: Bolt missing

MauiV
03-12-09, 08:33 PM
Well I took the V to a local tire place today to have the Potenzas put on and an alignment.

As they are getting ready to align it the Mgr comes and get me and says "you may want to see this" We get under the car and looking at the front suspension subframe and a bolt on the passanger side is MISSING. The drivers side was loose but still installed.

They put a jack under the subframe and removed the bolt that was left and ran next door to ACE and got another bolt, about 6-7" long that matched.

I have been having a problem with my stability control system just randomly coming on for a couple months now and I really hope this fixes that problem.

Of course as soon as I install my Ultra Summer Performance tires today it starts snowing before I even leave BUT my tires were so shot even these are are better than hte slicks I rolled in on.

Good eye on the alignment guy and they didnt even charge me for the bolt and I didnt even buythe tires from them. Great customer service.

trukk
03-12-09, 08:43 PM
Damn, now there is a WTF moment for ya.

Nice that they went out of their way for ya like that.

-Chris

CTSV_Rob
03-12-09, 09:08 PM
Great they did that for you, it's nice to know good customer service isn't dead. Also, good eye, alot of those guys wouldn't have even noticed it.

I would check to make sure they installed the same grade bolt back in. Granted, it's better then no bolt but if I were you I would want to make sure that cradle isn't going to come out.

Call ewill and make sure.

liqidvenom
03-12-09, 09:31 PM
yeah a lube place did something similar for me back when i drove my nissan in. It was leaking break fluid and they found that i was missing a washer on the banjo bolt which they let me know, fixed and filled it back with fluid after pumping it all for free.

814V
03-12-09, 09:34 PM
missing bolt = weight reduction = faster lap times = more suhwayde = win!

ATLDon
03-12-09, 10:35 PM
I hate to say it but in these wonderful times all that a shop has is customer service.

CTSV_Rob
03-12-09, 10:58 PM
^^ Not all of them.

MauiV
03-12-09, 11:12 PM
They did try to get a "Grade 8" bolt but were only able to get a standard grade. I am taking my car in Tuesday for radiator replacement so I will call tomorrow to see if they can order a new factory spec one.

If I do ever sell this car whoever gets it will have damn near all new parts on it by then!!!!!!!

trukk
03-13-09, 01:03 PM
missing bolt = weight reduction = faster lap times = more suhwayde = win!

...ya Firey Ball of Swaide...

-Chris

thebigjimsho
03-15-09, 02:16 AM
I always knew you had a screw loose...

UnsafeAtAnySpd
03-15-09, 10:07 AM
Man, that could be scary. I was putting my exhaust back on (which I hate doing by the way), the night before last and notice the nut on my shifter was just about to fall off. While not potentially fatal like your situation, it would suck to lose that bolt while driving and be stuck on the side of the road not being able to shift. :)

ewill3rd
03-15-09, 10:49 AM
Sometimes guys loosen them to get more room to work on things like the clutch and then forget to retighten them.
Glad you caught that.
It can make some noises for sure.

thebigjimsho
03-15-09, 07:49 PM
I had a bent subframe bolt on my SHO. It would cause snap oversteer when turning hard to the left. Actually autocrossed like that once. Got fastest time for a non-instructor driven car...

Very interesting feel on a FWD car...