: A.R. Headers Pics And Dyno Results!!!

Am. Racing Headers
03-11-09, 09:05 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for their patience. We finally got it done today and we thought these photo’s and dyno results may peak your interest. Like I said on another thread, other than the stock mufflers, (which happen to work really well not to mention sound great), the balance of the factory system is at best really restricted. We expected good gains throughout the rpm range and that’s exactly what we got. The dyno graph represents our 1-7/8” header system installed ONLY. This is with no tune, the stock air box and a 2lb. boost loss.

An important thing to note is we were able to gain back almost a full pound of boost when we installed Hennessey’s Cold Air Kit, which picked the power up to 522 RW and torque to 490 TQ. This brought the overall boost to 8lbs. In stock trim we had 9lbs. Clearly our header system needs a CAI to function at peak efficiency but we expected that. We also expected the boost loss but thanks to Hennessey that’s easily remedied. Note, we did lean it from 10.8 to 11.2 to get the final numbers. That’s the extent of the tuning.

At idle and cruise the drivability and sound are near stock. When you lay into it the sound comes to life as it should. The great news for guys who are very sound conscious is THERE IS NO DRONE! The system is 100% made in the U.S. using 304 S/S throughout. This eliminates any need for coatings. Because the factory system isn’t flanged there’s two easy cuts that need to be made to the factory pipes by the rear axle and our system simply slips over and clamps on. There is no welding necessary. The install is fairly simple and can be accomplished in 5 hours or less. Other than removing the steering shaft, both headers easily slide in. Plug access and ignition wire clearance is excellent. The next step will be adding additional boost. The target is 11lbs. total. What that nets in RWHP remains to be seen but 580-600RW would be nice. Enjoy.

Nick

http://i44.tinypic.com/29bj0h.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/330bwbp.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/jjbf9d.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/20960ko.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/23m7be1.jpg

Luna.
03-11-09, 09:25 PM
Very, very cool. I can see now that it's not just bolting on headers, but a near-complete system.

Very interested, not only in the header system, but also the CAI (on the V1s, CAIs didn't do a whole lot, but it appears different here)

Couple quick questions (from a guy that hasn't had a car with headers since about '94, so bear with me...:))

1. Clearance issues. I haven't climbed under my car to compare to the photos, but is there any loss of clearance, say, to the ground? In other words, I used to have that issue with headers before (scraping the ground easily).

2. Do I have to tighten the header bolts (seemingly) every other week? That got old, really fast.

3. Any possible issues throwing codes or anything?

Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks

aceofblitz
03-11-09, 09:27 PM
I really like the workmanship on the headers... top quality stuff right there!
How does the car sound when you do some "spirited driving" that isn't WOT? 1-10 (1 being stock silence - 10 being ear piercing)
So would you strongly suggest that one should add a pulley + intake for if they ever want to take advantage of the headers?
seems like too much of a hassle for me, but seems like that's how forced induction engines operate.
Thanks for the informative post and I look forward to you hitting the 580-600rwhp mark with a proper setup.

BTW my brother owns a Dyno Dynamics, the horsepower outputs always seem to be slightly lower than the Dynojet numbers from what I've seen. If your dyno's load is similar to the one over here, then I'm thoroughly impressed by the numbers.

Cheers

thebigjimsho
03-11-09, 10:16 PM
looks good...

LV_V
03-11-09, 10:22 PM
Now THAT is a slick system. Good job!

I am surprised that you recouped 2 lbs of boost with a CAI. Any more details on why this would happen?

Luna.
03-11-09, 10:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doing a pulley swap to bring the boost back to where it approximately was before should have basicallly no impact (i.e. no additional stress) on the pistons than as if it was stock, yes?

REDIMIX
03-11-09, 10:58 PM
No stress just horsepower.The boost only gained 1psi with the cai. Stock was 9psi hope to set it at 11psi.

musclesbmf
03-11-09, 11:11 PM
System looks great but disappointed that they still pinched the drivers side pipe down post cat. I love that they got rid of 2 of the 4 cats. That alone is good for some power. Would love to hear some sound clips...

Mark

RapidRob
03-11-09, 11:14 PM
Looks very nice indeed!

