: if you now own a V2, and used to have a STSV....

jwall09
03-15-09, 02:22 AM
If i upgraded my STSV intake, exhaust and tune it, could it be comparable to a stock V2? I like the bigger STS (i have a child which made me switch from 05 CTSV) and i also like not buying that expensive of a car again.

Thanks for any replies.

darjae
03-15-09, 02:32 AM
If i upgraded my STSV intake, exhaust and tune it, could it be comparable to a stock V2? I like the bigger STS (i have a child which made me switch from 05 CTSV) and i also like not buying that expensive of a car again.

Thanks for any replies.

Sorry, but in short, no. some may be able to tell you why! sorry....

CIWS
03-15-09, 10:44 AM
Exhaust will gain basically nothing, intake and tune may get you a bit over 400 at the wheels, so no you'll still not be where a stock V2 is at the wheels.

GM-4-LIFE
03-16-09, 11:25 AM
I also have to say no.

I had a 2007 STS-V with the D3 Stage I cold air intake, D3 Stage II supercharger piping, D3 Torquemaster spark plugs and a full complete dyno tune and my stock 2009 CTS-V is still much quicker!

After the mods and the dyno tune, I ONLY ended up at 392 RWHP! I haven't done a baseline dyno test on my 09 V, but I would venture to say it should put down close to 470 RWHP.

SG

SRT8/BMW
03-16-09, 11:48 AM
having owned an sts-v and now an 09 cts-v--I would say your are looking at it all wrong.

The sts-v is a GREAT car--a family sedan that (with a tune--and the substantial factory detuning removed) will pull right on to the track and run a 12.7 or a 12.8, and even stock a 13.1-13.2. Wow--thats a badazz car and loooks great too. The handling is very good as well.

But the CTS-V is in its own class. even stock, it is so much more powerful and the handling is in the "as good as there is" class for any sedan int the WORLD. This is the biggest difference to me--the things you can do with the V2 in the twisties--it defies physics. Whereas the STS-V was decent there--but not even best in class. My srt8s would easily out handle the sts-v in the twisties, but they are NO MATCH for the V2.

with your mods you will be driving one of the fastest and nicest full size family sedans there are--nothing wrong with that.

Kadonny
03-16-09, 01:15 PM
Agree with the others. It's a no contest. This V2 hugs the road like no other....and acceleration? Forget about it.

Florian
03-17-09, 10:23 AM
theres no replacement for displacement......

F