: 09 V too expensive?

propain
03-11-09, 10:54 AM
Is it me or is the V at 65k prices a bit to high?

Im looking to buy one now and cant seem to pull the trigger on this big note without looking around at what else I can get for my money.

65k will buy you:

A completely loaded M3 sedan for 62k

A completely loaded C63 AMG

Both giving big APR incentives of 0.9 to 2.4 percent finance.
Resale value by far will be higher on both the M3 and the C63,
What about quality? Would you put the caddy above either of these?
Bankruptcy? GM troubles?
No incentives at all?
Terrible lease deals?

Check my posts, im not a troll and I loved my 04 V. Im just having a hard time pulling the trigger on 64K for a caddy.

pmsteinm
03-11-09, 11:12 AM
In my opinion the 09 CTS-V is a superior car to both the C63 and M3. The M3 makes no sense...its only a little faster than the 335, and not any nicer inside. Plus, the M3's V8 is kind of whimpy.

(This assumes that you agree that the M5 is superior to the M3)

I don't know a lot about the C63...

As for reliability, I'd say: Cadillac, BMW, and MB a distant last.

There is risk if GM went away...but I figure at least Cadillac and Chevrolet will survive and if not something will probably be worked out from a warranty perspective.

If you thought the $50 04 V was worth it, the 09 V is worth it...its a much better car.

PS. I had an 04 (sold a couple weeks ago) and my 09 should reach the dealer next week...

Razorecko
03-11-09, 11:17 AM
Is it me or is the V at 65k prices a bit to high?

Im looking to buy one now and cant seem to pull the trigger on this big note without looking around at what else I can get for my money.

Both giving big APR incentives of 0.9 to 2.4 percent finance.
Resale value by far will be higher on both the M3 and the C63,
What about quality? Would you put the caddy above either of these?
Bankruptcy? GM troubles?
No incentives at all?
Terrible lease deals?

Check my posts, im not a troll and I loved my 04 V. Im just having a hard time pulling the trigger on 64K for a caddy.

Oh boy. Well the resale on any AMG sucks. You will lose roughly 10k on that c63 as soon as you get off the lot. So thats worse depreciation than the V. Not too mention have you compared the interiors ? AMG interiors are crap unless you go higher up into 6 digit cars like the SL series. The bmw's hold value decently. BUT its slow...you have to keep it up past like 5k to feel any power. The interior space is smaller. Why dont you go and check all of them out. Sounds like so far all you're doing is e-shopping. :D

Lord Cadillac
03-11-09, 11:20 AM
I agree that the 2009 CTS-V is a better car than the M3 Sedan or the C63 AMG. Those cars are too small and not luxurious enough (to me). For the money, I feel you're getting a much better deal with the Cadillac - and believe me, I'm not a Cadillac "fan boy". I am very critical of Cadillac and their products - more so than most people around here...

Razorecko
03-11-09, 11:21 AM
also not too mention...V= man's car. C-class amg/m3 = rich teens car :eek:

Kadonny
03-11-09, 11:24 AM
and believe me, I'm not a Cadillac "fan boy". I am very critical of Cadillac and their products - more so than most people around here...

But, but you are Lord Cadillac :Poke::thepan::hide:

I'll disagree with the OP. These cars are to be had in the low 60's, high 50's. For that money show me any other car with the performance this one has at that money. There is none.

propain
03-11-09, 11:28 AM
In my opinion the 09 CTS-V is a superior car to both the C63 and M3. The M3 makes no sense...its only a little faster than the 335, and not any nicer inside. Plus, the M3's V8 is kind of whimpy.

(This assumes that you agree that the M5 is superior to the M3)

I don't know a lot about the C63...

As for reliability, I'd say: Cadillac, BMW, and MB a distant last.

There is risk if GM went away...but I figure at least Cadillac and Chevrolet will survive and if not something will probably be worked out from a warranty perspective.