Are you planning a crank pully swap to get the boost up to 11?

Rob

Am. Racing Headers
03-11-09, 11:49 PM
Guys, I'm glad you like what you see. To answer a few questions. The ground clearance is excellent. The cats are about even with the bottom of the trans pan. You'll need to destroy the undercarraige to affect the exhaust. Header bolts will not back out. We've never had a single GM based header system we produce (and there's quite a few) need re-torqueing. We highly recommend re-using the factory bolts. With regards to codes, these systems are like every other system we produce, tuning is highly recommended which eliminates the possibility of codes in the process not to mention the added power tuning delivers. The drivers side pipe leading to the X-pipe needs to be ovaled for additional ground clearance but keep in mind that we're ovaling a 3" pipe, not crushing a 2-1/2" pipe like the factory did. We also eliminated the nasty crushed pipes located further back where the cross bracket is located. Our goal was to maintain the same ground clearance as the trans pan.

"Spirited" driving gives you a throatier sound but not obnoxious. When you're rowing through the gears the people around you will know you're packing a punch yet when you're cruising it'll sound almost stock. This of course is with the factory mufflers that I feel are more than up to the task.

Nick

Am. Racing Headers
03-11-09, 11:50 PM
RapidRob, Yes, a pulley swap is next. Stay tuned.

Nick

Luna.
03-12-09, 12:36 AM
Guys, I'm glad you like what you see. To answer a few questions. The ground clearance is excellent. The cats are about even with the bottom of the trans pan. You'll need to destroy the undercarraige to affect the exhaust. Header bolts will not back out. We've never had a single GM based header system we produce (and there's quite a few) need re-torqueing. We highly recommend re-using the factory bolts. With regards to codes, these systems are like every other system we produce, tuning is highly recommended which eliminates the possibility of codes in the process not to mention the added power tuning delivers. The drivers side pipe leading to the X-pipe needs to be ovaled for additional ground clearance but keep in mind that we're ovaling a 3" pipe, not crushing a 2-1/2" pipe like the factory did. We also eliminated the nasty crushed pipes located further back where the cross bracket is located. Our goal was to maintain the same ground clearance as the trans pan.

"Spirited" driving gives you a throatier sound but not obnoxious. When you're rowing through the gears the people around you will know you're packing a punch yet when you're cruising it'll sound almost stock. This of course is with the factory mufflers that I feel are more than up to the task.

Nick

Thanks for your thoughts Nick. Very, very interested here.

My only question to the above is...what if we want obnoxious?? :lildevil:

RapidRob, Yes, a pulley swap is next. Stay tuned.

Nick

Is this a crankpulley swap or a blower pulley swap? I last left off with the idea that the blower pulley swap not being recommended, but I think others have had some success doing that, so I'm a little confused.

Thanks

CadV
03-12-09, 12:39 AM
Thanks for your thoughts Nick. Very, very interested here.

Is this a crankpulley swap or a blower pulley swap? I last left off with the idea that the blower pulley swap not being recommended, but I think others have had some success doing that, so I'm a little confused.

Thanks

Blower puller requires a press and trust me it is a uber pain in the ass. Crank is a bolt on and easy to do.

GM-4-LIFE
03-12-09, 12:52 AM
Nick,

HOW MUCH for the complete set with high flow cats????

SG

musclesbmf
03-12-09, 10:49 AM
Nick,

HOW MUCH for the complete set with high flow cats????

SG

Ditto...

Cadillac Tony
03-12-09, 11:23 AM
System looks great but disappointed that they still pinched the drivers side pipe down post cat.

Mark

If you look under the car with the exhaust installed, you'll see why they did it. That driver's side undercarriage is tight.

I'd say if you want loud, ditch the factory mufflers for some Magnaflows. I tried 4 different mufflers on my 2004, and the Magnaflows had the deepest, richest sound. Since ARH is building a nearly full exhaust, I'd order the Magnaflows from Jeg's or Summit, have an exhaust shop install them and transfer the factory tips from the stock canisters to the MFs.

