what a fun car.

CTSV_Rob
03-16-09, 01:14 PM
Tell the truth Jesda, That's in your car huh?

945liter
03-16-09, 02:04 PM
A shifter is a little different, we're talking about a Knob here lol.

KaMaSuTrA
03-16-09, 04:31 PM
Its fine till it breaks off....then your in for some fun. I've known guys that have bought chippy choppy short throws and screw on knobs that all came apart in the worst possible time.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-16-09, 05:23 PM

thanks very much man.. appreciated

----
its a solid aluminum knob, brushed finish, and its clearcoated

summa you guys crack me up.

the lg motorsport knob is plastic, but since its $80 it must be thuper duper riight?

yes i run only cheap crappy parts on my cars as standard practice
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8-second-17-tires-MM_201441.htm

VforMe
03-16-09, 05:55 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8-second-17-tires-MM_201441.htm

Thats a cool video, but I wouldn't plan on pulling anything like that with the V.

You made that SRT look like a turtle..lol

ccextra1976
03-16-09, 06:21 PM
a metal shifter knob dildo in the summer....now that would make some hot P u $ $ y:histeric:

CTSV_Rob
03-16-09, 06:34 PM
A shifter is a little different, we're talking about a Knob here lol.
:yawn:

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-16-09, 06:52 PM
Thats a cool video, but I wouldn't plan on pulling anything like that with the V.

You made that SRT look like a turtle..lol

nah, 12 second pass out of the v is plenty, its my look good, ride good, fun to drive, get pu$$y mobile... hence the shift knob right?

VforMe
03-16-09, 07:38 PM
get pu$ mobile...

You should've gone with the swayde dildo knob.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-16-09, 11:01 PM
You should've gone with the swayde dildo knob.

no, we went over this, i want it to burn skin...

VforMe
03-16-09, 11:06 PM
:rofl:

ccextra1976
03-16-09, 11:10 PM
no, we went over this, i want it to burn skin...

by the way...I do like the shifter knob...i bet it feels about the same as the UUC knob..which is metal too...just a little leather wrap in the middle

945liter
03-17-09, 09:40 AM
So when you making me nivomatt and wheel hop fixes :P

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-17-09, 05:32 PM
be happy to send you the files on the freebie but as has gone over about a million times above i am not a sponsor (not that i am selling them either)

CTSV_Rob
03-17-09, 10:39 PM
You don't need to be an authorized vendor to support the forum. Problem is 2 months would cost you what you paid for the knob.

cobra29svt
03-18-09, 01:38 AM
You don't need to be an authorized vendor to support the forum. Problem is 2 months would cost you what you paid for the knob.

You don't think his threads support the forum? Geez, I have never seen a forum w/ members that feel the need to push the "supporting member" issue like some of you guys do. Some of you must think it costs a ton of money to run a forum. :bigroll:

Yeah, I know all the "forum cops" are gonna flame me for this post. I'd expect nothing less from them.

TaVern
03-18-09, 01:50 AM
You don't think his threads support the forum?

How is his thread of a $10 dildo shifter, that can easily be found elsewhere, be possibly "supporting" this forum?

cobra29svt
03-18-09, 02:42 AM
How is his thread of a $10 dildo shifter, that can easily be found elsewhere, be possibly "supporting" this forum?

Well this isn't the exact thread(s) I was talking about but since you asked.....
Is a supporting vendor going to pay to advertise on a site w/ no traffic? Him being here and active (along w/ everyone else) helps support the site. Plain and simple.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-18-09, 05:32 PM
i need to pay this site money for my opinion to be valued? oh here we go!

maybe giving my nivomat brackets or cradle spacer designs out to i dunno 50 members here is supporting? or maybe i should just pay and spam.

CTSV_Rob
03-18-09, 07:09 PM
You don't think his threads support the forum? Geez, I have never seen a forum w/ members that feel the need to push the "supporting member" issue like some of you guys do. Some of you must think it costs a ton of money to run a forum. :bigroll:

Yeah, I know all the "forum cops" are gonna flame me for this post. I'd expect nothing less from them.
I have contributed to the forum as well but I still pay my dues.

Looks like you are "supporting" a little guilt because you are not. You could have chosen to ignore this post but I'm guessing it does bother you.

SkullV
03-18-09, 07:11 PM
You guys really need to cut this crap out. This guy has already helped out more then 90% of the supporting members on here. If he feels he needs to support he will, if he doesn't then he wont pay. If you give this treatment to every new guy who doesn't support the forum, then there will be no new guys to support in the future.

MIGHTYMOUSE
03-18-09, 10:37 PM
You guys really need to cut this crap out. This guy has already helped out more then 90% of the supporting members on here. If he feels he needs to support he will, if he doesn't then he wont pay. If you give this treatment to every new guy who doesn't support the forum, then there will be no new guys to support in the future.

thanks man

i cant wait to see what blow out becomes of my next contribution.. can we say 5 lug conversion under $200? :stirpot:

ccextra1976
03-18-09, 11:20 PM

he shoots he scores!

he has offered everything he has spent plenty of money on (R&D) for free...i would say he is "paid up"

cobra29svt
03-19-09, 02:21 AM
I have contributed to the forum as well but I still pay my dues.

Looks like you are "supporting" a little guilt because you are not. You could have chosen to ignore this post but I'm guessing it does bother you.

:crying2: You got me good! You could have ignored my post just the same.
It is a donation...not dues. The site is free to use. Becoming a "supporting member" is an option. Some of you act like you get a comission or something from the dues. Give it a rest already.

BTW, I was a supporting member but I didn't renew it. Figured I'd rather hear some of you whine like I'm stealing money or something.

Jesda
03-19-09, 05:36 AM
If you believe someone is advertising, report the post. No need to drag it out like a soap opera.