: Cold Air Box from More

sefa01
07-06-04, 10:50 AM
Looking at the $250 Cold Air Box from More. Does installation of this void the warranty?

In fact, what exhaust/engine/suspension treatments would affect the warranty?

trekster
07-06-04, 11:13 AM
Looking at the $250 Cold Air Box from More. Does installation of this void the warranty?

In fact, what exhaust/engine/suspension treatments would affect the warranty? I would like to know this also even though I installed the Cold air Kit Already........http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/hide.gif

globed70
07-06-04, 11:59 AM
I posted this a few days back:

--------------------------------
...aftermarket mods can affect your warranty if the manufacturer can prove that your mods caused damage to the item being fixed under warranty. Alot of this depends on YOUR dealer and their service department. Your actual rights are backed up by law, under the Moss-Magnusson Act. However, for all those who claim Moss-Magnusson and want to fight the good fight, common sense can help. An exhaust system or individual exhaust components from the cat-back... not a problem. Depending on their fit, headers can be blamed for heat problems. Intakes used to be OK with many dealers, until the manufacturers found that the re-oiling of performance filters (i.e. K&N) sometimes fouled their MAFs and other intake components. Heads, cams, forced induction, you are seriously putting any engine warranty work into doubt. Computer programming has also come under fire.

Flame all you want, but paying a lawyer while your car is in a million pieces for a LONG time is not meant to be alot of fun... I have heard of guys with M5 and Z06 who went through this over bent valves and the like. Not fun.
--------------------------------

My advice.... speak to YOUR dealer.