: American racing header's dyno results

REDIMIX
03-11-09, 05:57 PM
The result's are in 469.6 rwhp 440.1 rwtq starting point.After headers and air intake 522 rwhp 490.5 rwtq.

musclesbmf
03-11-09, 06:17 PM
The result's are in 469.6 rwhp 440.1 rwtq starting point.After headers and air intake 522 rwhp 490.5 rwtq.

Can you post the graph? people get to caught up in peak numbers when the numbers that are important is the area under the curve. If you could post it up that would be great.
Also, what is this air intake you are referring to?
And one final thing... Was any tuning done on the dyno, or are those strictly gains from headers and intake? Any pics would be great too.

Thanks,
Mark

whisler151
03-11-09, 07:35 PM
Video of idle and revs?

Congrats!

Luna.
03-11-09, 07:36 PM
And one final thing... Was any tuning done on the dyno, or are those strictly gains from headers and intake? Any pics would be great too.

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks Mark, I was going to ask the same thing. My car generated about near-identical numbers, both stock, as well as after tune, except I don't have headers, nor an air intake.

No disrespect intended, I'm just very skepical about headers, by themselves, adding much power. If they are still running through the same cat-back exhaust, I think the gains will be minimal. Increase the RPM, open up the exhaust, etc., yeah, I think headers can really help. But just placing them on with nothing else? I'm not so sure...

Am. Racing Headers
03-11-09, 08:54 PM
Luna, There's a post going up shortly that explains everything we did and what we achieved. The numbers above are with a very slight leaning in the A/F only. No timing changes and there's a full lb. of boost loss. Before the Hennessey CAI went on we were down 2 full lbs. There's no doubt in my mind we'll see a minimum of 580 RW with a complete tune and a hint more boost.

Nick

REDIMIX
03-11-09, 09:29 PM
Hey guy's

I will post the graph tomorrow.The exact numbers were 469.2 rwhp and 440.5 rwtq stock.Next 1 7/8 headers high flow cats Xpipe all 3 inch down to 2 to at the mufflers.Then back to the dyno now the numbers are 496.8 rwhp and 471.3 rwtq these numbers are with a 2 to 2 1/2 psi loss in boost. Next Hennessy's cold air intake with k+n filter and drop of fuel removed nothing else.The air fuel was between 10.8 and 11.2 before then after 11.2 and 11.8Now the numbers are 522.0 rwhp and 490.5 rwtq still with a boost loss next week we will change the pulley and put the boost back most likley another 40 to 50 rwhp.I will let you know.

Richie18
03-12-09, 10:42 AM
Is this with a tune or not?

REDIMIX
03-12-09, 03:42 PM
Were it say's we took a drop of fuel out that's the only tune.

JBsZ06
03-13-09, 02:20 PM
I had to replace a set of crappy flp headers on my 01 z06 and after all my research I went with the american racing brand as the best quality and value.

If anyones doing headers the american racing brand is a high quality product that in my opinion is priced very well.

I was at the plant where they built these headers and it was very impressive.

Congrats on the American racing brand header performance improvement.

I remember on the corvette Z06 I had the installation was a breeze because of the careful design consideration given by the manufacturer.

Best thing for me was that the spark plug wires had plenty of room which the FLP headers I had earlier did not have..

Best aftermarket part I bought for my car was the american racing brand headers. Nice product.

JB

FikseGTS
03-14-09, 01:06 PM
graph?

JTHennessey
03-21-09, 04:12 PM
I am sure Nick has been very busy trying to get the components ready to fulfull all the orders...

If you would like to order the package as described above, click over to our Hennessey Performance Store (http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/lotuhecoairi.html)

Thanks,
James