Headers/X-pipe/Magnaflows on an LSA should = :D:D:D:D:D

LV_V
03-12-09, 12:08 PM
If you look under the car with the exhaust installed, you'll see why they did it. That driver's side undercarriage is tight.

I'd say if you want loud, ditch the factory mufflers for some Magnaflows. I tried 4 different mufflers on my 2004, and the Magnaflows had the deepest, richest sound. Since ARH is building a nearly full exhaust, I'd order the Magnaflows from Jeg's or Summit, have an exhaust shop install them and transfer the factory tips from the stock canisters to the MFs.

Headers/X-pipe/Magnaflows on an LSA should = :D:D:D:D:D

I can't wait until the videos start showing up with headers, x-pipe, and straight pipes on the 09V :bouncy:

colbachlaw
03-12-09, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the hard work and bringing the headers to market so quickly.

I would be real interested in knowing the boost and HP with the headers, CAI, tune, and a new pulley.

That would be fairly cheap package that should put down some big numbers for $3K or less and not hurt drivability too much.

When this is 100% sorted and Jesse has a mailorder tune to match, count me in.

I wonder how long my auto tranny is going to last with an extra 100 HP?

Mike C

Am. Racing Headers
03-12-09, 12:47 PM
Guys, Systems have been pre-ordered from Hennessey. I would contact them ASAP for pricing. We'll be initially working with Hennessey to help get these systems out to market. As some of you know Hennessey is well ahead of the curve with regards to performance packages for the new V and our systems compliment what they already offer really well.

Nick

Am. Racing Headers
03-12-09, 12:56 PM
Guys, These cars are very much like the Shelby GT500 that for a couple of years now have been getting the same packages; Headers, Cai, pulley and tune. They easily see 100 rwhp gains with hardly a change in drivability. This will be the case with the new CTS-V as well.

Nick

Razorecko
03-12-09, 01:01 PM
^ like someone said. The real question will be with the 6psd auto durability. 100hp extra is alot on a factory slushbox.

Dave Golder
03-12-09, 01:37 PM
Guys, Systems have been pre-ordered from Hennessey. I would contact them ASAP for pricing. We'll be initially working with Hennessey to help get these systems out to market. As some of you know Hennessey is well ahead of the curve with regards to performance packages for the new V and our systems compliment what they already offer really well.

Nick

Thanks Nick! Guys we have systems on order with Nick. He expects to ship within the next few weeks. Below is the link to order the headers. We are honoring Nicks pricing on these awesome headers. We are also going to be using these headers on our packages instead of using the custom headers we have been building. Very similar to what we are building but we can save some fab time by just buying them. We will also package them with a combined discount with our Cold Air Intake than Nick used on his car. That will also be on our store within the hour.

http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/hpeststlotuh.html

You can pre-order a system and we will not charge your card until Nick is ready to ship.

Dave Golder
03-12-09, 04:10 PM
Thanks Nick! Guys we have systems on order with Nick. He expects to ship within the next few weeks. Below is the link to order the headers. We are honoring Nicks pricing on these awesome headers. We are also going to be using these headers on our packages instead of using the custom headers we have been building. Very similar to what we are building but we can save some fab time by just buying them. We will also package them with a combined discount with our Cold Air Intake than Nick used on his car. That will also be on our store within the hour.

http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/hpeststlotuh.html

You can pre-order a system and we will not charge your card until Nick is ready to ship.

Below is the link that combines the Cold Air Intake and the American Racing Headers.

http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/lotuhecoairi.html

Razorecko
03-12-09, 04:16 PM
Hey AR did you do these mods/dyno on a 6spd auto or a 6spd manual v2 ?

jasaero
03-12-09, 06:20 PM
^ like someone said. The real question will be with the 6psd auto durability. 100hp extra is alot on a factory slushbox.

It should be pretty reliable. It's the same slush box as the 620hp ZR1. That's only about 30 over that mark and I am sure they expect slush box ZR1 owners to be modding also. It's a heavier car though I guess, but doesn't seem to far beyond what they probably designed this transmission to take. This particular slushbox model is ONLY in the most highly tuned cars and most likely to be upgraded cars GM has out. Think it's in the GXP also.

