: order or purchase one in stock??

bpospo
03-15-09, 10:05 AM
hey guys been waiting to bit the bullet and purchase a cts-v but was wundering why peopel are ordering their car and not getting one from a dealership that has one in stock? also what options are people ordering I know the recaro's are on the top of the list but what else is everyone getting?

neuronbob
03-15-09, 10:15 AM
I'm planning on an automatic with nav and Ultraview. The regular seats feel fine to me. Planning to order shortly. If I can find one in stock, all the better, but I'm ready to order if I have to.

Cadillac Tony
03-15-09, 12:25 PM
Anonfrank,

I have two Thunder Grays with Nav, Ultraview, Polished Wheels and standard seats in stock, ready to be picked up. Give me a call if I can help.

OldDrummer55
03-15-09, 12:57 PM
hey guys been waiting to bit the bullet and purchase a cts-v but was wundering why peopel are ordering their car and not getting one from a dealership that has one in stock? also what options are people ordering I know the recaro's are on the top of the list but what else is everyone getting?

I ordered mine primarily to keep the price down. I'm an inherent cheap ba$tard, not a rich doctor or attorney who can plunk MSRP or more down without batting an eye (no disrespect meant to those who have the cash!). So I chose those options that I wanted: Recaros. Then the negotiations started with Da Little Woman and I ended up with Recaros (for me), and auto trans and sun roof to keep the peace with the wife.

Logically, dealers tend to order cars with most options, so they can make the most profit. Understandable. The downside to you ordering is if you're not going through Scott or Tony (large allocations from GM), you may end up waiting quite a while for the car to be "pulled for production" from the computer and built. If Tony or Scott can get you the car you want AND you have the time and money to travel to pick it up, go with them. My two cents...

JFJr
03-15-09, 04:27 PM
I know the recaro's are on the top of the list but what else is everyone getting?

If you like driving a superb manual transmission, the combination of the TR-6060 and the Recaros is close to heaven. But you will have a hard time finding those cars in inventory, so order and wait.

ericpd
03-15-09, 05:50 PM
If you like driving a superb manual transmission, the combination of the TR-6060 and the Recaros is close to heaven. But you will have a hard time finding those cars in inventory, so order and wait.

Well I guess I was lucky. The one I landed on was already in stock, and from what the salesperson said, had been there for a while. And after reading around in here, it's pretty much the version everyone ends up looking for: Black Raven, Light Titanium, manual 6 speed, Recaros, ultraview, upgraded Bose, Nav. According to them, the only thing missing was the engine block heater. Oh wait, they said that the performance option was not available (upgraded brakes and diff cooler).

I always thought picking one in stock was cheaper than ordering one, especially since I got away with my V for just a little north of 58. Based on what I researched, that was about the base price. Did I miss something? Oh,... and I agree 100% on the selection of transmissions. That TR-6060 is smooth as silk.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/285161-thoughts-c63-vs-cts-v.html

neuronbob
03-15-09, 07:14 PM
Anonfrank,

I have two Thunder Grays with Nav, Ultraview, Polished Wheels and standard seats in stock, ready to be picked up. Give me a call if I can help.

Considering this, Thunder Gray is one of my potential color choices. Thanks, Tony!

//ZZ//
03-15-09, 07:33 PM
I had placed an order in December, but due to constraints and my small town dealership, it still had not gone into production. My dealer then went out and found one very similar to what I had wanted (except with the addition of the sunroof). He had it shipped here, no strings attached, said it was mine if I wanted it, did not let anyone drive it or even sit in it until I saw it first (I was in Arizona for meetings that first week it was here).

I paid $4500 under MSRP. I likely could have gotten a better deal from one of our supporting dealers, but it was important to me to purchase from my local dealership. I'm in a small town, and all these people are my friends and my neighbors, and many have supported me in my profession when they could have went elsewhere. This is where I'll be taking it for service as well. I try to support my local businesses whenever possible. My dealer has done me right for many years and many cars, he deserves and has my respect and loyalty. Sometimes that's worth a little extra, at least to me it is.

Had my situation been different, I would have spoken with Scott or Tony and purchased through one of them.

As for options, I wanted the auto, recaros, nav, sueded option. This one came with the sunroof, I had not ordered that option, but my wife really likes it so it worked out just fine afterall.

Hope you find the V your looking for bpospo.

bpospo
03-15-09, 08:25 PM
ok the reason i'm aksing these questions is that the one here at my local dealership is black with black interior which i am ok with but it does not have the recaro seats which i want. but does anyone know can the performance pack be ordered know???

neuronbob
03-15-09, 08:26 PM
I know you are replying to bpospo, but I agree with you. My situation is that this is my first GM product ever (and my first American purchase in ten years, am a mostly Honda/Acura guy with a couple of Mopars thrown in) so I don't have the same dealer relationships as you. If I did, I'd be more likely to purchase locally. I have many, many, MANY patients who are GM employees and retirees and I'm just happy that GM made something that I'm interested in, and that my purchase will ultimately benefit them. :thumbsup: In fact, the purchase ultimately benefits me in the end in that my doing so will allow these folks to continue to see me and allow me to pay for a V2! :)