: Lockpick and Phone

craig.martell
03-14-09, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know if putting in a Lockpick in my 2008 STS will allow me to dial from the Nav screen while driving? I find it difficult to have to dial from my phone.

Ideally, I would love to hear from someone with first-hand experience. I emailed the Lockpick folks, and their response wasn't so confidence inspiring.

Thanks,

Craig

tomm
03-16-09, 12:19 AM
With a 2008 and the lockpick if you want to make a call you need to activate the lockpick by pressing the mute button on the steering wheel 3x, Once you do this the keypad on the screen will allow you to dial. Once the call is made you can press the mute button 3x to again disable the lockpick and the call will continue on.

You can also just leave the lockpick activated and use all functions as if you were not moving but while the lockpick is activated you will not move around on the map if you are using navigation at the same time until you de-activate the lockpick.

The 2008 units are $235 plus shipping.

http://www.BestRadarDetectors.net - Search Keyword LOCKPICK

craig.martell
03-16-09, 10:37 AM
Thanks Tomm!

With a 2008 and the lockpick if you want to make a call you need to activate the lockpick by pressing the mute button on the steering wheel 3x, Once you do this the keypad on the screen will allow you to dial. Once the call is made you can press the mute button 3x to again disable the lockpick and the call will continue on.

You can also just leave the lockpick activated and use all functions as if you were not moving but while the lockpick is activated you will not move around on the map if you are using navigation at the same time until you de-activate the lockpick.

The 2008 units are $235 plus shipping.

http://www.BestRadarDetectors.net - Search Keyword LOCKPICK

craig.martell
05-07-09, 07:37 AM
Does anyone know if putting in a Lockpick in my 2008 STS will allow me to dial from the Nav screen while driving? I find it difficult to have to dial from my phone.

Ideally, I would love to hear from someone with first-hand experience. I emailed the Lockpick folks, and their response wasn't so confidence inspiring.

Thanks,

Craig

Got my Lockpick from Tomm yesterday and installed it. All works exactly as I want it to. I can do all the things I wanted to that are normally blocked while driving:

1) Dial from keypad
2) Dial via phonebook
3) Connect phones to the system via bluetooth
4) Enter addresses in Nav
5) Watch DVDs -- although for the life of me I cannot see the use of this. It just seems crazy to me :confused:.

Craig

Unique Distributing
05-08-09, 04:09 AM
can a lockpick be installed into a 05 sts without a mute button.. and i am hearing that you will lose your adaptive cruise control is this true? cuz i sure as hell dont want to lose this great feature

Dadollac1
05-08-09, 08:38 AM
they have at this moment on ebay lockpics for the 08-09 STS for $175.:worship:

EChas3
05-09-09, 12:11 AM
Wow. The price is down.

jpedano - The 08-09 STS Lockpick won't work in your 2005. You need a modifed one with a manual switch regardless of ACC. It will not affect ACC in any way.

See Tomm's post above. He can provide what you need. If you are very good with electronics, the modification steps are in a monster thread on this topic that's been closed for about a year (?).