: 2 HUGE Problems!!!!

ewufan
03-12-09, 07:32 PM
Hey guys, I have 2 big problems with the wife's 2004 SRX and I am hoping you can help.

1) The radio/Driver's Information Center won't turn on. The screen is completely dark. The heater/A/C section of the console turns on, but the radio/information center has nothing. I checked some of the fuses that might be associated (not sure if I checked the correct ones.)

2) A few days ago the 3rd brake light went out. I tried to look up information on this but was unsuccessful. Do I have to replace the entire housing (ie lens and everything) or is there a bulb I need to check? There is an entire housing for $130 on eBay, seems like that is the route to go.

Any insight (especially for the DIC) would be great! Thanks in advance.

Klei14
03-13-09, 12:05 AM
Sorry, I dont know any answers to those problems, but it might be worth the 120$ charge at the dealer so they will tell you what exactly is wrong.

moveebuff
03-15-09, 10:29 AM
Take it to the dealer for a diagnostic. Worth spending $100 to be on the safe side.

ewufan
03-16-09, 05:54 PM
Well I checked all of the fuses and they were good. I hit the "load" button on the radio and it turned on. It has worked ever since.

However, the 3rd brake light is still out. Anyone know how to replace it?

Thanks

BMBLBEE
03-22-09, 10:39 AM
I think the 3rd brake light is several individual LEDs so it's unlikely they would all go at the same time unless you have a short that grounded it out. I would have a very close look at the wires going into the rear hatch to see if there is anything obvious there and jiggle the harness to see if you get any reaction or light from the LEDs. You also might want to pull and change the fuse to make sure there is good contact in that area.

Good luck.

srx05v8
03-27-09, 03:58 AM
if you do need to change it, you have got to change the whole thing; but i agree with BumbleBee above.

Superjim
03-30-09, 08:42 AM
Well I checked all of the fuses and they were good. I hit the "load" button on the radio and it turned on. It has worked ever since.

However, the 3rd brake light is still out. Anyone know how to replace it?

Thanks

Check with Logan at LEDFIX.COM.
He does Caddy LED lights.

Jim