: Windshield Wiper

chrismay
03-14-09, 12:12 PM
During the winter my windshield wipers got frozen to the windshield and I mistakenly turned them on, this caused one of them to get off track or somethign like that. Only the left wiper works now, which is kind of annoying when it starts raining. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Army_MP_From_MO
03-14-09, 01:11 PM
Sounds like you need to check everthing from the wiper blade to the wiper motor to find out what broke and fix it.

98 Catera
03-15-09, 12:32 AM
im guessing the arm popped off the motor, there should be a metal ball looking thing when the wiper arm should just pop back on. its made to pop off so the stopped arm doesnt cause the motor to rip off its spot or bend everything up.

Leon3
03-15-09, 04:28 AM
Simular thing happened to me. Turned on the wipers when the blades were frozen to the windshield. They stopped working. Looked @ the motor housing on the firewall mounted and it was cracked, busted . The wiper motor is so strong and kind of heavy I noticed when I got it off to replace. Went to the junkyard and got one pretty cheap. Both my arms stopped working though, you might have somthing else wrong ( since one of yours is still working ).

Turn them on, look at the motor. You shold be able to determine from there what the problen is. Not a terribly hard fix and or replace part job at all.

Good Luck