: Windshield Repair

SkullV
03-12-09, 10:31 PM
Hey guys,

I know there was just a thread about replacing windshields, but this is only about repairing the existing glass.

So today I was driving back home from Purdue for spring break and unfortunately my V's windshield met face to face with a big rock. The plus side to all of this is all the rock left was a little scuff smaller then my pinkie fingernail.

So my questions is, is there a way to fix the scuff/scratch without paying a shop? There must be some miracle cure!

CadzillaTN
03-13-09, 12:38 AM
drill a hole on the spot all the way through the windshield. using a syringe, fill hole with super bond clear epoxy. scrape. buff. repeat buff.

seriously though you may want to check with your car insurance agent. my policy comes with 2 free windshield repairs a yr.

SkullV
03-13-09, 01:13 AM
drill a hole on the spot all the way through the windshield. using a syringe, fill hole with super bond clear epoxy. scrape. buff. repeat buff.

seriously though you may want to check with your car insurance agent. my policy comes with 2 free windshield repairs a yr.

Hahah great! I'll try it tomorrow. The epoxy can dry while im changing the diff fluid. In all reality though, if bodyshops can fix small scuffs/scratches there has to be a way we can do it too for less money!