RapidRob
03-12-09, 07:39 PM
The OEM system has 4 cats, and 2 of the cats are eliminated in AR system it appears. In the OE system, are all of the cats monitored? And if they are, the AR system must be using simulators, (or equivalent), to prevent codes, etc., from happening. Is this going to cause emission testing problems in certain states?

Rob

Am. Racing Headers
03-12-09, 07:59 PM
RapidRod, What you think are secondary cats are actually resonators. The primary cats are monitored and that's it. I believe the trans can handle a great deal more than 100 additional hp. Fact is the trans in the G8's are handling almost 700RW in some supercharged applications I'm familiar with.

Nick

Richie18
03-12-09, 08:03 PM
It's all about torque, not HP.

CSX
03-12-09, 08:17 PM
It should be pretty reliable. It's the same slush box as the 620hp ZR1. That's only about 30 over that mark and I am sure they expect slush box ZR1 owners to be modding also. It's a heavier car though I guess, but doesn't seem to far beyond what they probably designed this transmission to take. This particular slushbox model is ONLY in the most highly tuned cars and most likely to be upgraded cars GM has out. Think it's in the GXP also.

Umm...there's no such thing as an automatic ZR1. Not from the factory.

Razorecko
03-12-09, 08:41 PM
^ yep. There is NO automatic for the ZR1. I've mentioned before that if the automatic was rugged enough to handle 620hp than they'd probaly have it in the new gen z06 and ZR1. Not only that but the 6spd auto would generate more heat than a 5 or 4 speed built auto. Time will tell but this is my consensus. If you plan on modding over 50-70hp+ you should get a manual.

REDIMIX
03-12-09, 09:37 PM
My car has an automatic and this will be the test mule because i beat the shit out of my car's. I'll keep you posted.

NormV
03-13-09, 06:53 AM
Right on! Where's heavyc when you need him? Looking Camaros now...

Norm

It's all about torque, not HP.

Mikels
03-13-09, 09:07 AM
RapidRod, What you think are secondary cats are actually resonators.
Nick

They are, in fact, catalysts. CTSV uses a 4 cat system. I'll let you decide what CARB and EPA think of eliminating them.

Am. Racing Headers
03-13-09, 12:42 PM
Mike, They are called bottle resonators, at least that's what the engineer that designed the system calls them. Believe it or not I just got off the phone with him. The V only has 2 cats.

wait4me
03-13-09, 01:58 PM
Am racing is correct. They are a low restriction bottle resonator set. The same as used on the 2009 dodge challenger to increase throaty ness with the stock pos exhaust.

NormV
03-13-09, 02:13 PM
This wasn't discussed at you SAE convention?! :)

Norm

They are, in fact, catalysts. CTSV uses a 4 cat system. I'll let you decide what CARB and EPA think of eliminating them.

Mikels
03-13-09, 02:16 PM
Mike, They are called bottle resonators, at least that's what the engineer that designed the system calls them. Believe it or not I just got off the phone with him. The V only has 2 cats.

I am telling you this as a favor - the V is a 4 cat system (trust me on this) and you are advertising an emission control defeat system for sale - you don't want to go there. (remember what happened to O2 simulators?)

Partial volume monitoring utilizes multiple catalysts - CTSV does it with 2 catalysts per bank. Some Ford products do it with 2 bricks in same housing (2nd O2 sensor in middle of cat housing).

Just because it is not monitored does not mean it is not a catalyst.

They were not added for sound or anything else - they are there as part of emission control system for the V

Am. Racing Headers
03-13-09, 07:26 PM
Mike, I appreciate the heads up. We create these systems to serve one purpose, eliminate the stifling stranglehold the manufacturers are forced to place on these otherwise amazing engines. The factory system is one of the worst we've seen on any domestic. If these engines weren't supercharged I'm convinced they'd be down 50 hp because of this exhaust system. Our systems clearly are not for everyone. We make no claim that they meet .gov requirements even though they come equipped with all the necessary emissions fittings and cats. Those that wish to take their HP and TQ to a whole new level are free to do so by adding our system.

