: Please offer pricing advice

RBarrett
03-14-09, 11:57 PM
I have joined this forum knowing my next car will be a CTS-V. Today I looked at 2 local cars. 1st was a 2005 black/black certified with 1715 miles. It had been in storage for 3 years. Absolutely flawless. Dealer wanted $29,900, I offered $26,100. They said no and I am wondering if I should sweeten the pot. 2nd was a 2007 with 20,000 miles. grey/black, not certified but can be for $1100. Dealer wants $28,995, I offered $27,500. Since all of you have loads of experience with these cars please offer you opinions on pricing. I prefer the black/black, but from this forum it seems rear differential issue is common in 2005, but fixed in 2007. I would likely drive the car 3-4 years and it is unlikely I would hit the 100,000 miles before the 5 years is up. I look forward to continuing to learn more and more about the CTS-V from what seems like a great forum. Awaiting your input so I can buy a car this week....

heavymetals
03-15-09, 12:04 AM
Sounds high given the state of the economy.

VforMe
03-15-09, 12:12 AM
I agree, both of those sound high to me. I would go with the 07 though. I would be leery about a car that has sat up for three years. Cars aren't meant to just sit around in storage.

OldRoadDawg
03-15-09, 12:50 AM
I would be leery about a car that has sat up for three years. Cars aren't meant to just sit around in storage.
Agreed. I'd have to know a lot more about 'how' it was stored for 3 yrs.

It's actually pretty cool to find one with such low mileage, but these cars are many years away from ever being collector cars (if ever).
In the real world an '05 just won't draw the kind of money they are asking.

And if your worst nightmare came true and the car got totaled shortly after purchase . . .
I doubt any insurance company's payoff would ever come up to the price they are asking for it.

I don't know what '07s are going for, but their asking price sounds high.

thebigjimsho
03-15-09, 01:56 AM
with the '07, you'll know you'll have the newer design diff...

UnsafeAtAnySpd
03-15-09, 08:38 AM
If you're willing to consider higher mileage you could pick one up for over ten grand less than those. Think of the mods you could do with any extra ten grand. :)

ATLDon
03-15-09, 09:04 PM
If you're willing to consider higher mileage you could pick one up for over ten grand less than those. Think of the mods you could do with any extra ten grand. :)

Maggie, heads, cam, exhaust w/headers for statrers, maby $300 left for shifter and a 12 pack:welcome: