: Darren_Dallas picking on stock V2's with his Dinan M5 again.

jasaero
03-12-09, 06:40 PM
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/134021-2008-dinan-stroker-vs-2009-cadillac-cts-v-2-a.html

Come on one of you Dallas V2 owners! We need one of you to get atleast some headers, CAI, and a tune and see how close you are to this unfair film maker! If that doesn't do it I think a pulley would work as the final nail to send him back to Dinan asking for more!

The Tony Show
03-12-09, 06:45 PM
I'm so impressed that his $150,000 car can beat a $65,000 one. Let's see what happens when someone with $4k in headers, tune and crank pulley walks him.

Good to see you over there telling him that already.

haterinc
03-12-09, 07:15 PM
he at least gave it some props at the bottom after the vid... but hardly comprable... 150k for a modded m5 is a waste if you ask me. for a buck fifty you can get into a lot nicer and more powerful ride... unless he needs the sedan for groceries lol

CadV
03-12-09, 07:31 PM
I will challenge him once I get the crank pulley on. I already beat a stock M5.

whisler151
03-12-09, 07:35 PM

I'll video tape! When are you getting the crank pulley?

CadV
03-12-09, 07:37 PM
I'll video tape! When are you getting the crank pulley?

Sounds good hopefully he will accept.

As soon as they release one hahahaha, I want more boost :) My bet is Lingenfelter releases a kit in the next few weeks. Not going to do exhaust since it is a lease. Shooting for 600rwhp with moded airbox, lingenfelter air tube, tune, and crank. I will prolly come up short without doing anything to the exhaust but I am going to try.

CadV
03-12-09, 07:58 PM
Here is a similar built motor

YouTube - BMW M6 5.7 Liter Stroker V10 564 HP Dyno Run

Put down 564rwhp.

This would be a real good race.

Nutz
03-12-09, 10:29 PM
Ya I made a comment to the douche there a couple days ago about how he THINKS the V has exactly 456 r.w.h.p. and 450 r.w.t.q. (basically advertised it with 1 less 1st digit) tool.

whisler151
03-12-09, 11:04 PM
Sounds good hopefully he will accept.

As soon as they release one hahahaha, I want more boost :) My bet is Lingenfelter releases a kit in the next few weeks. Not going to do exhaust since it is a lease. Shooting for 600rwhp with moded airbox, lingenfelter air tube, tune, and crank. I will prolly come up short without doing anything to the exhaust but I am going to try.

I leased my '07...exhaust shouldn't be too bad. Maybe headers and stock exhaust. Anyway, let me know if you talk with him. I want to watch this race.

Luna.
03-12-09, 11:50 PM

Agree. The American Headers, CAI and new blower/crank pulley is going to happen on my car...

Unfortunately, I live in So Cal...:)

CIWS
03-13-09, 12:11 AM
The car is still in break-in period and I wonder if it will pick up more power over time. Regardless, we all know this car will be a different kind of beast with a few easy mods!

Sounds like he's being pretty honest about the deal vs some fanboy posting BS.

OldDrummer55
03-13-09, 01:22 AM
:yeah:

ericpd
03-13-09, 02:18 AM
What he's done to his M is the equivalent of me yanking the LSA out of my V and replacing it with the ZR1's LS9!. Man he paid a lot to have all that stuff done to that car. Almost crossing the line of craziness. Wish I had that kinda money to burn!

John Hennessey
03-13-09, 10:08 AM
good thing for him that he is in Dallas and not Houston.....

Richie18
03-13-09, 10:55 AM
What he's done to his M is the equivalent of me yanking the LSA out of my V and replacing it with the ZR1's LS9!. Man he paid a lot to have all that stuff done to that car. Almost crossing the line of craziness. Wish I had that kinda money to burn!

More like a bored and stroked LS9.

The Dinan stroker is priced at $40,000, it displaces 7 more liters than stock,(now 5.7L) it makes more than 100+ Hp and 100+ lb-ft of torque over stock, not to mention similar gains throughout the entire power curve. That puts it at about 611 HP and 468 Lb-ft of torque.

Just to have some fun with some numbers here...

Base Price
CTS-v $60k

BMW M5 $86k

Besides the generous gains we're seeing with tunes, CAI, and exhaust, imagine what the LSA engine could produce with a couple extra liters,head, and cam work. All this modification for under the $26k difference between the two and probably pushing 700HP.

gothicaleigh
03-13-09, 11:06 AM
Someone needs to retort with the classic BMW saying, "...but we'd still take you in the twisties!"
Used to be #1 in any bimmer owner's playbook... :lildevil:

Seriously though, BMW enthusiasts bragging about stoplight runs and straight-line acceleration victories? What has the world come to? :gothicaleigh:

gothicaleigh
03-13-09, 11:10 AM
No wait, here it is:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/134021-2008-dinan-stroker-vs-2009-cadillac-cts-v-2-a-3.html#post1537448

:cloud9:

aceofblitz
03-13-09, 12:10 PM
I don't see the big deal in the video and I have absolutely no idea why you're all so fired up about it. He wasted a lot of money on his mods and I wouldn't be surprised if he wiped the floor with a CTS-V or even a 997 Turbo. I don't really support racing unless it was a private road, track, or drag strip. No matter what car you have, there is ALWAYS a car that will beat yours no matter what, and that includes his car.

Ketzer
03-13-09, 03:58 PM
I don't really support racing unless it was a private road, track, or drag strip. .

Werd AOB. If anyone doubts it, ask the founder of Tapout... oh, wait, you can't.

whisler151
03-13-09, 04:56 PM
Werd AOB. If anyone doubts it, ask the founder of Tapout... oh, wait, you can't.

:hide:

haterinc
03-13-09, 06:02 PM
Wow! And I thought I was hater inc lol

ericpd
03-13-09, 06:48 PM
More like a bored and stroked LS9.

The Dinan stroker is priced at $40,000, it displaces 7 more liters than stock,(now 5.7L) it makes more than 100+ Hp and 100+ lb-ft of torque over stock, not to mention similar gains throughout the entire power curve. That puts it at about 611 HP and 468 Lb-ft of torque.

Just to have some fun with some numbers here...

Base Price
CTS-v $60k

BMW M5 $86k

Besides the generous gains we're seeing with tunes, CAI, and exhaust, imagine what the LSA engine could produce with a couple extra liters,head, and cam work. All this modification for under the $26k difference between the two and probably pushing 700HP.

Well my plans are to throw $$ at breathing. Suck in more air (less restrictive intake components and maybe a pulley or two) intensify the crunching of air that gets sucked in (a good ECU tune), and blow more air out (long tubes and less restrictive cats). That oughtta do just fine for me. If it's anything like with my C32, it'll prolly take me a couple summers to get all that done,... and most importantly, pay for it. LOL!

//ZZ//
03-14-09, 07:46 PM
I don't see the big deal in the video and I have absolutely no idea why you're all so fired up about it. He wasted a lot of money on his mods and I wouldn't be surprised if he wiped the floor with a CTS-V or even a 997 Turbo. I don't really support racing unless it was a private road, track, or drag strip. No matter what car you have, there is ALWAYS a car that will beat yours no matter what, and that includes his car.

Agree, well said.

He seemed pretty cool about it really, he has a nice car. Props to him.
Not sure I'd say he "wasted" money on his mods, I suppose its all how you look at it. I've dumped a load into my vette running a 427 with ATI Procharger and putting down over 775 rwhp. Was it wasted? To my wife yes, to me, maybe, but I do enjoy it.

You are right, there is always someone faster out there.