: Faint Beep

JFJr
03-14-09, 03:38 PM
Have any of you heard a barely audible beep inside your 2009 CTS-V when the stereo system is off and things are quiet inside (no, it's not the parking assist system beeps, which are loud)? It seems to occur about every 10 seconds under any conditions (car running or not). It is not annoying and probably doesn't draw any significant amount of current from the battery, but I would like to know what's going on.

OldDrummer55
03-14-09, 03:46 PM
Have any of you heard a barely audible beep inside your 2009 CTS-V when the stereo system is off and things are quiet inside (no, it's not the parking assist system beeps, which are loud)? It seems to occur about every 10 seconds under any conditions (car running or not). It is not annoying and probably doesn't draw any significant amount of current from the battery, but I would like to know what's going on.

:hmm: A low battery cell phone under the seat?

JFJr
03-14-09, 04:06 PM
:hmm: A low battery cell phone under the seat?

Not unless a GM factory worker left it there. This has been going on since December 30 when I took delivery, so that's not the answer. Thanks for the suggestion.

GMX322V S/C
03-14-09, 04:14 PM
No faint beeps in mine; the only thing I can hear when it's really quiet is the hard drive spinning up/spinning/seeking. Some hard drives emit a beep during an "emergency retract" operation, but I wouldn't call the beep faint.

JFJr
03-14-09, 08:16 PM
No faint beeps in mine; the only thing I can hear when it's really quiet is the hard drive spinning up/spinning/seeking. Some hard drives emit a beep during an "emergency retract" operation, but I wouldn't call the beep faint.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'm being "monitored" by a recording device (Ha Haa!). In any event I'll get to the bottom of this.

Richie18
03-14-09, 08:39 PM
I know the red security/theft light beeps on another car of mine in intervals of approximately 10 seconds, could this be related?

JFJr
03-14-09, 08:59 PM
I know the red security/theft light beeps on another car of mine in intervals of approximately 10 seconds, could this be related?

My first thought was that it was related to the security system. Right before your reply I went out to the garage and looked underneath the seats and found nothing obvious, sat in the car for 5 min. with everything off: nothing. Cranked it up, turned on the nav system, backed out of the garage until GPS was received: nothing. This is really spooky! No more beeps after I posted this thread. I feel sorry to have bothered anyone with this, but I was in the Vietnam War, although not CIA. Hmmmm.

cmicasa
03-14-09, 10:18 PM

YUP.. its more of a continuous "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" than an intermitten BEEP.

Nutz
03-14-09, 10:43 PM
More like a beep beep?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WsE6M_RjBIY/RnEHZDpxaiI/AAAAAAAACH4/uYY9y5CSiBI/s320/gc25_Roadrunner_Wile_E__Coyote-Tounge_Out_NEW.jpg

62Jeff
03-14-09, 11:38 PM
...but I was in the Vietnam War...

Thank you for your service

JFJr
03-15-09, 09:19 PM

You are the first stranger to ever thank me. It was a marvelous, interesting job and turned a young, hell-raising kid into a man. The military is the great equalizer and benefits all of us.

62Jeff
03-15-09, 09:24 PM
You are the first stranger to ever thank me.

Well I find that very unfortunate.

It was a marvelous, interesting job and turned a young, hell-raising kid into a man. The military is the great equalizer and benefits all of us.

I'm glad you came out the other side with a positive outlook on what must have been a terribly challenging experience.

TaVern
03-15-09, 09:28 PM
You are the first stranger to ever thank me.

I'll be the second. Thank you, good sir.

:usflag:

:pow-mia:

JFJr
03-15-09, 09:41 PM
I know we're off the subject, but thanks guys and always support our military; freedom is never free.

I hope that all of you enjoy the best high performance sedan in the world as much as I do!

chris1268
03-16-09, 09:31 AM
I would like to thank all of our service people as well. THANK YOU!

Kadonny
03-16-09, 01:18 PM
I would like to thank all of our service people as well. THANK YOU!

Ditto!

Still no beep I assume? I never heard anything in my car.

musclesbmf
03-16-09, 01:50 PM

And another thanks :usflag:

JFJr
03-16-09, 04:47 PM
Ditto!

Still no beep I assume? I never heard anything in my car.

It went away after I started this thread. Go figure! If it comes back, I will find the source and tell all of you what I found, so you'll have the information.