If you thought the $50 04 V was worth it, the 09 V is worth it...its a much better car.

PS. I had an 04 (sold a couple weeks ago) and my 09 should reach the dealer next week...

I agree the V is a beast. I wouldn't call the M3 wimpy though. It will run the 1/4 just as fast as the V. The V pulls 0-60 faster though.

The M3 sedan is much lighter. I would also say, and I know this is a bias forum, that BMW has better quality than GM. Ive had GM my whole life and they never really get away from the cheapo plastic used in all their cars. The leather on the V is nice though. But the dash and other is cheapo GM quality.

When selling my V I was amazed how much the car depreciated. They don't hold their value at all.

Im just playing devils advocate as I AM a lover of the V. Just conflicted with all the GM problems and the high price tag of the V.

propain
03-11-09, 11:32 AM

I'll disagree with the OP. These cars are to be had in the low 60's, high 50's. For that money show me any other car with the performance this one has at that money. There is none.

Low 60's high 50's? On what planet?

If you can find one your not touching it for anything under MSRP unless it doesn't have NAV and all the tech toys. I haven't seen one for under 64k yet.

Honestly GM should be offering some incentives on the V. The 04 V was filled with them. I know GM isnt doing well and thats the reason you can get anything under MSRP on them. But that wasnt the case with the 04 V.

darjae
03-11-09, 11:36 AM

If you can find one your not touching it for anything under MSRP unless it doesn't have NAV and all the tech toys. I haven't seen one for under 64k yet.

Honestly GM should be offering some incentives on the V. The 04 V was filled with them. I know GM isnt doing well and thats the reason you can get anything under MSRP on them. But that wasnt the case with the 04 V.

If you look through some of the other posts on this forum, you will find dealers who will accept GMS pricing and GM Employees who can get you the code to qualify for GMS, that's about $8k off (If I remember correctly), which puts the car in the Low 60s/High 50s with every option available. :thepan:

Razorecko
03-11-09, 11:41 AM
There is no way that a new m3 is running the 1/4 in the same time as the V. The new m3 runs the 1/4 in the high twelves. That is exactly the same time as a Jeep srt8.

M5eatr
03-11-09, 11:47 AM
I have to disagree. Many tmes before, I have had buyer's remorse, and with the V1 I did, but I bought it with 1500 miles on it and 10K off sticker, so it was'nt too bad. This one, I got a few grand off, the dealer was nice, estatic to say the least, they are hurting and I have to tell you, it is the best car for the money I have ever had. Even if it depreciates, I will still enjoy the driving experience. Cadillac got it 110% right on this one.

propain
03-11-09, 12:29 PM
There is no way that a new m3 is running the 1/4 in the same time as the V. The new m3 runs the 1/4 in the high twelves. That is exactly the same time as a Jeep srt8.

Ive seen times on the V anywhere from

12.3 - 12.6

Ive seen times on the M3 Sedan anywhere from

12.5 - 12.7

You are right though, the V does seem to be faster in the 1/4 with the right driver.

Ive also seen 0-60 times

V: 3.9 - 4.3
M3: 4.3 - 4.7

Pretty much splitting hairs. Yes, the V is faster, but is it better quality and will it hold its value as the comparably prices 60k BMW?

Both cars are crazy fast, but what car has better value?

neuronbob
03-11-09, 12:56 PM
I sat in a V at the local car show a couple of weeks ago. I happen to own a Japanese luxury make and let me tell you, Cadillac is doing pretty well in the fit and finish department. I wouldn't be looking at it otherwise. The interior doesn't look THAT plasticky, it is FAR better than in the past.

To answer the original question, though, I don't think the current V is too expensive. I think it's just right, it's certainly competitive with the Germans, and that's the whole point of GM's exercise--give us MORE for the same or less money. That's how the Japanese won the car wars in this country, and it's good to see us fighting back.

pmsteinm
03-11-09, 01:06 PM
I've seen 0-60 times of 4.8-5.3 for a 335i sedan. Aside from getting a V8, the M3 just doesn't make sense to me.

