: My New Blue '92!

IndyBrougham
03-12-09, 10:03 AM
Here it is!

Nearly mint condition '92 D'Elegance the day I got it! 98,500 miles, 5.0, drives just like it has 30,000 miles. I've been working on cleaning it now that the weather is getting warmer.

Car spent all its life until '06 in Florida, the guy who bought it then did a laundry list of about 30 little repairs - power antenna, new front end, seat motor, etc - (he kept a list) so that everything works, which was rarely the case when they were new, as I recall! Lol!

Next up after detailing is taking care of that scary steering wheel, get a stereo with a CD player, maybe a set of cadillac wires.

96Fleetwood
03-12-09, 10:34 AM
Congrats! Looks amazing! :thumbsup:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-12-09, 12:20 PM
Wow, that looks familiar (same color as mine). :)

The D'Elegance ones are rare and I would love to have the button seats in mine.

mjs182004
03-12-09, 03:39 PM
Looks sharp man!

creeker
03-12-09, 05:10 PM
Here it is!

Nearly mint condition '92 D'Elegance the day I got it! 98,500 miles, 5.0, drives just like it has 30,000 miles. I've been working on cleaning it now that the weather is getting warmer.

Car spent all its life until '06 in Florida, the guy who bought it then did a laundry list of about 30 little repairs - power antenna, new front end, seat motor, etc - (he kept a list) so that everything works, which was rarely the case when they were new, as I recall! Lol!

Next up after detailing is taking care of that scary steering wheel, get a stereo with a CD player, maybe a set of cadillac wires.

Very nice,I'm jealous.I've been looking off and on for 2 years for a 90-92 brougham, I didn't know till now that there was such a thing as a brougham de'elegance, I looked it up in my car book and it shows a de.el., but it doesn't give a breakdown on how many de.el. were produced,
Have you noticed the price on the 90-92 broughams is going up.Wires would be great.

Have fun.

IndyBrougham
03-12-09, 05:39 PM
Thanks,

I don't know about the prices going up, I know some people ask outrageous amounts for Broughams like this. I was very lucky this guy was right here in Indianapolis. For the record, $3250 took it home.

Incidentally, I took this to a custom interior shop the guy there said take care of that interior! In leather, it is probably a $2-4,000 job to re-create it. Could that be true? By the way he can replace the vinyl top with the exact color, grain and double seams for $550 installed. I thought that was pretty good.