: CTS-V New Guy

//ZZ//
03-14-09, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone, saying hello after lurking in the V Forum awhile.

I picked my new CTS-V up 2-21-2009.

Black Raven Exterior
Ebony Interior
6-spd Automatic
Recaro Seats
Navigation System
Ultraview Sunroof
Sueded Steering Wheel/Shifter

I paid $4500 under MSRP from my local dealer. I'm sure I could have paid a bit less, but he is a friend and it was important to me to purchase locally. He had been unable to get an order in and build date for me since being requested last December, I assume because it's a small town dealership. He found this one for me instead. This was as I had requested, except with the addition of the sunroof and lacking the polished wheels.

Some of my thoughts so far:

Wonderful car! I'm quite impressed after the first 1800 miles. Very impressed with the quality fit and finish. My wife loves the car, more than her STS, that's a big plus.

I've had it up over 150 a few times and its wonderfully smooth. I am not one to baby my cars, I buy them to drive. I drive them pretty hard, but I take very good care of them. It gets dirty, I wash it. Faithfully keep up with maintenance and any issues. I put over 4000mi/mo on my cars.

I live in the northland, and definitely need to purchase some winter tires for next year. I live in a hilly region, and struggled through a 1-2 inch snow I wasn't expecting, it was not a pretty site.

I would have loved to see it come with the option of HUD, I have become so accustomed to it in my vette that I miss it a bit. Not a problem with the large speed display in the DIC though, so I am sure I'll get used to it quickly.

It could use 100hp more. That is easily remedied though. My wife thinks its plenty fast, but I'm used to a supercharged 427 vette. Not that I'd expect the V to have 850+hp like my vette or run with it, but just a bit more would be nice. I'm watching the vendors' posts enthusiastically.

I don't really like the windshield washer nozzles on the hood, it leaves post-ejaculate washer splooge on my hood. I'd rather they be in the wiper.

I have been fortunate not to have any issues come up so far that others have mentioned on the forum; such as throttle control, shift module, warning lights, alignment issues, vibration, squeaks/rattles, etc. I'm hoping the paint is of higher quality than my vette.

Here are a few pics, nothing special, it's still winter here. I'll get some nice ones this spring/summer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/ZZrider/CTS-V/100_1293smallversion.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/ZZrider/CTS-V/100_1308smallversion.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/ZZrider/CTS-V/100_1295smallversion.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/ZZrider/CTS-V/100_1306smallversion.jpg

:wave:

neuronbob
03-14-09, 09:21 PM
Nice! The V always looks good in black.

Hawkeye2
03-14-09, 09:45 PM
Sweeeet!

ericpd
03-14-09, 10:02 PM
Very nice. Almost identical to mine,... I got the Light Titanium interior! Picked mine up about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Tough and last minute decision for me,... I was originally eyeballing a C63 AMG. So far, I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the Caddy. I also got ex-communicated from the C63 forum. I sorta felt like Chuck Conners after they broke his saber in half. Kinda funny how they ran me outta town.

Good luck and be safe,... but drive it like you stole it!

OldDrummer55
03-14-09, 11:32 PM
Beautiful car! Mine will look identical to yours, but I didn't order the Nav or suede. Are you in OR?

Richie18
03-15-09, 09:53 AM
The PS2 tires are terrible in anything below 40F, be sure to not drive the car in those conditions as it would be pretty dangerous, they turn into hockey pucks.

OldDrummer55
03-15-09, 12:05 PM
How do you mount that red snow plow on your V2?;)

OldDrummer55
03-15-09, 12:08 PM
I also got ex-communicated from the C63 forum. I sorta felt like Chuck Conners after they broke his saber in half. Kinda funny how they ran me outta town.

Did those Teutonic snobs cut the buttons off your tunic too! ;)

//ZZ//
03-15-09, 05:44 PM
Thanks everyone.

OldDrummer55, I wish I was in Oregon and the beautiful Pacific Northwest, but alas I am in northeast Iowa.

I'm still waiting for Boss Plow to design some mounting brackets for the V, for some reason they only have them available for my truck, imagine that. They need to think outside the box. :rofl:

Richie18, I've been taking it easy when cold, but I have been driving it even when single digit temps. I'll pick up some winter tires for next winter. I've used Blizzaks on a couple of my cars in the past with great results. I think you are correct about the tires, a good winter tire will be important where I live, not just for the snow/ice but the cold in general.

ericpd, I really like the titanium interior in the pics I've seen (rocketeers pics), very nice! I have generally had a thing for black/black (vette, STS, etc). Sorry you were banished from the C63 forum.

neuronbob
03-15-09, 06:13 PM
I also got ex-communicated from the C63 forum. I sorta felt like Chuck Conners after they broke his saber in half. Kinda funny how they ran me outta town.!

You linked to that thread a while ago, I think? I read through it and man were they giving you a hard time. It's OK to be a fanatic but man, some need to accept that there are other acceptable choices.

TaVern
03-15-09, 08:06 PM
It could use 100hp more. That is easily remedied though. My wife thinks its plenty fast, but I'm used to a supercharged 427 vette. Not that I'd expect the V to have 850+hp like my vette or run with it, but just a bit more would be nice. I'm watching the vendors' posts enthusiastically.

Greedy bastard :lol:

If you're looking to mod, this is the perfect place. Of all the group buys I've been in (all from Luke Butler @ Lindsay Cadillac... See the Lindsay Ad to the right ------>) I've saved hundreds of dollars.

:welcome: to mod hell :devil:

ericpd
03-15-09, 08:11 PM

LOL,... yeah, pretty much. I've never had so many names thrown at me before in my life. Kinda silly if you ask me.

Here,... check it out. You may get a good laugh or two!

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/285161-thoughts-c63-vs-cts-v.html

And you know what? As soon as summer get here and I'mma go C63 hunting. And I know just where to do it <smiling> Won't be long before some kid whose father just bought them a C63 spinning one-wheel in the back will start harassing me. Never seems to fail. Hell, I can't drive through this section of town even in my C32 before some Clearasil faced kid in a M3 come swooping down from out of the sun! Can't wait! And you know what? My first stop when I get home is this laptop and my first destination is that link I just put up above this paragraph! Now that's gonna be fun!

Hey ZZ,... did you have the chance to drive the TR-6060? Just wondering what people thought when comparing the two in terms of ride and acceleration. I hear the auto is smooth, but will sometimes do it's shifting at the wrong moments. I never drove the auto,... wish I would have now though!

vperl
03-15-09, 08:40 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

olde55, where you been? someone mentioned that the battery on your ankle braclet failed. 1April is Pick-up day. If you shave, take off your earrings (not that there is anything wrong with that), and chase your groupies away, I might honk as I drive by Richland on the 9th.