: What I Cleaned Up Today

03-12-09, 07:21 PM
Well today was a pretty great day at work. As some of you may know I work at the local Cadillac dealership detailing cars, so I'm always in and out of different Caddy's. Today a guy from next door comes by and asks me to clean a car for him; no big deal, but this particular car is a 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance Coupe. I have never been in any Caddy older than 1989 ('89 Allante) so I was super excited. As a enthusiast of all different kinds of Cadillac, i've always been told the 80's was the worst period so I just went along with it. But damn, this car was awesome. It only had 17k miles on it, and damn beautiful it was. I know very little to nothing about older models, so its nice the see something different. The only downside I did notice was the 4.1 V8, which I've been told is a terrible engine. The guy who sold it has a website full of pictures. It looks absolutely stunning in person.

03-13-09, 01:40 AM
That car is drop dead gorgous! I have an 82. Not in the same shape as that one... haha. Mines got 154,000k on the original 4.1. (shes not dead yet Hooray!). But exactly the same otherwise.

03-13-09, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the pics, awesome ride in many ways

03-14-09, 12:44 AM
I loved it, and have thought about getting a model similar to this one eventually. Much smoother than my Seville is, but not nearly as nimble.

03-14-09, 03:08 AM
That's an awesome color combo, although I could never own it. I'd be way too tempted to rip out that 4100 and put in a 400+hp LS3 V8 in it.

Love those D'Elegance seats as well, they're so over the top.

03-15-09, 10:40 AM
Oh dear god, that is just divine! The color combo, the condition, it's just awesome!

03-15-09, 11:35 PM
Oh dear god, that is just divine! The color combo, the condition, it's just awesome!

Down, boy, take a cold shower. ;)

Very nice example, though. You don't often see them in such good condition.

06-17-10, 06:31 PM
This is Bob from www.fleetofcads.com I didnt sell that beautiful coupe to Joe, but he does have it for sale. his contact info is on this page. http://www.fleetofcads.com/joes85coupe.htm VERY nice coupe!

water walkin warrior
06-17-10, 06:50 PM
Errrr, websense is blocking the website the pictures are on. Work email is awesome most of the time, but not right now.

06-17-10, 07:49 PM
yeh I really like the seats in that car....