: Just picked up my 06

jordan00escalade
03-14-09, 11:58 AM
Picked it up Thursday night.. Wasn't able to get the rolling pictures, too dark. Still waiting on the front bracket for the drivers side, and the nav newer nav disk from the dealership. I also, took my truck to the Cadillac dealership in Burlingame and ordered a rear driver side cap for the running boards and a chrome strip.. Have to get some floor mats asap. Already ordered my KVT-819DVD (kenwood), Ipod adaptor, and rear camera. I'm putting in an order for a rear dvd player/monitor either today or tomorrow. I was originally going to get a 20 inch monitor for the rear, but I don't think there's enough room to keep it flush with the roof.. Decided to go down to a 15 inch with dvd/ built in. I'll post some more pictures as things get under way.. Nothing major, just some video and a few things under the hood. I love this truck.

EXT04
03-14-09, 12:31 PM
Nice suv!!! Congrats

jordan00escalade
03-14-09, 12:37 PM
Appreciate it, thanks man. It's been a long time coming, I'm blessed. Upgrades are going to be coming very soon. Next month we are taking her down to Palm Springs for a week or two. Going to have atleast the interior upgrades just about finished by then.

Boombotz
03-14-09, 12:54 PM
Congrats. :thumbsup:
What are you planning for the interior.

jordan00escalade
03-14-09, 01:03 PM
Kenwood KVT 819DVD, rear view cam, and ipod adaptor. (already ordered) still undecided on the rear entertainment.. (making up mind and placing order for rear monitor sometime today or tomorrow) Rear 15.(something) inch rear drop down monitor with built in dvd. Boom I've been a fan of your Escalade for years.. I've been admiring your truck for some time now lol. I traded in my 2000 for an 06. What a difference.

pcguy760
03-14-09, 01:53 PM
Congrats and it looks sweet! What size rims are those 22's? I like the design on the rims btw and that is one clean Caddy :)

Rolex
03-14-09, 02:08 PM
+1 that's a great looking Caddy.

:welcome5: to the forums

jordan00escalade
03-14-09, 02:13 PM
They are 22's.. 305/40/22 tires. Thanks, they also failed to detail my truck before picking it up. I'm still waiting on a bracket and my nav disk as well.. Just got tired of them sitting there with my truck, with me just waiting as impatiently as possible. By the time they get the parts and everything she won't need a detail.. Maybe I can still get a free wash from them though. Going to the detailer today, she's dirty but you can't tell by these photos. Thanks

pcguy760
03-14-09, 02:38 PM
Hey those 22's dont look as bad as some people make em seem (ie. too small, etc.) - I actually like them and the design - do you plan on sellin em or anything? BTW, make sure you get something for free from em hehe. When I decided on gettin my Escalade, I convinced them to drop the price by $1000 then a day later I convinced them to include tax, title, registration and then when I went to pick her up, at the last moment right before I sign the documents I asked them if they can throw in a tank of gas since the gas station was right across the street LOL. I know I know, bad bad me - but hey they are a car dealer and me I am just a guy workin hard to buy this Escalade so they will be alright :)

BTW, I was not rude or anything to the car dealer and the owner really liked talkin to me which is good because the next day the battery went bad and he even came over and picked me up in his own car on a SUNDAY, took me to autozone and bought a brand new battery for me. Also, I have never seen another car dealer who calls you like a month later to see how the vehicle is running, considering I bought this with no warranty from a used car dealer. I think he is gonna go very far in his business... :)

Let me know if you plan on selling those rims as I am lookin for some - right now I am still confused between 22's 23's and 24's... tsk tsk tsk.

Ken 05 EXT
03-14-09, 02:40 PM
Was the crome strip you ordered for the running board? I thought you had to buy the whole running board to get a crome strip. I have a dent in mine and if possible would order a crome strip. Like your truck. Yesterday I put 22 inch Creepin AKA 324 AKUZA wheels on my Ext.

jordan00escalade
03-14-09, 03:29 PM
The chrome strip I found on Ebay.. This guy is selling his running board, I just need the strip. I made an offer of 120, and told him I just need the strip. We'll see what happens on that, I just may end up having to buy the whole thing and selling the board for whatever, without the strip.

Thanks PCGuy.. I don't plan on selling these. I get a lot of "Those look good, but only if they were just a little bigger" comments lol. If I can get a deal on some u2-55's (24's) I'll let you know and we can work something out. You should try the Velocity website, you could get a good deal on them. They aren't as expensive as some of the higher end rims.

I just need a little help figuring out if my audio/video set up is going to work or not.. It's in another thread, if any of you guys know something about that stuff I'd really appreciate some feedback. Don't want to start burning money with ideas that aren't possible. Thanks guys

ratbike1
03-14-09, 05:56 PM
Congrats bro, that's a good lookin' ride you got there! Welcome

joee5
03-14-09, 06:04 PM
Welcome aboard and congats. She's a beaut. God Bless,Joe

pcguy760
03-14-09, 08:04 PM
Hey np :) btw, is that Aspen White or Pearl Diamond White? Just wondering, either color looks great anyways!

Boombotz
03-14-09, 10:19 PM
Kenwood KVT 819DVD, rear view cam, and ipod adaptor. (already ordered) still undecided on the rear entertainment.. (making up mind and placing order for rear monitor sometime today or tomorrow) Rear 15.(something) inch rear drop down monitor with built in dvd. Boom I've been a fan of your Escalade for years.. I've been admiring your truck for some time now lol. I traded in my 2000 for an 06. What a difference.
I had the same debate on the large dropdown verses the headreast monitors.
My deciding factor was the lose of the rear view mirror with the drop down screen. My wife didn't want to drive without the mirror view if the kids where watching a movie.
I am very happy with the headrests. We also like that we can load the DVD's while driving down the road because the DVD player is up front with us and we don't have to pull over to load another movie in on long trips. I don't know if you will be able to reach the drop down with built in DVD player. Just some things to consider. Good luck.

jordan00escalade
03-17-09, 03:11 PM
Well.. The rear piece for the driver's side running board came in today. I took it to the body shop and it's going to be 240.00 to paint it.. I was like "damn," I took a look at this Escalade I've been wanting since getting my 2000.. I thought she's worth it. lol The part alone was 160.00.. I still don't have the chrome strip, I couldn't get the guy to give me his original 170.00 offer a second time. Looks like I'll be paying 200.00 for a simple chrome strip for my running board. I should be able to put up some pictures of the other side this weekend.. lol

chrome strip: 200
rear cap: 150
paint for cap: 240
The look of your Escalade after all the little things are out of the way... Priceless

BTW.. I ordered the 15.4 inch drop down monitor with the dvd built in. My little girl just turned 13 and she will be able to handle things back there with her 4 year old brother. I also purchased an Itouch ipod that is compatible with the Kenwood. We are taking a vacation to Palm Springs next month on the 10th, I'll post some pictures. I always get the pleasure of driving the duration of the trip, and The Commander is the one who wanted the bigger size monitor anyway. I'll put up some pictures and information as things keep coming along for our new Escalade. Thinking about using "fortun8" or "spoiled" as a personalized license plate.