Nick

haterinc
03-13-09, 08:51 PM
Vroooom vroooom F the rules. Restrictions are good in volume for the masses but for the enthusiast? Look the other way lol

NormV
03-13-09, 09:04 PM
Quick switch of hats from Mr. SAE to Mr. EPA! Gentlemen, he has them all including Mr. OEM! :)

Norm

I am telling you this as a favor - the V is a 4 cat system (trust me on this) and you are advertising an emission control defeat system for sale - you don't want to go there. (remember what happened to O2 simulators?)

Partial volume monitoring utilizes multiple catalysts - CTSV does it with 2 catalysts per bank. Some Ford products do it with 2 bricks in same housing (2nd O2 sensor in middle of cat housing).

Just because it is not monitored does not mean it is not a catalyst.

They were not added for sound or anything else - they are there as part of emission control system for the V

Luna.
03-13-09, 09:36 PM
Nick,

I understand the smog issue and I can deal with that. But I don't want any code errors popping up like mad. Do you see any issues there?

RapidRob
03-13-09, 10:51 PM
Nick,

I understand the smog issue and I can deal with that. But I don't want any code errors popping up like mad. Do you see any issues there?

And/or emission testing issues. I'm all for free flowing exhausts as well, but if I get hassled/fined each time the testers in my state stick their thingy, (sniffers), up my tail pipes, :eek:, and it fails the test when it's time to renew lic. tabs, that will get old real fast.

Rob

undertaker
03-13-09, 10:58 PM
Nick,

realistically anything can be bypassed with a tune....

and in general, I'm glad you guys are impressed, Nick makes great stuff, luckily for me he's local, when I feel the need I drive over have lunch at the shop and leave a few dollars lighter with some nice stainless steel in the back of the suburban for my latest project

Am. Racing Headers
03-14-09, 12:33 AM
Luna, Engine lights are a non issue with a good tune which we highly recommend with every header install.

Undertaker, Thanks for representing. Stop by when you have some time.

Nick

Luna.
03-14-09, 12:54 AM
Luna, Engine lights are a non issue with a good tune which we highly recommend with every header install.

Undertaker, Thanks for representing. Stop by when you have some time.

Nick

Re-tuning it after the header install is a given... :cool2:

Now I just need to contemplate the loss in boost due to the headers, increasing the boost with a pulley, and it's impact on the stock pistons. My gut reaction is that they would be fine, as they shouldn't have any additional cylinder pressure, but I'm also tempted to just install forged pistons to be safe.

Short-Throw
03-14-09, 01:45 AM
Quick switch of hats from Mr. SAE to Mr. EPA! Gentlemen, he has them all including Mr. OEM! :)

Norm

Norm,

White flag waving :)....just trying to understand.......

It seems Mikels has clarified and shared truthful facts with us. I welcome that kind of info considering all the misinformation (sometimes deliberate, sometimes not) that gets posted on car forums.

RapidRod, What you think are secondary cats are actually resonators.
Nick

They are, in fact, catalysts. CTSV uses a 4 cat system.

I believe in this case Nick made an assumption or got erroneous info. Either way no harm intended I'm sure. :thumbsup:

The factory system is one of the worst we've seen on any domestic.
Nick

If these engines weren't supercharged I'm convinced they'd be down 50 hp because of this exhaust system.
Nick

Nick,

I'm all for people modding their cars and getting REAL benefit, and I also understand marketing, but come on, these two statements are a little far fetched, no?

I've enjoyed aftermarket exhaust systems for decades because of the great sounds they have offered. I've yet to see one show any SIGNIFICANT gain on an honest dyno. I'm speaking sans headers here.

Please tell me what you've found for the kPa back-pressure stock? What kPa delta do you feel to gain 1 HP is required? With long tubes and eliminating the second CAT along with a 'prayer' maybe we can halve the kPa. That still doesn't amount for anything considerably measurable.

I've modded almost every performance car I've owned in some fashion or another.

I'm honestly asking what I'm missing here???????

I'm still willing to set up a track day for CTS-V owners at my club to see real world differences if there's enough interest.

