: Out of curiousity- why are the classifieds so dead??

ratbike1
03-11-09, 01:16 PM
I am a member of many, many different online forums- cars, trucks, motorcycles and so-on. All seem to have very active classifieds.
I love my Caddy and this forum is a wealth of knowledge with great members who are all very into their trucks and seem to like modding them.
So then why is the classified section so DEAD on this site?

pcguy760
03-11-09, 01:51 PM
Personally I think that most Caddy owners prefer to keep the stuff they "remove" from their vehicles (in the case of aftermarket parts) instead of selling it simply cos it's a Caddy :) hehe. I dunno, I am still sleepy so this is my sleepy opinion lol.

joee5
03-11-09, 02:52 PM
Whatcha lookin for? Ask and maybe someone will offer it to you. God Bless, Joe

ratbike1
03-11-09, 03:53 PM
Whatcha lookin for? Ask and maybe someone will offer it to you. God Bless, Joe

Nothing; and EVERYTHING at the same time Joe! :highfive:

shore
03-11-09, 09:04 PM
It's the layout fo the classified section IMO.It is difficult to place ads quickly.They have made it too complicated with too many steps.That just makes people lazy.No classified ads= no classified traffic.

It's a shame because classified usualy bring the top intial traffic in site numbers.

I buy/sell online a lot and have only placed two ads which left me with a less than hopeful outlook.

joee5
03-11-09, 11:39 PM
This economy keeps going the way it is and perhaps we'll see a classified boom. Hopefully not. We've lost enough already. :( God Bless,Joe

ZaC851
03-12-09, 08:50 AM
from what I've noticed between this forum and tahoeforum.com and many other car forums I'm on...cadillac owners dont seem to be modding alot of stuff on this site. either that or no one ever post how to guides, or just regular things they are doing to there truck except for a select few... So maybe they just dont have any spare parts to sell :dunno:

ratbike1
03-12-09, 08:59 AM
It's the layout fo the classified section IMO.It is difficult to place ads quickly.They have made it too complicated with too many steps.That just makes people lazy.No classified ads= no classified traffic.

It's a shame because classified usualy bring the top intial traffic in site numbers.

I buy/sell online a lot and have only placed two ads which left me with a less than hopeful outlook.

I think I'm going to have to agree with your theory on all counts.

SUX2BU
03-12-09, 10:58 AM

from what I've noticed between this forum and tahoeforum.com and many other car forums I'm on...cadillac owners dont seem to be modding alot of stuff on this site. either that or no one ever post how to guides, or just regular things they are doing to there truck except for a select few... So maybe they just dont have any spare parts to sell :dunno:
I think your both right.
I am not the norm though, i can't own anything and not mod it.