: 100K warranty

iamstr8fire
07-06-04, 12:12 PM
I purchased a 97 deville d'elegance a month ago and the dealer said I have a 100,000 mile engine warranty. Does anyone know anything about this? What does it cover? Where can I find out more?

Quadrasteer
07-08-04, 08:06 PM
I bought a '99 De'Elegance a few years ago and it was GM Certified. They gave me 80k instead of the 50k that it came from the factory with. The Certified program gives the dealers a list of things that need to be inspected on a used car before GM will certify the car. In later years they gave 100k mi. From what I know it's an extension of the original warranty. They used to charge between $300. and $500. or sometimes add it into the $ of the car and use it as a sales tool. At one time they gave the customer a certificate and info about the coverage. You had to go to a Certifed Dealer to get it done because not all dealers were allowed to certify a car. Other GM divisions have it too but it does not add as many miles or months to the warranty the way Caddy does (or did, not sure if they do it any more). If you give any dealer your vin # they can tell you if it's Certified or not.