: Picked up my V

Mearl
03-11-09, 01:43 PM
New to the forum and to owning a V. Just picked up the car yesterday and everything I have read on here was validated as soon as I really "drove" the car. Wheel hop sucks, B&M shifter, and skip shift eliminator have already been ordered.

Next will be the DIY wheel hop fix I saw on here.

Anyways thanks for all the info already, and glad to finally have one of my own!

also I have the fastest color....black on black incase you were wondering

MauiV
03-11-09, 01:46 PM
There is no such thing as a wheel hop "fix" with this IRS except staying off the throddle in 1st and 2nd.

And congrats and welcome!!

814V
03-11-09, 01:53 PM

:fail:

:welcome: :thumbsup:

ccextra1976
03-11-09, 02:09 PM
:welcome::postpics:

stuckey
03-11-09, 02:14 PM
:welcome::postpics:

:yeah:

Mearl
03-11-09, 02:14 PM
Pics will come this weekend. I don't think the people I bought it off have washed this thing since it was bought back in 04. Also, the rear bumper needs re-painted and the grills are getting powder coated black.

perfect
03-11-09, 02:19 PM
where are you from?

liqidvenom
03-11-09, 09:22 PM
hello and welcome. I learned if you are gentle with the throttle in 1/2 gear you could get the rear to barely spin and keep the hop away. Aside form that this is the best car i have ever owned

shadybx7
03-11-09, 10:46 PM
Also, the rear bumper needs re-painted and the grills are getting powder coated black. :thumbsup: Black :v:'s should come with this stock

trukk
03-11-09, 10:55 PM
Welcome on board!

Remember:

Nothing looks better than a clean black CTS-V
Nothing looks worse than a dirty black CTS-V
Black CTS-V's only stay clean for about .0004535 seconds.
Serioulsy though, I love the black ones, I just don't have the time to keep one clean, which is why I went sliver.

Time to start modding that sucker. I'd steer clear of the B&M and get either a KaTech of a UUC shifter. Whatever you decide, get the shifter bushings from Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac.

Don't be seduced by Maggie, she sucks, not blows. Keep her Naturaly Aspirated!

In the words of HeavyMetals: "YOU ARE DOOMED"!

-Chris

rand49er
03-12-09, 06:36 AM
... I don't think the people I bought it off have washed this thing since it was bought back in 04. ...Git a rope! :mob:

Oh, btw, WELCOME!

your maker
03-12-09, 06:58 AM
and let the modding being .............welcome

rlj5
03-12-09, 07:47 AM
New to the forum and to owning a V. Just picked up the car yesterday and everything I have read on here was validated as soon as I really "drove" the car. Wheel hop sucks, B&M shifter, and skip shift eliminator have already been ordered.

Next will be the DIY wheel hop fix I saw on here.

Anyways thanks for all the info already, and glad to finally have one of my own!

:welcome: to the forum,
a) The only fix for the wheel hop is total change (like changout to a 9")
You will be disappointed in the DIY fix if you do it !!
b) Don't understand the that black on black thing though ??

Enjoy your new ride, You'll love it more as time passes, even though it may be a love hate relationship

rlj5
03-12-09, 07:57 AM
I learned if you are gentle with the throttle in 1/2 gear you could get the rear to barely spin and keep the hop away

Dooo What ?????

Mearl
03-12-09, 09:01 AM
I am in Columbus Ohio. I have seen a few of these around town but don't personally know anyone else that owns one.

I doubt that gentle 1/2 shift would equal out to very good times at the strip.

Also I think I may have bought the highest mileage V around at 84K. This was a good deal for me though because with the money I saved I plan to pull the motor next winter and start building...

trukk
03-12-09, 09:23 AM
I am in Columbus Ohio. I have seen a few of these around town but don't personally know anyone else that owns one.

I doubt that gentle 1/2 shift would equal out to very good times at the strip.

Also I think I may have bought the highest mileage V around at 84K. This was a good deal for me though because with the money I saved I plan to pull the motor next winter and start building...

I've got 86k on mine. There are others well over 100k.

I'd rethink doing to much with this car at the strip...take it over to Mid-Ohio instead.

-Chris

MauiV
03-12-09, 10:03 AM
Drag strip + 4000lbs + a diff made out of Play-Doh = Not as fast as 400hp should be and broken parts.

trukk
03-12-09, 10:20 AM
Drag strip + 4000lbs + a diff made out of Play-Doh = Not as fast as 400hp should be and broken parts.

And that pretty much sums it up folks :D

-Chris

lollygagger8
03-12-09, 10:27 AM
My last one was made out of ceramic tile :lol:

6Speed
03-14-09, 09:42 AM
There is no such thing as a wheel hop "fix" with this IRS except staying off the throddle in 1st and 2nd.

And congrats and welcome!!

I just got mine too and believe me I have not had a wheel hop problem. I have layed down some nice ones too!!!

TKSFab
03-14-09, 10:24 AM
hello and welcome. I learned if you are gentle with the throttle in 1/2 gear you could get the rear to barely spin and keep the hop away. Aside form that this is the best car i have ever owned

Exactly what i do. The only time i've experienced the hop is in the rain. but i've had the car sideways going on to the on ramp more than once and the rear end was planted.

welcome, dont mention seat covers or suede and you'll be alright.

ps - mine has 83k miles :) haha

majoraward
03-14-09, 10:55 AM
The only control problem I've had with the V is self-control :)

Mearl
03-26-09, 12:59 PM
Got the car back from the body shop = had the rear bumper painted.

Also installed the b&m shifter and bushings, this car now feels like it should from the factory.

I am ordering the uuc motor mounts today, climbed under the car and my mounts don't have any of the fluid in them. Hopefully this will fix the way my motor shuts off and the huge thud from the engine bay when shifting from 1-2 or 2-3 on hard throttle.