: Finally have cold air kits.

wait4me
03-12-09, 09:43 PM
Ok, I have cold air kits that should be here on wednesday of next week. They are Solid black and look very nice in the engine compartment. I have kinda polished ones also for the same price. The kit includes very high quality silicone ends and integrated tubing for the pvc system that goes into the stock one.

This bolts right in place and gets rid of the big ugly tube with the u shapes on it.

No more sucking shut on high hp applications!

Also, the one side has a U groove so it moves with the motor and dont make any stress on the maf housing.

You can easily swap between stock and this one. No cutting involved.

Also includes a K &N air filter to drop in the stock airbox.

Pricing will be finalized on monday But it should be $250.00 shipped including the filter.

I suppose preorders would be locked in at that price for those who want them. :)

CadV
03-12-09, 10:42 PM
Ok, I have cold air kits that should be here on wednesday of next week. They are Solid black and look very nice in the engine compartment. I have kinda polished ones also for the same price. The kit includes very high quality silicone ends and integrated tubing for the pvc system that goes into the stock one.

This bolts right in place and gets rid of the big ugly tube with the u shapes on it.

Also, the one side has a U groove so it moves with the motor and dont make any stress on the maf housing.

Pricing will be finalized on monday But it should be $250.00 shipped including the filter.

I suppose preorders would be locked in at that price for those who want them. :)

Put me down for one.

Cliff

OldDrummer55
03-13-09, 01:39 AM

Jesse,
For we newbs, would you kindly tell us what mods do and do not affect the warranty on our new V2? I want to upgrade with the reprogrammed computer, pulley and cold air kit, but if it voids my warranty I'll wait.
Thanks,

zman1
03-13-09, 08:44 AM
if we have one of your tunes, would we have to send it back to you for you to redo or are we good with what you gave us originally??

musclesbmf
03-13-09, 09:12 AM
Put me down for one as well.
Mark

wait4me
03-13-09, 09:16 AM
Mods that equal voided warrenty would be an upper pully swap for sure. I havent found a way to do it without leaving a footprint when putting it back to stock.

The airbox, computer, and exhaust, and lower crank pulley are all able to be put back to stock without issues.

I have been trying to aquire some spare snouts so we can all just swap them in and out when needed, but that has been a chore and no luck so far...

jvp
03-13-09, 09:18 AM
For we newbs, would you kindly tell us what mods do and do not affect the warranty on our new V2?

Warranty coverage goes like this: If something breaks and the technician at the dealer can prove your modification contributed to the failure, your warranty claim will likely be denied. That does not mean your entire vehicular warranty is void, because to do that is against the law. They have to be able to prove that what you changed specifically caused (or contributed to) the failure that they're working on.

For instance: Let's say you tune your computer and are cranking out more HP/tq now, and one day your radio goes on the fritz. They're going to have a real difficult time proving that the changes you made to the PCM are harming the radio.

Now, let's say you get a tune, and your motor detonates because it's running too lean. Well, they'll have a pretty good case against you, and your warranty claim will be denied. But again, it doesn't mean your entire warranty is void.

It actually is that simple.

jas

wait4me
03-13-09, 09:58 AM
A good example of how they are doing things, are, well the rear end situation on the first gen V. I had 2 rear ends covered, and then 4 more not covered on our cars. One car was void because the service tech saw a Scan gauge pod in the car so they "Said it flashed the REAR END and made the car shift harder" UMM the cars are all a M6 speed so how the heck can they be modified with a flash.. To get them to cover the rear end, "This was a bone stock car mind you" I would have to spend more than the 6 grand to go to court and pay lawyers to get my warrenty coverage i paid for..

CIWS
03-13-09, 10:00 AM
A dealership can deny to do warranty work based on a modification to the car without initially proving that it is the real cause, they simply refuse to repair based on warranty. You the customer can then sue them in civil court and it is there they will have to prove it caused the issue. You can search all through this forum and others and find folks who have had warranty repairs denied based on Mods simply because the dealership chooses to.

However they generally do not care much about mods like CAIs unless it's around something like a MAF sensor issue and they may use that as an excuse. People have screwed up their MAF sticking CAIs on. But they can't link it to something like a faulty CAT, malfunctioning radio,etc

The main trick is always save your stock parts and if you think it may be an issue with your dealership them swap them back before you give it to them for warranty issues that could be related. The swapping of the CAI shouldn't be a major undertaking.

I'll pass this info on to other 09V owners I know who may not read here Jess :)

CVP33
03-13-09, 01:26 PM
The best one was a warranty denial for a blown rear differential because I put 255 size tires vs. 245's. This caused additional stress to the rear differential which was specifically designed for 245 tires. :eek:

GM-4-LIFE
03-13-09, 02:44 PM
Put me down for one too! Can't wait to get it!

PM me so we can get the sale done!

Any pics of it installed? I would like to see a picture of it installed before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

SG

colbachlaw
03-13-09, 03:21 PM
Jesse,

Put me down for one.

I will send the $$ paypal today.

If I get time, I will do before and after runs on the dyno and post.

Mike C

qictrk
03-13-09, 07:06 PM
I'm down for one too. Sent you an e-mail to confirm. Cecil.............

RapidRob
03-13-09, 07:42 PM

You know Jess, I think I'd like a kit, with one of the exhaust options, the crank pulley, (and new belt if it needs it ..), the air-box, and an ECM tuned for the kit specified, auto or manual tranny, rather than trying to buy all this stuff piece-meal, and then trying to get the ECM tuned each time something is added. I'd probably jump at that!

Do you think you will be able to do that any time soon?

Rob

musclesbmf
03-13-09, 11:24 PM
Sent a paypal earlier to address.
Thanks for the talk today on the phone. I look forward to getting the programmer and the intake this coming week and I will be ordering the exhaust as soon as you say they are available.

Exciting times ahead!!!
Thanks,
Mark

RapidRob
03-14-09, 11:24 PM
You know Jess, I think I'd like a kit, with one of the exhaust options, the crank pulley, (and new belt if it needs it ..), the air-box, and an ECM tuned for the kit specified, auto or manual tranny, rather than trying to buy all this stuff piece-meal, and then trying to get the ECM tuned each time something is added. I'd probably jump at that!

Do you think you will be able to do that any time soon?

Rob

W4M - Do you think you will offer kits, like mentioned above, or if not, I'll start ordering parts as they become available?

Please let me know .. ? Thanks.

Rob