: For those of you who use a radar...

liqidvenom
03-10-09, 03:35 PM
I know that the vehicle has a system that keeps power running in the vehicle for about 10mins or so but it seems that my radar never goes off. I have it plugged into the cig lighter near the shifter ( i plan on hardwiring it eventually). IS this common with these cars? im worried that i may forget and have it possibly drain the battery.

ichpen
03-10-09, 03:37 PM
Your cig lighter is perpetually on. It's the way of these cars so don't leave anything plugged in unless you want a dead battery.

MauiV
03-10-09, 03:43 PM
I leave mine in all the time unless I park in a lot that has something that keeps setting it off and I even forget then sometimes. It isnt enough drain to kill your battery unless you leave it parked for weeks or months.

ctsv154
03-10-09, 03:53 PM
what he said^^^^^ dont worry about it

perfect
03-10-09, 04:00 PM
why not buy the rearview mirror mount and then use the invisicord to tap into the rearview mirror accessory +12V

It looks great, keeps the radar at optimal height and viewing capacity....and turns on/off with the vehicle!

atdeneve
03-10-09, 04:03 PM
Hardwire would be the cleanest option but, if that's not a possibility,you can switch a fuse so that the cig lighter turns off with the RAP. Check the FAQ.

lollygagger8
03-10-09, 04:04 PM
I have mine hardwired to the wires up in the dome lights (FAQ has correct wires)

I left mine going for a week and a half and came back to start it and (insert clint eastwood movie...tumbleweed blowing by...whistle)

If you are going to leave it sit, unplug dat $hit!

Twitch
03-10-09, 04:33 PM
I have mine hardwired to the wires up in the dome lights (FAQ has correct wires)

I left mine going for a week and a half and came back to start it and (insert clint eastwood movie...tumbleweed blowing by...whistle)

If you are going to leave it sit, unplug dat !
It didn't turn off? I did the FAQ hook up, and I'm sure mine turns off.

thebigjimsho
03-10-09, 04:33 PM
Hardwired will eventually auto-off...

MescalVto
03-10-09, 04:40 PM
Invisicord!!! FTW!!! Well worth 15$ or so depending on the length you want; you do not necessarily need to mount on the rearview . . . I have a V-1 in it's factory suction cup mount just below the headliner and left of my rearview mirror. The invisicord comes with little tab connectors that fit perfectly in the connector on the back of our rearviw mirror - more like plugging in than installing!

thebigjimsho
03-10-09, 04:46 PM
From the makers of Invisalign?

lollygagger8
03-10-09, 04:48 PM
Maybe I did it wrong then....who knows. It will reset every so often (after car is shut off) like every 10 minutes it shuts off, but the turns right back on again. Damn gremlins

thebigjimsho
03-10-09, 04:55 PM
Maybe I did it wrong then....who knows. It will reset every so often (after car is shut off) like every 10 minutes it shuts off, but the turns right back on again. Damn gremlins
does it have something to do with your keyfob?

lollygagger8
03-10-09, 05:09 PM
What do you mean?

thebigjimsho
03-10-09, 05:19 PM
I notice that whenever I walk around the V with the keyfob in my pocket, the V1 turns back on and the lights can turn on. If I don't have my fob with me, it doesn't...

at least that's what appears to be so...

thebigjimsho
03-10-09, 05:19 PM
:spooky:

UnsafeAtAnySpd
03-10-09, 06:40 PM
Doesn't the car sense when the battery is low and turn off accessories anyway? I've been sitting in my car taking a nap at lunch time and had this happen. I had the sunblock visor thing in the window and forgot to turn the lights off. Eventually everything turns off and 'battery saver' or something pops up. Starts right up.

thebigjimsho
03-10-09, 07:24 PM
interesting...

liqidvenom
03-10-09, 11:14 PM
I notice that whenever I walk around the V with the keyfob in my pocket, the V1 turns back on and the lights can turn on. If I don't have my fob with me, it doesn't...

at least that's what appears to be so...

thats what i think is going on here with the cig lighter. I didnt remember seeing it on when i go to throw out the garbage but when i walk up to my car with the keys its always on.