: 5.0L intake manifold (gasket) leak / heal-a-seal feedback & opinions

Warren_R
03-13-09, 09:52 PM
Hello all;

Having recently been diagnosed with a leaking intake manifold gasket :(( , I looked online for alternatives to the $650.00 repair bill. I located one called Heal-A-Seal, sold through this website:

http://www.heal-a-seal.com/

For a question or straw vote; has anyone tried said product & succeeded in fixing a manifold leak? Results, comments, and opinions very much welcomed. :welcome:

Thanks all,
Warren R
1989 Brougham d'Elegance (Faustina)

cadillac_al
03-14-09, 09:54 PM
Usually if it's too good to be true..................................

They say it is for head gaskets and cracked heads anyway, and not intake manifold gaskets.

Are you losing coolant?

Warren_R
03-15-09, 04:27 AM
It's not a big leak, roughly 8-10 oz. per week or 120 mi. Another idea is to shop around a few places for different quotes. I wish that the Heal-a-Seal website had offered physical & chemical data relevant to their product claims, but perhaps they feared infringement by some competitor. :bigroll:

VortecCaddy
03-15-09, 05:30 PM
Why dont you just buy a Haynes manual and dedicate one weekend to this job? It can be done with a little reading and good planning. Not as hard as it looks, just take pictures and label everything that you un-plug.

Warren_R
03-16-09, 07:19 AM
Good idea, but the HOA where I live doesn't permit auto repairs on the premises. Schmucks. But on the brighter side, a friend of the family has agreed to do the work for about $350.00 or so. Not that much really, compared to some other engine repairs. Hopefully, that will fix the prob for good. :suspense:

VortecCaddy
03-17-09, 01:24 PM
Them damn HOA's. Good deal that you can get it done cheaper. Good luck