Plus, while I like my wife's 335, it's interior is not even close to the 09V (it is better than the 04-07 V however). And the 335 is a chick car:hide::stirpot:

But at the end of the day, if you don't think the V is worth it, don't get it. If you like it, get it. You don't want to ever regret buying (or not buying) a car. Some of us think the V is a steal at ~$65k...if you don't, it might not be the car for you. And despite my comments, the M3 is still a good car, just not for me (I wanted an M5 until the new V came out, now the M5 is a total ripoff)

demorgan59
03-11-09, 01:08 PM
If eye had enough mony, I'd by to of them. Sheesh.:want:

propain
03-11-09, 02:14 PM
I've seen 0-60 times of 4.8-5.3 for a 335i sedan. Aside from getting a V8, the M3 just doesn't make sense to me.

Plus, while I like my wife's 335, it's interior is not even close to the 09V (it is better than the 04-07 V however). And the 335 is a chick car:hide::stirpot:

But at the end of the day, if you don't think the V is worth it, don't get it. If you like it, get it. You don't want to ever regret buying (or not buying) a car. Some of us think the V is a steal at ~$65k...if you don't, it might not be the car for you. And despite my comments, the M3 is still a good car, just not for me (I wanted an M5 until the new V came out, now the M5 is a total ripoff)

My 04 V was not very high quality. If they have made improvements then this is something to swap me back to the V.

My 04 V had its Nav buttons chip within the first 3 months. The radiator replaced. Alternator... Rear ect..

It also had pretty lame wheel hop that was hard to get rid of even with after market hardware.

If these things are now gone and improved I think the V might be the way to go then. I cant sit in one because no one has one. I have only the internet to a guide. I must wait 3 weeks for one to come in and put money down to hold it before even getting in it or driving it.

The bottom line for me is my 04 V was pretty much crappy interior quality, low resale value and lots of time in the shop, but a rocket. Pretty much paying 50K + for a really fast "Luxury" car.

If its more of the same with the 09 V but for 64K I might have to look elsewhere.

colbachlaw
03-11-09, 02:30 PM
If you want an incredible handling car that is easy to get HUGE horsepower out of, the V is the way to go.

Go ride in an M3 and let me know how your kidney's feel after a day on anything but the best pavement.

I have a bad, bad habit of modding my cars and for $2K I can have a pretty reliable 650 HP car. If the engine goes bang, I can get it rebuilt with better internals and back in the car for $10K. Try that with a BMW or a Mercedes.

Check out Mercedes quality control- I think KIA is currently beating them and the techs I know at the Mercedes dealership spend most of their time doing warranty work.

I paid under $60K for my loaded V (picking it up in a couple of weeks), so I can't complain about the price.

I have owned a 911 and a 3 series and both were decent cars, but very, very expensive to fix and nowhere near as much fun to drive as my 01' Zo6 or my supercharged 96' Impala SS, as they had no torque compared to my Chevys.

Within reason, I can buy whatever I want, so price was not a consideration, and I still chose the V over BMW and Mercedes as I truly believe it is a better car and I am would rather stimulate the US economy than the German economy.

Mike C

MReiland
03-11-09, 03:31 PM
Can't PM Propain due to mailbox full.

Example Vehicle: (Actual Vehicle at Ron Carter in Houston TX)
2009 Automatic with NAV and Ultraview Roof:
MSRP :$64340
Supplier: $59788
GMS : $57220

pmsteinm
03-11-09, 03:31 PM
The bottom line for me is my 04 V was pretty much crappy interior quality, low resale value and lots of time in the shop, but a rocket.

I wasn't too keen on the 04 interior either. The 09 is nothing like it. Superior in every way. I've sat in 3 09 V's at the dealer/auto shows, and I really like them. Way better than the 3 series and Lexus IS-F. If you can't sit in a V, sit in a regular CTS to at least get an idea. It's mostly same except for the center console (which I really like in the V).

