: Stalling when wet

krame36
03-14-09, 11:30 PM
Hello, I am actually having two issues right now, and I am not sure if they are related. I drive a '98 SLS and it has been stalling when it rains. I also just pulled a P1652 code off of it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help.

chubbyranger
03-15-09, 10:02 AM
P1652 - Powertrain Induced Chassis Pitch Output Circuit :hmm: Probably not related. Clear it and see if it returns. Wet stalling is most likely spark plug wires and/or coil packs. Open the hood and mist some water from a spray bottle in the engine bay at night. The results of that test should point you to the problem.

krame36
03-15-09, 11:46 AM
I actually replaced all of the spark plugs and wires at the end of last summer thinking that was the issue, but during our last rain storm here it stalled twice again...any other pointers?

Submariner409
03-15-09, 01:00 PM
Check your plug wiring against the diagrams and check the coil towers for excess dust, oil, or carbon tracks. Even a small amount of humidity in a loose or tracked coil tower will cause a miss.

Has anything been done to the engine air intake system that would allow excess moisture into the throttlebody or manifold ?

chubbyranger
03-16-09, 07:55 PM
:yeah: Coil pack(s) would be next on my list.