: Know what scares me about this car????

Dick's06Vee
03-14-09, 11:46 PM
Well, today's temps were in the low 50's and I now have 600 miles on the car, soooo, I built some heat in the tires and then did some shift light runs in 1-4th. No hole shots though. Unbelievable how strong this car pulls. For those of you that have let the ponies out you know how it pulls like a freight train from 1-100. What really scared me was that it pulls just as strong from 100-152!!! I've owned some strong stuff over the years, but nothing...and I mean nothing, comes close to pulling like this car does at higher speeds! And the sound of the supercharged when it boosted up is intoxicating! GM claims a top speed of 191 with the manual (not speed limited at 175 like the AT). I saw nothing tonight that makes me doubt their claim. Dick

PS: The usual disclaimer.......(closed course, professional driver, don't try this at home...yada, yada, yada !!)

ericpd
03-15-09, 12:14 AM
Well, today's temps were in the low 50's and I now have 600 miles on the car, soooo, I built some heat in the tires and then did some shift light runs in 1-4th. No hole shots though. Unbelievable how strong this car pulls. For those of you that have let the ponies out you know how it pulls like a freight train from 1-100. What really scared me was that it pulls just as strong from 100-152!!! I've owned some strong stuff over the years, but nothing...and I mean nothing, comes close to pulling like this car does at higher speeds! And the sound of the supercharged when it boosted up is intoxicating! GM claims a top speed of 191 with the manual (not speed limited at 175 like the AT). I saw nothing tonight that makes me doubt their claim. Dick

PS: The usual disclaimer.......(closed course, professional driver, don't try this at home...yada, yada, yada !!)

Well,... sounds like I have something to look forward to. Only 354 miles for me, soooo I gotta wait a little longer to really challenge the V yet. But I hear ya on the pull part, the torque in these things are unbelievable. Although I get more sonic pleasure out of the Super Charger under the hood of my C32 AMG. When I researching the V, I read somewhere that they designed an extra lobe into the SC to quiet it down a little. Why on earth would they do that I thought to myself.

CVP33
03-15-09, 11:17 AM
Yeah, but it's a good scared. :thumbsup:

mr.algaz
03-15-09, 11:29 AM
Well, me neither i can't wait to try this. I have 480 miles on it and i am waiting for the break-in. My friend back at Dubai tried flooring it from 0-200kmh which is 120mph but without looking at the speedometer he was almost at 170mph and he freaked out on how fast does this car pull.

JFJr
03-15-09, 04:21 PM
For those of you that have let the ponies out you know how it pulls like a freight train from 1-100.

No kidding! I was on a twisty back country road a month ago and realized very quickly that I needed to be satisfied with high rpm blasts in the lower gears for brief periods, because if I spent more than a few seconds with my foot to the floor, in any gear, I was in triple digit speeds way too quick. I hope that I have a chance to meet John Heinricy some day and buy him a few drinks.

ericpd
03-15-09, 06:59 PM
No kidding! I was on a twisty back country road a month ago and realized very quickly that I needed to be satisfied with high rpm blasts in the lower gears for brief periods, because if I spent more than a few seconds with my foot to the floor, in any gear, I was in triple digit speeds way too quick. I hope that I have a chance to meet John Heinricy some day and buy him a few drinks.

Yeah, from what I've been reading, he's pretty much Lord of the Ring now. But what I didni't know is that his V of choice is the automatic. Thought that was pretty unusual.

Quck question: Are any of you guys having trouble with you XM traffic and weather access. Guess I gotta find the time to make a visit to the dealership. The radio part is fine. I'm suppose to 3 months included with the purchase fo the car.

concorso
03-15-09, 07:27 PM
Yeah, from what I've been reading, he's pretty much Lord of the Ring now. But what I didni't know is that his V of choice is the automatic. Thought that was pretty unusual.
Nah, he's just a prince. Sabine Schmidt is the Queen Bee. :)
It's my understanding that he had been driving the auto alot, so it made sense to test that version on the 'ring, instead of the manual which he wasnt as familiar with. The auto shifted when he wanted it to, anyhow, so there were no quick and easy gains to be had by testing the manual...

Hawkeye2
03-15-09, 09:36 PM
Lansing eh? I'm waiting on mine in Windsor, Ontario. We should try to meet up somewhere after I
get a few miles on mine.

Enjoy the ride, and use it safely.

JFJr
03-15-09, 09:53 PM
Are any of you guys having trouble with you XM traffic and weather access. Guess I gotta find the time to make a visit to the dealership. The radio part is fine. I'm suppose to 3 months included with the purchase fo the car.

No troubles so far. As a matter of fact it steered me around a close-off of I-95 going north to Jacksonville, FL, because of a serious accident. I was not in a hurry so I thought that I would test the technology, Of course, it only works in certain metropolitan areas (weather and traffic) and if the current information in the computer is correct. This can only get better in time. Another related issue is "big brother," but that is another subject.

thebigjimsho
03-16-09, 05:57 PM
I wonder if lowering the V will cut down drag and get you an extra couple mph...

Krug Ford
03-16-09, 07:32 PM
The fastest I have had one is 160 on a track...

thebigjimsho
03-16-09, 11:13 PM
which track? and who broak teh internetz?