Cadillac Tony
03-11-09, 03:39 PM
Propain:

Are you anywhere near Florida? I've got two on hand right now, and would be happy to take you on a test drive. Once you sit in the new V, you'll realize that there is NO comparison between the first and second generation CTS-V except the name. Cheap and plasticky might have been true on the old ones, but just check out the new interior:

http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/2009/2009-cadillac-cts-v-3.jpg

Simply amazing, and a better interior than an M3 or C63 all day long.

Hawkeye2
03-11-09, 03:42 PM
I think they're a bargain! I have an 08 Z06 which I'm keeping, and am ordering a V on Friday. I think GM put some effort into these cars,
unlike a few years ago, these car will haul a$$ and handle as well. As for resale, who cares! I buy a car to drive and keep. I'll only sell
if I get tired of it, then I'll get what I get. No one can predict the future value, too many variables.

Kadonny
03-11-09, 03:54 PM

You are not looking in the right places. Depending on options (of course) some dealers are discounting the cars off of sticker (see the 2 dealers that post on this forum for more details). And if you do things right, you may even qualify for GMS or supplier pricing. That squarely puts you in the high 50's low 60's depending on your options, and assuming you don't need Recaros (those cars are fetching premiums).

My 04 V was not very high quality. If they have made improvements then this is something to swap me back to the V.

My 04 V had its Nav buttons chip within the first 3 months. The radiator replaced. Alternator... Rear ect..

Fixed.

It also had pretty lame wheel hop that was hard to get rid of even with after market hardware.

Also fixed. I mean really fixed. This car will sit and spin all day long.

If its more of the same with the 09 V but for 64K I might have to look elsewhere.

It's not more of the same, it's an entirely different and much, much better car.

propain
03-11-09, 04:31 PM
Well after that screen shot and seeing how to get a discount off MSRP I have decided to give the V first crack.

The interior looks awesome in that screen shot and as stated a world of difference from my 04.

Thanks to all for the comments.

propain
03-11-09, 04:32 PM
Propain:

Are you anywhere near Florida? I've got two on hand right now, and would be happy to take you on a test drive. Once you sit in the new V, you'll realize that there is NO comparison between the first and second generation CTS-V except the name. Cheap and plasticky might have been true on the old ones, but just check out the new interior:

Simply amazing, and a better interior than an M3 or C63 all day long.

Im in NYC but I will be in Tampa next week on business. Are you near that area?

Are you able to offer the GMS price discount? If so I will drive it back to NY.

Let me know.

Lord Cadillac
03-11-09, 05:17 PM

I'm Cadillac's biggest fan - and biggest critic.

Im in NYC but I will be in Tampa next week on business. Are you near that area?

Are you able to offer the GMS price discount? If so I will drive it back to NY.

Let me know.

Tampa is probably 90-120 minutes away from where Tony is if I'm not mistaken. You really should go take a look at the new CTS-V. It's a completely different car from the first generation. And it's of very high quality...

Cadillac Tony
03-11-09, 05:20 PM
Lord Cadillac is correct- Tampa's 1.5 to 2 hours South of me. Take I-75 North and it drops you right in Leesburg.

I have two in stock, both Thunder Gray Chromaflair, loaded with every option except Recaros. If you can get a valid GMS or GSU number, bring it with you and drive the car home. :thumbsup:

OldDrummer55
03-11-09, 08:02 PM
The V2 will eat them both alive. Work with Scott or Tony and you'll get an excellent deal. My two cents...

Fubar75207
03-11-09, 09:35 PM
Does the OP realize he asked that question on a Cadillac forum?

whisler151
03-11-09, 09:57 PM
Does the OP realize he asked that question on a Cadillac forum?

I'm not sure...maybe he was looking to start something?

