: Emblem Removal

TheKid
03-13-09, 09:22 AM
whats the best way to remove the rear emblems off the trunk? are they just stuck on with 3m tape, or is it like the oldschool ones that are punched in and leave a hole?

What about the pin stripes on the sides under the windows? It looks ok but is missing pieces here and there. how do u remove this also?

CadiBlk
03-13-09, 09:26 AM
cadillacfaq.com

dear god someone get the search sticky up.

TheKid
03-13-09, 09:28 AM
The time it took u to type that couldve been some help. The help is great on this site but alot of little uptight V drivers with their panties all bunched up. Hahaha

CadiBlk
03-13-09, 09:31 AM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/emblem/index.html

Does everything in life need to be spoon fed to you? You are going no where in life.

deedubb
03-13-09, 09:32 AM
All these threads that you keep making asking questions that you could have answered yourself by searching is the exact reason we've been having discussions on how to clean up this place a bit.

gothicaleigh
03-13-09, 09:36 AM
Heat gun and fishing line. You warm the emblem, heating/softening the adhesive and then pull the fishing line through it.

There may be some residue left over that will need to be picked away, but it's pretty easy to accomplish. We use a product called 'Rapid Remover' that eats away the adhesive without harming the painted surface underneath. You can also get plastic razor blades that are too soft to scratch the clearcoat, but can be used to chisel away at the residue. Most sign shops will carry both of these.

bandit6678
03-13-09, 09:39 AM
how about removing the front emblem on the grill??? mines starting to fade

B-1 Buddha
03-13-09, 09:46 AM
:vomit:

Oh, I'm sorry. Did some of that splash on you?

you do know that there is a site, called the "FAQ", that has answers to your questions?

www.cadillacfaq.com

deedubb
03-13-09, 09:48 AM
In all fairness, I did try to search the FAQ's for you Bandit and couldn't find much on removing the front emblem. If I recall correctly, there are 4 pins holding it to the grill...I'm not sure how they are held on (glue maybe?). I would suspect, it would be easier to remove the clips holding the front grill on and try punching them out from the backside.

rand49er
03-13-09, 09:50 AM
I was a noob ... once upon a time. :helpless:

perfect
03-13-09, 09:59 AM
The time it took u to type that couldve been some help. The help is great on this site but alot of little uptight V drivers with their panties all bunched up. Hahaha

didn't i make multiple detailed posts yesterday to help you install your stereo? :hmm:

Cowan480
03-13-09, 10:08 AM
WOW, Its a wonder people support the forum when people jump all over them.. Ill be the first to say its not easy to figure things out on the forum because its not user friendly at all. I sometimes have problems searching and looking around and I have been here for almost a year.

TheKid-not a big deal.. I'll be more than happy to help you with anything I can.. ESP. Randy(rand49er) and a lot other are very good about helping the newbies out!! Good luck!!

Click the link below, this might help you get more help!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/payments.php

stuckey
03-13-09, 10:11 AM
Always, I repeat always try to do some searching and I don't mean look at the first 5 threads and give up. Try looking through several pages of threads. If you can't find it then someone will be more than happy to help without giving you a hard time about it. I've asked alot of noob questions here but always after some diligent searching. No one here is being uptight or mean. We just get tired of digging through thousands of useless repetitive threads about nothing to try and find an answer to a question for ourselves. Not posting these sorts of threads will help keep this to a minimum.

CadiBlk
03-13-09, 10:12 AM
WOW, Its a wonder people support the forum when people jump all over them.. Ill be the first to say its not easy to figure things out on the forum because its not user friendly at all. I sometimes have problems searching and looking around and I have been here for almost a year.

TheKid-not a big deal.. I'll be more than happy to help you with anything I can.. ESP. Randy(rand49er) and a lot other are very good about helping the newbies out!! Good luck!!

Click the link below, this might help you get more help!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/payments.php

I told him right where to go to get his answer and he gave me shit for it. I am done with TheKid, I'm not going to be the one to tell him how to fill his gas tank up as I'm sure he is about out and we'll see a thread question about it.

stuckey
03-13-09, 10:19 AM
I told him right where to go to get his answer and he gave me shit for it. I am done with TheKid, I'm not going to be the one to tell him how to fill his gas tank up as I'm sure he is about out and we'll see a thread question about it.

True statement:highfive:...and now that I'm on the reply page I can't see who wrote it but yes being a supporting member for a mere $5 a month is well worth the money and will bring a little more respect from other members. Especially with the number of questions he's asked recently on stuff that the faq shows in great detail most of the time with pics. I'm not against thekid or on anyone's side. I'm still fairly new here as well, but its not that hard to search here.

BTW........:hijacked:

rand49er
03-13-09, 10:38 AM
It may just have been a case of not knowing how to spell "emblemz." :hide:

EDIT:
Threadjack on:
Say, what's my post count, anyway?!!
Threadjack off.

bandit6678
03-13-09, 10:41 AM
In all fairness, I did try to search the FAQ's for you Bandit and couldn't find much on removing the front emblem. If I recall correctly, there are 4 pins holding it to the grill...I'm not sure how they are held on (glue maybe?). I would suspect, it would be easier to remove the clips holding the front grill on and try punching them out from the backside.

thanks deedubb,
i had been searching front emblem removal for a while now, but since we were on the topic of emblem removal I figured Id ask about the front.

CadiBlk
03-13-09, 10:50 AM
thanks deedubb,
i had been searching front emblem removal for a while now, but since we were on the topic of emblem removal I figured Id ask about the front.

I think what deedubb mentioned is correct, because when guys get their grills powdercoated they don't talk about having to reglue their emblemz* back on. I think they clip on.

NormV
03-13-09, 11:14 AM
Heat gun helps or the sunshine. I used dental floss and was sawing quick enough to heat up the rubber backing. Watch getting to hot as it will take some paint off with it!

Norm

Cowan480
03-13-09, 11:40 AM
My apologies...

I want everyone to get along... Have a good weekend everyone!

Cowan

B-1 Buddha
03-13-09, 12:02 PM
I was a noob ... once upon a time. :helpless:

I was a noob last year, but I read the FAQ and became a supporting member to avoid such jackassery.

heavymetals
03-13-09, 01:18 PM
SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND.

In the future if I see new threads about old stuff that could be found by a simple "search" I will remove.

Stop being lazy.:want:

Rolex
03-13-09, 01:20 PM
Redundant threads by new users isn't a unique thing to the V forum. It's a way of life on ALL internet forums. People don't read the stickies or search most of the time. If you don't like it then back out of the thread and don't read it.

The next person to insult another user, post something that doesn't go toward answering the OP's question, or whine about the OP will get a vacation. Compliments of Rolex.

Rolex
03-13-09, 02:18 PM
OP's question was answered. We're done with this thread.