: Thank you to the people who manage and contribute to these forums!

SwedishChef
03-14-09, 06:24 PM
Hi,

As a new registered user, I'd like to take a moment to thank the people who maintain - and contribute to - these forums.

I was able to find a 2009 CTS-V locally which perfectly matched my desired options, and I ended up buying it yesterday. (Well, OK - I admit that I usually prefer silver, and I might have preferred silver to black had I seen them side by side, but I think these cars look great in black, so I'm OK with that.)

The information I learned on these forums helped inform my decision, and my thoughts on pricing. I had previously ruled out this car thinking that - being specialized and in limited production - it would have a sizable second sticker. (Saw a Nissan GT-R with a second sticker of at least $20k - maybe it was $30k, I forget. But I didn't buy it.).

So, thanks to everyone who takes the time to contribute. If there's a way to PayPal a few bucks to the operators of the site, please point me to the link and I will do so.

Thanks,
SC

P.S.
While I've spent some time on the site, there's a lot I haven't read. Feel free to point me to any threads like, "So you've bought your CTS-V, here's what you should do next..."

Any way to turn of the headlight reminder light on the instrument panel? It's always on whether the DRLs or headlights are on, and it drives me nuts. Why do I need to be reminded the lights are on? I have checked the manual and it implies that since the parking lights are always on (unless you deliberately turn ALL lights off) the reminder light will always be on...

darjae
03-14-09, 08:06 PM
Hi,
So, thanks to everyone who takes the time to contribute. If there's a way to PayPal a few bucks to the operators of the site, please point me to the link and I will do so.

Congrats on the purchase. Just click the "Buy Sal A Drink" link on the top to donate.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/billspaypal.php

OldDrummer55
03-15-09, 02:40 PM
Welcome Chef! You have your car so now what? Performance improvements and appearance I would think. I'll be doing performance mods via Wait4Me's threads and I'm interested in a 3M type product to protect the front end from chips...

TaVern
03-15-09, 07:55 PM
If there's a way to PayPal a few bucks to the operators of the site, please point me to the link and I will do so.

:welcome:

Please consider becoming a supporting member here :) http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html . Most of the regular V1 guys are supporting members, and it makes it a great place to hang out.

Also, be sure to check out http://www.cadillacfaq.com This site is run by one of the moderators here (ctsvett). I'm not sure of how much info he has posted on the '09 V, but I gained a lot of insight on my '06 V from that site and this one.

I've saved a lot of $$$ from this site alone. As for the headlight reminder thing you mentioned, I don't have an '09, but my headlight indicator only illuminates when my headlights are actually on. Otherwise, it remains dark even with DRL's on. Is this a new thing with the '09s?