Side note...are you Delta right?

nc09v2
03-11-09, 10:10 PM
I'm (still) an E550 Benz owner, and passed on a new C63 to get the V.

Agree that the money is about the same, but the Cady offers everything that an E63 ($90K+) or M5 ($87K+) does in terms of size and content and performance. The C63 with "performance package", a must, as it has positraction, rides way too stiff for daily use, it also gets pretty close to $70K when equipped as such.

The M3 is a nice piece, but you need "IDrive" to get navigation, and is really better as a stick car, which is certainly o.k. for some. Try IDrive and form your own opinion.

Resale value? Look at what a used 06 C55 is worth, about the same as on 06 V. M3 does hold it's value somewhat better, but nothing to cheer about either.

All that matters is that you get what you like, but I have not regretted giving GM another try. The performance, quality and refinement of this car are much better than anything GM I have owned before.

tblack
03-12-09, 01:13 AM
As an e92 M3 coupe owner I have to say it is a great car, that said, I'm trying to sell it right now so I can get a black/black V2 6 speed with recaros but I've had no luck. I'm only asking $51500 USD ($65000 CAN) and I had no bites on my last eBay auction.

I just say drive them both, if you were in Canada I'd let you drive my M3. (Which I can confidently say because I know you're not in Canada :) jk) but I agree with the people that call the engine "wimpy". Its not wimpy in the sense that it is not a great motor, it's probably one of the best I've driven. It is, however, wimpy in the sense that it has very little torque. 295 lbs-ft to be exact. Which is as much as a 335i. The times when I 335i pulls up beside me and I know that if I don't shift perfectly and take it to redline in every gear I will probably lose just doesn't sit well with me. Even on it's best day and a stock CTS wouldn't have a glimmer of chance keeping up with a V.

The fact that a V is 252 hp more powerful than it's mortal CTS counterpart is very pleasing to me.

My favourite car I've owned to date was my black 2005 CTS-V.......

food for thought.

JEM
03-12-09, 02:33 AM
I agree with the people that call the engine "wimpy". Its not wimpy in the sense that it is not a great motor, it's probably one of the best I've driven. It is, however, wimpy in the sense that it has very little torque. 295 lbs-ft to be exact. Which is as much as a 335i.

And of course that turbo 335i can be pumped up way beyond that number fairly cheaply, where getting another 50ft/lb out of the M3's V8 will cost you half the price of the car (if and when someone reputable figures out how to do it.) Of course, the 335i has no limited-slip and the chassis setup's nowhere near as good as the M3, but that's a lot cheaper to fix than the buzz-bomb motor.

That's what's always kept me away from the E60 M5 - below 6500RPM the V10 is no improvement over my E39, and in street use I get to 7000RPM maybe twice a week.

Fubar75207
03-12-09, 08:24 AM
If your on the fence about buying a Cadillac remember this... this country needs Detroit to survive. The chips are down, it's the bottom of the 9th... time to start rooting for the home team.

btw... I traded my M6 for this car and I think it was a steal.

Fubar75207
03-12-09, 08:26 AM
I'm not sure...maybe he was looking to start something?

Side note...are you Delta right?

Yes.

propain
03-12-09, 08:42 AM
I went to the dealer yesterday to sit in a CTS check out the interior. All I have to say is excuse my ignorance. Caddy has made vast improvements and the quality is far superior to my 04 V. One step closer. With the help I am getting from this site with GMS pricing I should have no problem getting another V. :)

Cadillac Tony
03-12-09, 09:20 AM
It's not limited to the interior, either. The steering and body control feels so much better sorted than the first generation cars. Right out of the box, it feels better than an 04 with FG2s and sway bars, and the steering is so much more precise. The car also feels vastly more substantial, both in solidity and stability, due to the weight and wider track.

I've been selling Cadillacs for 10 years now, and I really think this is the best car they've built in a long, long time.

