: Zaino or other products

gavin07
03-12-09, 03:33 PM
I am lookig to shie up my pearl white srx. What zaino product is the best to use. There are so many different ones. or is there another prouct that is better. any input would help

smokiejoe
03-12-09, 04:05 PM
I have contacted Sal at Zaino with a similar question to yours.

Here is his reply:

"Bare minimum to purchase is Z-AIO, Z-5, Z-6 and if you wash the car
yourself also get Z-7...

Use them in the same order... "

This answer was for a Silver SRX, should be similar for your color.

My opinion: If you are looking to keep things simple, you could just use Z-AIO by itself to start with. Later you can try Z-5 to polish, then Z-6 as a Gloss Enhancer.

Rolex
03-12-09, 06:57 PM
There is no singular Zaino product to fix a dull shine.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1660964-post1.html

My Zaino treatment:
1. Zaino wash
2. Zaino clay bar treatment
3. re-wash
4. Z5 polish
5. Z6 spray
6. Z2 polish
7. Z6 spray
8. Z8 finishing spray

Use a powered polisher to save your shoulders. The results are well worth it.

Klei14
03-12-09, 07:57 PM
You don't HAVE to use Zaino, but I have read that is a good product.

It really depends on how bad your paint is. For a SUV this size you might want to pick up a powercable random orbit buffer. They are very easy to use, and you would have to try to burn/damage the paint. I would....

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Wash again
4. Compund
5. Glaze/Polish
6. Seal
7. Wax
8. Wait 12 hours, wax again

Lots of great info here: http://www.autopia.org/index.php

Rolex
03-12-09, 09:16 PM
I think you mean Porter Cable buffer. The best on the market IMO. Recommended to me by Florian.

Klei14
03-13-09, 01:03 AM
I think you mean Porter Cable buffer. The best on the market IMO. Recommended to me by Florian.
Yea ahaha that is what I meant to say. They are great for someone who wants to start learning how to detail. Very easy to use, and gives great results.

Permnico
03-14-09, 10:18 AM
I have a 05 SRX, garage kept, and still young & pretty. My local Zaino distributor, also a forum member, sent me the following in response to my question about keeping her beautiful -- with the least amount of work. I did purchase the Z-AIO/Z-CS/Z-8 regiment but haven't yet actually applied it. That's a top fiver on my Spring honey-do list.

"... after applying Z-AIO and then Z-CS, is every 1-2-3 months apply an application of Z-CS after washing, this will allow you to only have to use Z-AIO maybe every year, or even less. If you wash you own car, or even if you don't adding Z-8 after Z-CS will make your Z-CS last longer. You will get cotton applicators with your order, many including myself like the Zaino foam applicator..."

Good luck!

George Ware
03-14-09, 12:31 PM
There is no singular Zaino product to fix a dull shine.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1660964-post1.html

My Zaino treatment:
1. Zaino wash
2. Zaino clay bar treatment
3. re-wash
4. Z5 polish
5. Z6 spray
6. Z2 polish
7. Z6 spray
8. Z8 finishing spray

Use a powered polisher to save your shoulders. The results are well worth it.

I agree 100%..........I do mine by hand, Can't say enough about Zaino products!

Sorry for the cellphone pics

George Ware

TSS
03-14-09, 05:19 PM
I get my Zaino from carl (hcvone) on this forum. I literally order it one day, and it ships and is in my hands within 24-48 hours. No kidding.

Anyway, I have a silver Lade and a tan SLS. I use Zaino AIO followed by Zaino CS. Works great for me. If I had a darker color, I might add another step, but those two do the trick of protecting and shining light colors.

The Wrench
03-20-09, 12:35 PM
After years of waay too much car waxing, I reached the following conclusions:
- Waxing can be two things: fun on your toy, work on your daily driver.
- Regardless of the product, wax wears off/washes off pretty quickly if the car is driven daily. And no wax protects well against bird droppings and chemical fallout stains.
- Zaino is the best there is, but it's a heck of a lot of work.
- Zaino is what I use on my weekend-only Corvette; applied by hand.
- For a daily driver, such as my SRX, it's really more about how often you do it, not so much what products you use.
- So for the SRX, I use Meguiar's cleaner-wax, applied with a buffer in about 20 minutes. That way, I tend to do it pretty often; whereas if I did the Zaino thing, I would make excuses to put off all that work.

So, if the SRX is your toy, Zaino all the way, every 6 months or so. If the SRX is your daily driver, cleaner-wax every month or so keeps it looking really good.

Cheers, Grasshopper.

conedoctor
03-20-09, 12:51 PM
Or if you have some time on your hands.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41205

TTopJohn
03-20-09, 01:26 PM
hcvone is here? I remember him from LS1.com or Corvetteforum.com a few years back.

I take a different tact than The Wrench - Zaino is even more important on a daily driver than on a weekend toy that lives in the garage most of the time. Well, Zaino or another durable synthetic wax/sealant of your choice - I think Zaino is the best but there are many strong opinions.

Yes, you can Zaino in such a way that it takes all your time every weekend, layering, trying to get the nth degree of shine out of the car. And on a daily driver, that would get old quick. But you can also get the protective qualities of Zaino, and much of the shine, without much more effort than a parts store cleaner wax.

Here's one way to do it on a daily driver - take one day, and do your initial prep - dawn wash, clay, Z7 wash, then apply Z2, Z5, or Z-AIO, the fairly new Zaino product that is basically a cleaner wax. Now you're set. From there on out Just Z7 wash every week or two, and keep a microfiber cloth and a bottle of Z6 in the car to remove bird poop before it etches. This should leave you with a daily driver cleaner than most, and a good layer of paint protection. Maintain with a coat of Z-AIO, or Z2 or Z5 as needed - you'll be able to tell when the water doesn't bead anymore and the paint isn't as slick when Z7washing/Z6quick detailng.