: What about this look? (Pics)

trambow
03-11-09, 04:33 PM
Have been thinking about what you guys said about all black, what if I did this? Took D3 cadi and did a little photoshop, they had chrome grill painted around the side but the top was still chrome. I painted the top grill part black in photoshop. If I went this route the I would not have to mess with that bottom grille. I would also just remove the top chrome grill piece, not paint it. What do you guys think?

AlmostAV
03-11-09, 04:39 PM
you would have a hole in your hood from where the trim piece was....and that would look ridiculous

however if you wanted to spend alot of money you could eliminate the trim and get everything flush, but it would take alot of bodywork and probably wouldnt come out looking as "oem" as you had hoped.

CadiBlk
03-11-09, 04:47 PM
corrected

trambow
03-11-09, 04:48 PM
Yeah I was wondering about that trim piece, I have seen a couple V's with it off. I wasn't sure how it was mounted on the hood. Well damn that sounds more expensive then I want to do. Might have to just paint it.:hmm:

AlmostAV
03-11-09, 05:00 PM
youve seen V's (plural) with that piece removed????

hmm....you sure about that?

814V
03-11-09, 05:03 PM
me likey that black one

trambow
03-11-09, 05:17 PM
Here are the pics might be the same car, hard to tell. If it is the same car will the owner of this beautiful V, please tell me how to get that trim piece off. I think this looks awsome.

AlmostAV
03-11-09, 05:32 PM
its just painted black in both of those pics....

deedubb
03-11-09, 05:37 PM
I think i see a faint trim piece there too. I'm going with "its just painted black in both of those pics" also.

trambow
03-11-09, 05:37 PM
Yeah, you could be right. I cant zoom very well on my computer. They did a damn good job of painting them then.

smokisnshellz
03-11-09, 05:54 PM
they are there on both i think it would look stupid with a missing trim piece. Joust black it out i think it does look cool.