Kadonny
03-12-09, 09:28 AM
I'll one up you Tony. I think this is the best Cadillac ever made.

gothicaleigh
03-12-09, 09:33 AM
Pretty much splitting hairs. Yes, the V is faster, but is it better quality and will it hold its value as the comparably prices 60k BMW?
Both cars are crazy fast, but what car has better value?

The V2 is an M5, not an M3. The only area where the M3 compares is price.

As for value:

2009 Kelley Blue Book Best Resale Value Award
Vehicle Category: Full-size car
Vehicle: The 2009 Cadillac CTS
http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/experience/news_2009_KBB_preview.jsp

Have you seen what used M5s go for versus their sticker? It's not pretty.

tblack
03-12-09, 01:39 PM
At this point, if leasing GMAC leasing were around in Canada I would have already taken the hit and traded in my M3 and my Acadia for the V.

While we're talking about GM quality...... I have to admit, this GMC Acadia has really impressed me.

propain
03-12-09, 01:52 PM
At this point, if leasing GMAC leasing were around in Canada I would have already taken the hit and traded in my M3 and my Acadia for the V.

While we're talking about GM quality...... I have to admit, this GMC Acadia has really impressed me.

I have a 08 Buick Enclave fully loaded. A very nice crossover indeed. MY wife's car now. :)

FreddyG
03-12-09, 02:07 PM

HOLY CRAP! :eek:

That's the Best price that I've seen, especially with those options! That's actually less money using GMS than some used ones are going for, and these are ones that have never been beat on or driven!

My advice to the OP is to go drive both of them and figure out which one that you like better!

Having driven both of them, I can tell you to not believe everything that you read in magazines because not only does the Vee feel faster than the M3, it is! Torque does that and the M3 doesn't have torque (until 5-6k rpm and unless you're on a track or on a nice long stretch of road will that benefit you). Just my thoughts, but you need to do what makes you Happy!

Best of Luck on your decision! :cheers:

Razorecko
03-12-09, 03:21 PM
^ problem is if you want the recaro's and a 6spd manual you wont find it for any cheaper than msrp.

neuronbob
03-12-09, 07:20 PM
That GMS number for the ultraview and nav with regular seats, what I'm looking for, is pushing me over the edge. WOW. That's a nationwide number? Not just at that dealership?

cmicasa
03-12-09, 10:53 PM
The Vis not even an M3 competitor.. it competes with the M5. Meaning that the CTS-V is UNDER-PRICED. Personally I believe GM should have priced it about $10K more minimum. $65K is a STUPID bargain for this Cadillac... $62K for an M3 is a RIP OFF

JEM
03-13-09, 02:36 AM
The Vis not even an M3 competitor.. it competes with the M5. Meaning that the CTS-V is UNDER-PRICED. Personally I believe GM should have priced it about $10K more minimum. $65K is a STUPID bargain for this Cadillac... $62K for an M3 is a RIP OFF

I don't think $62K for the M3 is a ripoff, it's a very competent vehicle. Neither is it particularly a bargain.

The powertrain doesn't suit me, and the option list is so long that the difference between a base car and a full-dresser is probably $25K.

V-Love
03-13-09, 03:11 AM
Drive V2 and you'll be trying to find a way to get one.
V1=night, V2=day.

Kadonny
03-13-09, 09:07 AM
That GMS number for the ultraview and nav with regular seats, what I'm looking for, is pushing me over the edge. WOW. That's a nationwide number? Not just at that dealership?

That's a nationwide number IF you have a GMS code. I was in that ballpark with my car with same options plus polished wheels.

MReiland
03-13-09, 01:28 PM

GMS is GMS, as long as your dealer will take it. Some markets like CA don't seem to right now on hot cars. If you meet the requirements listed earlier in the thread, PM me for more details.

Krug Ford
03-13-09, 02:23 PM
If you happen to get the GMS discount you are getting a great price on this vehicle..

