: Mobil 1 oil filters

caddiedrummer
03-10-09, 09:12 PM
Which Mobil 1 oil filter fits the 09 V? Thanks

GM-4-LIFE
03-10-09, 11:51 PM
Which Mobil 1 oil filter fits the 09 V? Thanks

M1-113 is the Mobil 1 oil filter part number, but DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT run this filter over 10K miles. I used the Mobil 1 M1-113 oil filter and sent off the Mobil 1 oil to Blackstone labs to be analyzed and the report came back advising NOT to run the Mobil 1 oil filter over 10K mile service intervals.

After that experience with the Mobil 1 oil filters, I am going to the Amsoil EA oil filter and I advise you do the same. Amsoil EAO50 oil filter is the one you need.

Hope this helps!

SG

Submariner409
03-11-09, 07:23 AM
Google "knize oil filter study" and do some homework before you hang your hat on any one filter brand. There are several links, and the original work has been updated. You will need some reading time.

You might want to compare the WIX line to some other rebranded products.

caddiedrummer
03-11-09, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys--helpful.

I don't run any filter over about 3500 miles so that won't be an issue. I don't really care for Mobil 1 filters, it is just that Advance is running a speacial for 5 quarts of Mobil 1 oil and you get a filter .

It is hard to find 00/40 which my Vipers run on much less on sale so that is why I am doing it. And the Vipers run on a very dedicated Mopar filter. So, I will use the Mobil filter on the Caddy if I don't have the Delco or Wix laying around. Thanks

GM-4-LIFE
03-11-09, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys--helpful.

I don't run any filter over about 3500 miles so that won't be an issue. I don't really care for Mobil 1 filters, it is just that Advance is running a speacial for 5 quarts of Mobil 1 oil and you get a filter .

It is hard to find 00/40 which my Vipers run on much less on sale so that is why I am doing it. And the Vipers run on a very dedicated Mopar filter. So, I will use the Mobil filter on the Caddy if I don't have the Delco or Wix laying around. Thanks

Don't get me wrong. The Mobil 1 oil filters are good, but they advertise them as the Mobil 1 "extended performance" oil filters, however you can't run them for an "extended" service interval as I found out through my oil analysis.

You can go much longer than 3,500 miles between oil changes. You are kind of wasting money changing Mobil 1 and a Mobil 1 oil filter out that soon. You can go at least 5,000-7,500 miles on the oil and filter combo you are going with and if you go by the oil life monitor, I am sure the amount of miles will be more around 8,000-10,000 miles.

SG

CVP33
03-11-09, 08:20 PM
Just a heads up that Advance Auto Parts has a $29.99 special going 5 quarts of Mobil 1 + Mobil 1 oil filter. I bought some for my Tahoe tonight. I don't know if anyone else is seeing this, but here Mobil 1 is up to $7.65 a quart, so this was a pretty good deal. The filter retails for $11.99.