: Muffler Delete or X-pipe, Poor kid wants a loud car.

yamablaster024
03-11-09, 01:16 PM
Yea I know I did the search And could not find anything pertaining to doing a muffler delete/ x-pipe. I simply just want to hear the exaust. Im not worried about road noise (i dont do much highway driving) or drone, and Ill be replacing it with a Corsa when I have the money. I just basically want to make the car sound like it actually has some balls. I have an extra exhaust to mess with so if all else fails ill throw stock back on. How much does each mod do (x-pipe, muffler delete) and how bad are they to do? I can weld and cut pipe, and I can have local shop bend me any mandrel bent pieces I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

heavymetals
03-11-09, 01:25 PM
Search is your friend and there are scads of exhaust related threads.

You want loud, gut the mufflers.

Not loud enough?

Saw out the resonator and install an X pipe (2.5 inch) from JEG's.

Still not loud enough?

Get a B&B exhaust system.

814V
03-11-09, 01:29 PM
muffler delete w/ k@n cai

i wanna do the x pipe as well

YouTube - exhaust

yamablaster024
03-11-09, 07:18 PM
Is that the delete or gut? How loud is the Gut?

814V
03-11-09, 07:55 PM
Is that the delete or gut? How loud is the Gut?

thats the delete..

deedubb
03-11-09, 08:01 PM
Someone on the other forum is arguing that cutting off the mufflers reduces power/back pressure and makes the V suffer compared to stock exhaust or aftermarket. I know there is not much if any difference between stock and an aftermarket cat back exhaust....what about muffler delete? any validity to his argument?

Vecstasy
03-11-09, 08:01 PM
I have no mufflers and just ordered the X pipe today. I am hoping to get it installed Saturday morning.

814V
03-11-09, 08:05 PM
I have no mufflers and just ordered the X pipe today. I am hoping to get it installed Saturday morning.

make sure you youtube that $hit

heavymetals
03-11-09, 08:09 PM
URBAN MYTH.

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_product/sue462/backpressuretorquemyth.htm

Someone on the other forum is arguing that cutting off the mufflers reduces power/back pressure and makes the V suffer compared to stock exhaust or aftermarket. I know there is not much if any difference between stock and an aftermarket cat back exhaust....what about muffler delete? any validity to his argument?

deedubb
03-11-09, 08:12 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks Heavy.

whisler151
03-11-09, 08:17 PM
KMajecki did back to back dyno runs with his cutouts open and closed. He gained several rwhp with them open. That shows that with the "lack of back pressure" you do not loose any rwhp.

heavymetals
03-11-09, 08:29 PM
You want a better example, look at drag racing motors.

They don't put restrictions in to make um go faster......:tisk:

yamablaster024
03-11-09, 09:28 PM
how loud is it? (delete) Anything its comparable to? I dont want ridiculous loud, but I want it loud.

814V
03-11-09, 09:30 PM
how loud is it? (delete) Anything its comparable to? I dont want ridiculous loud, but I want it loud.

umm... watch the video above

Vecstasy
03-11-09, 09:33 PM
I really don't know how loud it will be. I hope it is louder but not like holy crap loud.

ccextra1976
03-11-09, 09:39 PM

if you are looking to do it cheap, you only have a few choices...post up how much you wanna spend....

I got X-pipe installed for i think $120 bucks (x-pipe included) and while you are at shop have them cut the mufflers off and just weld in a new section...you can even cut the tips off you stock mufflers and use those...I would say the whole bill would be $200 max...

so X-pipe and strait exhaust will be loud but not ridiculous if it's too loud for you in the future buy two flowmaster or magnaflow mufflers only and weld those in

Nutz
03-11-09, 09:41 PM
Head down to Summit and pick up a set of Flowmaster Super 44's. Lose the res, swap the muffs on the back. Your done. Cheep way to get rumble with a small amount of drone. I can refer you to THE RIGHT shop off W.130th to do the work. Contact me if you want to stop by and here what they would sound like.

ccextra1976
03-11-09, 09:55 PM
Head down to Summit and pick up a set of Flowmaster Super 44's. Lose the res, swap the muffs on the back. Your done. Cheep way to get rumble with a small amount of drone. I can refer you to THE RIGHT shop off W.130th to do the work. Contact me if you want to stop by and here what they would sound like.

Nutz, any way you can post a vid? I've been seriously thinking bout cut'n my corsa mufflers off and doing the super 44's....my corsa pops and it drives me nuts!!!!! NO PUN....do your 44's pop in between gear shifts?

Nutz
03-11-09, 10:00 PM
Nutz, any way you can post a vid? I've been seriously thinking bout cut'n my corsa mufflers off and doing the super 44's....my corsa pops and it drives me nuts!!!!! NO PUN....do your 44's pop in between gear shifts?
More like a couple of faint "tin crackles". Tell me an easy way to take a vid clip off my drive and I'll post now. Don't really have the time for the youtube wait thing right now.

ccextra1976
03-11-09, 10:06 PM
More like a couple of faint "tin crackles". Tell me an easy way to take a vid clip off my drive and I'll post now. Don't really have the time for the youtube wait thing right now.

Damn I wish I knew..I've never inserted a video here...sh!t i don't even own a video camera lol

so does it have that deep classic flowmaster sound?

Nutz
03-11-09, 10:14 PM
Damn I wish I knew..I've never inserted a video here...sh!t i don't even own a video camera lol

so does it have that deep classic flowmaster sound?
Yes. A sound that is now being perfected by Mac Exhaust too. A sound that comes from chambers. Hit youtube and here them on some 05 and up mustangs. Cool stuff. While yer at it search CTS-V Flowmasters, there's a member here that has them on his car without the cats that sound wicked.

wgbanks
03-11-09, 10:14 PM
A local exhaust shop, not a franchise chain, cut out my mufflers, bent up replacement pipes, reused my stock tips and I was in and out in an hour and cost was less than $125. For me it was money well spent and the "V" sounds great. The best part was the initial start up after the work was done and the many "That sounds bad a$$" from the shop that day.

ccextra1976
03-11-09, 10:29 PM
Yes. A sound that is now being perfected by Mac Exhaust too. A sound that comes from chambers. Hit youtube and here them on some 05 and up mustangs. Cool stuff. While yer at it search CTS-V Flowmasters, there's a member here that has them on his car without the cats that sound wicked.

ya I saw that one cts-v and love it...i just didn't know if it was a super 44...it's the only one I found well cts-v wise....thank you for the info though:thumbsup:

Nutz
03-11-09, 10:34 PM
Super 44 is a short case muffler designed for behind the axle in a limited space area like we have. :thumbsup:

ccextra1976
03-11-09, 10:41 PM
Super 44 is a short case muffler designed for behind the axle in a limited space area like we have. :thumbsup:

Rog, it's also supposed to be the loudest:thumbsup:

yamablaster024
03-12-09, 12:33 PM
Just dropped it off at local exhaust shop. He said around 100 to re-use stock tips with no mufflers. We will see how it sounds

814V
03-12-09, 01:09 PM
Just dropped it off at local exhaust shop. He said around 100 to re-use stock tips with no mufflers. We will see how it sounds

thats not a bad deal.. you did good. i think i paid 80 at a wholesale price to get mine done. you wont regret it! :thumbsup:

1FASTSS
03-12-09, 05:37 PM
Here is a car with both x-pipe and muffler delete...sounds good.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2005-cts-v_634597.htm

I installed some SLP loudmouth muffler in mine and now am going to do the X-pipe. should be close to the same.