FreddyG
03-14-09, 12:46 PM

You must be rich (as far as money goes, I don't mean that your name is Rich :D)! You do realize that GM reads these boards, don't you?

As far as being UNDER priced.......I don't think so! They priced it at what they think the market would pay. If there are people getting them for GMS (GREAT deal for the amount of car that you're getting) and Supplier pricing, what makes you think that someone would pay $10k+ more for them?

That would make the difference between the CTS-V and the M5 even smaller and some might think that if they're going to pay $75k+ for a Cadillac, they might as well get an M5. Nothing against Cadillac, but the CTS-V is not worth $75k in this economy. GM did a good thing in pricing it the way that they did if they want to sell cars and they do need to sell cars!

Just my opinion! :cheers:

But I'd like to ask those that have one....................Would you have bought one if they were $10k-15k more than what you paid?

IRONDOG
03-14-09, 12:49 PM
I need a leasing incentive!

Cadillac Tony
03-14-09, 01:25 PM
. If there are people getting them for GMS (GREAT deal for the amount of car that you're getting) and Supplier pricing, what makes you think that someone would pay $10k+ more for them?

The majority of the people who are getting GMS or Supplier are the people on this forum who are taking advantage of special offers from Scott and Myself, helped out by the generosity of MReiland. The "general public" that walks in the front door is paying MSRP for these cars, and many Dealers are getting over MSRP for them.

We tend to get tunnel vision when we spend a lot of time on the forums, and forget that this represents 1% of the population. The average sale price of these cars is WAY above GMS and Supplier.

I tend to agree that the CTS-V is way underpriced in it's class, especially considering how badly it beats the M5 and C63 AMG. Most new cars launch at a low price to help generate buzz and get them on the road, then the manufacturer slowly raises the price. The base CTS has gone up over $5,500 in price since it was introduced last year, and I expect to see the same thing happen to the CTS-V.

62Jeff
03-14-09, 02:22 PM

That's very interesting.

Ron Carter Cadillac is near my house, and is where I bought my 2009 Automatic with NAV and Ultraview Roof car (silver with grey interior).

They did not give me the impression that they were accepting GMS or Supplier discount, so I did not get it :confused:

Their current on-line inventory
http://www.roncarter-cadillac.com/

does not show any CTS-V's in stock, so perhaps the reference is out of date and actually is THE same car that has been in my garage since Feb 10?

Jeff

MReiland
03-14-09, 02:51 PM
That's very interesting.

Ron Carter Cadillac is near my house, and is where I bought my 2009 Automatic with NAV and Ultraview Roof car (silver with grey interior).

They did not give me the impression that they were accepting GMS or Supplier discount, so I did not get it :confused:

Their current on-line inventory
http://www.roncarter-cadillac.com/

does not show any CTS-V's in stock, so perhaps the reference is out of date and actually is THE same car that has been in my garage since Feb 10?

Jeff

The reference was only showing the 'price difference' from MSRP, to Supplier, to GMS. I only used it since it showed up on GMFamilyFirst and I happen to be near Ron Carter right now for a work assignment.

As I always state, it is up to the dealer to decide if they accept GSU or GMS pricing. Some do, some don't. We are all lucky to have Tony and Scott.

Matt

GMX322V S/C
03-14-09, 03:57 PM
...But I'd like to ask those that have one....................Would you have bought one if they were $10k-15k more than what you paid?I was expecting--and preparing to pay--mid-70's MSRP; I was fortunate enough to get GMU, so, yeah, I would've paid $10K more than I ended up paying.

62Jeff
03-14-09, 07:13 PM
The reference was only showing the 'price difference' from MSRP, to Supplier, to GMS. I only used it since it showed up on GMFamilyFirst and I happen to be near Ron Carter right now for a work assignment.

As I always state, it is up to the dealer to decide if they accept GSU or GMS pricing. Some do, some don't. We are all lucky to have Tony and Scott.

Matt

Cool. :thumbsup: