: Is this an ultraview?

gavin07
03-12-09, 10:15 PM
I was thinking about buying this srx and it said it has the ultraview roof. But to me it looks small. does anyone know if it is the ultraview by looking at the picture?:confused: see attachment pics

05SRX-Redline
03-12-09, 11:02 PM
I have an 05 SRX with the ultraview, it does not look anything like that. Yeah that looks small; the factory ultraview with tan interior has all tan moulding around the opening, the sunshade is also motorized for open and close and color matched. Looks like an aftermarket sunroof to me. The ultraview fully extends to the second row, it is huge. Hope this helps.

sgilbert
03-12-09, 11:25 PM
That's aftermarket; no doubt about it.

robhersch
03-12-09, 11:47 PM
Looks like non-UltraView!!
Our 2005 SRX: UltraView is approx 25" wide x 42" long (inside); also has a motorized shade that fully opens with the UV closed; also UltraView equipped SRXs typically have (outside) all black (glass??) roofs from windshield to rear. I have been told that UltraView Plus is normally part of roof (although not visible from inside).
Note UV opens by raising up the 25 x 42 glass panel and sliding back over the roof; and a windscreen panel flips up when the UV is open.

Klei14
03-13-09, 12:02 AM
If you are looking to buy that car, I wouldnt unless you are getting a VERY good deal. There is no guarentee that sunroof will work/close properly, and if you have a problem it might be hard to get parts for or fix.

TSS
03-14-09, 04:23 PM
Thats not an ultra-view. Aftermarket. An Ultra would also have a headliner colored POWER shade that retracts and comes forward separate from the glass.

c5 rv
03-14-09, 07:41 PM
An SRX with ultraview has an all-black roof that matches the ultraview. You would not see a body-colored area between the windshield and the ultraview.

srx05v8
03-15-09, 04:55 AM
If THAT is ultraView, then I am the real Superman ;)

c5 rv
03-15-09, 07:56 AM
If THAT is ultraView, then I am the real Superman ;)

My wife likes your awful movies.

srx05v8
03-15-09, 01:57 PM
My wife likes your awful movies.

Trust me - what she really wants to tell you is she wants a V8 AWD with the UltraView open all the way:p

caddycruiser
03-15-09, 04:51 PM
That's a Webasto Grandview Panoramic aftermarket roof.

Aftermarket sunroofs are far from unordinary and much more common than some think--lots of "this car is right...but there's no sunroof" and they're added when first purchased--including models like this.

Here's further details on them:

http://www.webastoshowroom.com/4Cadillac_SRX_524_06.html

c5 rv
03-15-09, 08:09 PM
Trust me - what she really wants to tell you is she wants a V8 AWD with the UltraView open all the way:p

We have the Allante for open-air motoring.