Mike

Am. Racing Headers
03-14-09, 01:09 PM
Mike, We did not measure kilopascals prior to disassembly. One look at what the factory (is forced to) equip these vehicles was enough to warrant an exhaust upgrade. Look at the dyno results alone. I stand by my statement that the factory system is highly restrictive and that a normally aspirated LS3 would be down at least50 HP with this system. With regards to the secondary cats, MikeL was right and I stand corrected. We have the system here and we did a little "investigating". I'll be in contact with the engineer on Monday for further clarification. He called them bottle resonators and I'm wondering if GM used them partially for that purpose. Mike I'm not sure if you own the new CTS-V but if you do, please get it up on a lift and have a look. I promise you a good laugh while you're scratching your head.

Nick

haterinc
03-14-09, 05:27 PM
not to mention w4m picked up 18 dyno hp just by removing the exhaust...

Hogg
03-14-09, 09:24 PM
I wouldnt be too concerned will regaining lost boost due to a less restrictive exhaust. Boost is a measure of resistance through a system.

I would rather have 6 psi of boost through a low restriction setup, than 9 psi of boost through a restrictive setup, all else equal.

Folks get 2 caught up on boost numbers. A loss of boost by removing restrictions NEVER results in power loss.

Always judge mods by trap speed or dyno numbers, not boost numbers.

peace
Hog

thebigjimsho
03-16-09, 02:36 PM
I wouldnt be too concerned will regaining lost boost due to a less restrictive exhaust. Boost is a measure of resistance through a system.

I would rather have 6 psi of boost through a low restriction setup, than 9 psi of boost through a restrictive setup, all else equal.

Folks get 2 caught up on boost numbers. A loss of boost by removing restrictions NEVER results in power loss.

Always judge mods by trap speed or dyno numbers, not boost numbers.

peace
HogBingo!

Razorecko
03-16-09, 05:36 PM
heck if you can drop 2psi after some mods and still gain hp thats great. That means you can add the 2psi to stock level with a pulley and make even more power will still pushing the blower to its general oem limit.

JTHennessey
03-21-09, 04:10 PM
Direct Link to American Racing Headers (http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/hpeststlotuh.html)

We look forward to getting these headers out to the forum members asap. Feel free to call me at the shop if there is anything you need.

979-885-1300

Thanks
James

colbachlaw
03-21-09, 04:15 PM
James,

Thanks for the link.

You just sold one more pair.

The PayPal payment option is a great idea, as it makes it a piece of cake to buy them.

Can't wait to pick up my car so I have something to bolt them to.

Mike C

JTHennessey
03-21-09, 04:24 PM
James,

Thanks for the link.

You just sold one more pair.

The PayPal payment option is a great idea, as it makes it a piece of cake to buy them.

Can't wait to pick up my car so I have something to bolt them to.

Mike C

Mike:

Thank you for the business and we look forward to getting you a tracking number asap. When do you pick the car up?

James

Tasos
03-22-09, 04:16 PM
I would love to do the full header/exhaust system, but now after reading this thread I am left with a few concerns. Maintaining the factory warranty is of great importance to me. I understand that the exhaust won't be covered under warranty, but the issue with codes bothers me. I planned on purchasing a tuned ECM from W4M and exchanging it with the factory one everytime I had warranty work done, but now will the computer throw a code when I put the factory ecm in for servicing? Everyone knows how GM has more recently been looking for reasons to void warranties.

colbachlaw
03-22-09, 06:01 PM
James,

I pick up my V from Superior Cadillac on 4/3.

Once I get it home, the CAI, Jesse's tune, and the headers go on and then it is off to the dyno.

Would you recommend coating the headers?

Mike C

JTHennessey
03-23-09, 11:42 AM
I would love to do the full header/exhaust system, but now after reading this thread I am left with a few concerns. Maintaining the factory warranty is of great importance to me. I understand that the exhaust won't be covered under warranty, but the issue with codes bothers me. I planned on purchasing a tuned ECM from W4M and exchanging it with the factory one everytime I had warranty work done, but now will the computer throw a code when I put the factory ecm in for servicing? Everyone knows how GM has more recently been looking for reasons to void warranties.

