: Anyone heard of OBX mufflers

Naf
03-11-09, 08:47 AM
Ok, i was surfin the net. And i cam across OBX. They make all sorts of mufflers with a 2.5" inlet which is perfect for my application. I have isolated my cab noise to the mufflers since the noise is originatin from the trunk...

I was goin to replace the corsa resonator with the dual inlet muffler, then at the tail install the OBX Ti mufflers...Weight aught to be more balanced, but i havent been able to find any decent clips where i can judge the inside noise they omit.

If i leave the window down i dont hear the whine of the diff, nor the exhaust note too much. Close the window and its completely different, the whine is present and the drone below 1750 is annoyin...

I ordered Prolong anti friction additive, which should help reduce the noise. Plus help it all glide nicely...They did a test where they ran a grindin disc onto a bearin and there was no noise and no wear...That should do something for our issues...

Tomorrow i will be installin my new NAF cam from LPE...
The duration is a bit better then the GT-11, but much less lift. I have been complimented on the power curve, even at my 7000rpm red line it keeps on pullin.

Anyways any commments on the OBX would be appriciated...

deedubb
03-11-09, 08:55 AM
I can't attest to the quality nor the sound they omit on a V8 but can say that MANY of my old friends used to have them on their Hondas and Nissans back when I was in High School. I now associate OBX with rice because of my experience with them.

Naf
03-11-09, 09:04 AM
Was it more bass or treble when they went off? Plus the inside noie was it a headache or mellow?

deedubb
03-11-09, 09:09 AM
On a 4 cyl, they were really loud and raspy and very audible from within the cabin. I've never heard them on a 8 cyl.

Here are a few clips I found (most if not all are 4 cyl though): http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=obx&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=obx+muffler&hl=en&emb=0

AAIIIC
03-11-09, 10:35 AM
OBX makes a lot of knock-off stuff, everything from exhausts (headers, mufflers) to differentials. I have an OBX header on my Subaru - decent build quality, very good power/torque gains - but I can't say anything about their mufflers.

I ordered Prolong anti friction additive, which should help reduce the noise. Plus help it all glide nicely...They did a test where they ran a grindin disc onto a bearin and there was no noise and no wear...That should do something for our issues...
:histeric::rofl::lol: That's some good stuff. Tell us more jokes, please!

KaMaSuTrA
03-11-09, 11:38 AM
OBX is a knock off eBay brand, very popular for the chippy choppy Honda crowd, if you add their mufflers to your CTS-V you might as well finish the package and add VTAK to your motor.

Slithering_Joe
03-11-09, 11:44 AM
OBX is a knock off eBay brand, very popular for the chippy choppy Honda crowd, if you add their mufflers to your CTS-V you might as well finish the package and add VTAK to your motor.

VTAK: :histeric:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z130/Slithering_Joe/Misc/vTAK.gif