Manufacturers such as American Racing and professional shops like ours work very hard to insure the items can be installed with no concerns. Concerns do include Check Engine Light not being on and the car not going lean. If you have a stock ecm, you will be fine. If you have a tuned ECM, let the tuner know you do have Long Tube Headers & High Flow Cats.

If you are concerned about your warranty, become familiar with the Magnuson-Moss Act... Wiki Information for a General Overview. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act)

JTHennessey
03-23-09, 11:43 AM
James,

I pick up my V from Superior Cadillac on 4/3.

Once I get it home, the CAI, Jesse's tune, and the headers go on and then it is off to the dyno.

Would you recommend coating the headers?

Mike C

Coating the headers will help with the heat under the engine bay, however unless you are tracking the vehicle, you may not see any benefits.

Speak to you soon,
James

SSideways
03-28-09, 04:04 AM
Nick,

Do you also have a complete 3" mid pipe section, to use with a Corsa exhaust.

I noticed on Hennessey webpage it's 3" to 2.5" to mount to stock exhaust.

thanks DC

Am. Racing Headers
03-30-09, 01:01 PM
Nick,

Do you also have a complete 3" mid pipe section, to use with a Corsa exhaust.

I noticed on Hennessey webpage it's 3" to 2.5" to mount to stock exhaust.

thanks DC

SSideways, I'd check again with Corsa. I'm pretty sure their system at the very least starts off at 2-1/2". Our system ends at the rear axle. I need to check where their system starts. If theirs starts further back then a portion of the factory 2-1/2" pipes will need to be used.

Nick

JTHennessey
03-30-09, 07:29 PM
Nick... We will have the Official Corsa in our hands tomorrow and will advise you as soon as we have images...

Talk to you soon

GMX322V S/C
04-03-09, 02:53 AM
...With regards to the secondary cats, MikeL was right and I stand corrected. We have the system here and we did a little "investigating". I'll be in contact with the engineer on Monday for further clarification. He called them bottle resonators and I'm wondering if GM used them partially for that purpose...Nick, were you able to clarify the matter further? Are you going to be incorporating all 4 cats, at least as an option, for those of us in the CARB state (and other states that have adopted/will be adopting CARB standards)?

SSideways
04-06-09, 07:28 AM
Nick,

will you offer a complete 3" system?

thanks

Luna.
04-06-09, 04:23 PM
Nick,

thanks

Glad you asked this question, as I was thinking about this as well. For as much HP as the LSA generates, shouldn't we WANT a 3" system? I guess I'd raise an eyebrow, if not be outright disappointed, if the entire system wasn't 3". I read somewhere that once you exceed 450 rwhp (was it? :hmm: Something like that), you wanted to go with a 3" system.

Am. Racing Headers
04-07-09, 03:06 PM
Nick,

thanks

SSideways, We can build the system in 3" if we had to. We believe you'll produce better all around performance with the system the way we built it. The critical areas (most restricted) of the system are now breathing freely and downsizing the system where we did will increases exhaust temps further back in the system to maintain velocity in the system. If you plan on really turning up the boost to produce 750 or more RWHP then we can increase the intermediate pipe size.

Nick

SSideways
04-07-09, 04:46 PM
Nick,
the reason I'm asking is because what documented on hennessey website for the corsa exhaust is:

• Straight-through, 3” nonrestrictive design specifically tuned for the Cadillac CTS-V.

which turns out to a frankenstein system 3" to 2.5" back to 3" which equals more modification. So It would be wise to have a 3" and 2.5" mid pipes to be feasible with any type of exhaust system.

thanks Darren

GMX322V S/C
04-16-09, 08:01 PM
Nick, were you able to clarify the matter further? Are you going to be incorporating all 4 cats, at least as an option, for those of us in the CARB state (and other states that have adopted/will be adopting CARB standards)?So...I take the lack of a response as a NO?

Am. Racing Headers
04-21-09, 07:49 PM
GMX322V, At this time we have no plans to offer a system that re-uses anything but the factory mufflers. Our system is built to work as a unit. If you take a close look at what the original system looks like you'll understand that using any of it is counter productive. BTW, I'm told the Corsa is 2-1/2" to the muffler but I need to confirm this.

Nick